User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default How do ENFPs behave when attracted to someone?

When they like someone. When they are in love. And so on.

(I happen to have an ENFP friend who has been behaving very oddly in my vicinity.
    Blushing, shyness, occasional muteness, embarrassment, constant staring at me, nervous laughters... Not the kind of behaviour this person usually exhibits.

But I'm not sure.

I actually doubt it... I've heard that ENFPs can behave like they were interested without actually being interested at all.

In fact, I almost never think that anyone would be interested in me (which has resulted in some shocking surprise "I luv u" statements directed to me), but this person is behaving just too uncommonly.

Help me )

Smile yes, that is how I would act...esp the staring

I don't know how old you are...but it sounds like me!

Quote Originally Posted by RandomNF View Post

(I happen to have an ENFP friend who has been behaving very oddly in my vicinity.
    Blushing, shyness, occasional muteness, embarrassment, constant staring at me, nervous laughters... Not the kind of behaviour this person usually exhibits.

But I'm not sure.

I actually doubt it... I've heard that ENFPs can behave like they were interested without actually being interested at all.

In fact, I almost never think that anyone would be interested in me (which has resulted in some shocking surprise "I luv u" statements directed to me), but this person is behaving just too uncommonly.

Help me )
    Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, oil your brain, before it starts to rust...

MBTI
    INFJ

I have no idea how close this is to a typical ENFPs way of behaving, but my best friend is one and I see a distinct pattern to how she acts around people she likes. She basically mentally panics around them and gets surprisingly introverted at first, doubting that the relationship will ever happen or work out so that she doesn't get her hopes up. Then, when it does happen, she slowly warms up and gets comfortable around that person. Ultimately she gets so comfortable that she likes to be jokingly mean to them; calling them names, etc. Her current INTJ boyfriend (another good friend of mine) seems to never really know how to properly react to these remarks because he sometimes can't tell if she is joking or not. Now I will describe her relationship with her current boyfriend:

She likes to try and get involved in some of the things that he does for fun, like video games, which is sometimes an invasion to his independence since they live together. She can't stand being alone, and he can't stand not being alone. Her getting involved usually means watching him play for five minutes (give or take), announcing that his video game is boring, and then asks him to play a different one that she likes when he would much rather play the other one. The games she likes are the kind with instant gratification, usually involving a point/score system. He prefers games with more depth and strategy, typically being RPGs.

She likes to turn everything into a compromise, which ticks him off since her suggested "compromises" are usually heavily biased in her favor. In the heat of the fight she often uses her emotions to formulate not-so-sound logic, and her boyfriend spots it instantly, but when he calls her out on it she accuses him of calling her emotions stupid. She usually uses her feelings to dismiss his opinions, labeling them as insensitive. However, he somehow is able to get past all of that since he loves her. They are very cute.

I think it's funny because they fight so often, yet she is typically not the type of person that picks out arguments or fights with anyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by RandomNF View Post

But I'm not sure.

Help me )
    Yeah, that sounds like your ENFP might indeed like you.

What they're talking about when they say that ENFPs can behave like they're interested, when in fact they're not, is our intense interest in the subject at hand - we can seem quite absorbed in the person we're talking to, even though to us it may just be a friend or even an acquaintance. But we do this around everyone - I'm sure you've noticed your ENFP friend behaving like this?

It's when our behaviour changes (and often get shy/awkward) that usually indicates feelings on our behalf.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    enfp

You're toast

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Haha, Clentizene!
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP

Thanks for the answers. So I probably haven't been paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    What they're talking about when they say that ENFPs can behave like they're interested, when in fact they're not, is our intense interest in the subject at hand - we can seem quite absorbed in the person we're talking to, even though to us it may just be a friend or even an acquaintance. But we do this around everyone - I'm sure you've noticed your ENFP friend behaving like this?
    Oh yes, my friend concentrates 110 % when talking to just anyone... sometimes I feel rather suffocated because of this deep level of absorption in the situation. (I blame my Introversion.)

MBTI
    ENFP

I certainly do the shy thing when I'm romantically into someone. It's especially an issue of eye contact, as I tend to always make eye contact with people.

MBTI
    EXXP

Oh RandomNF I agree, you're toast

When I am interested in someone I behave very similar as your friend does. As I've matured, I've been able to grow out of it a bit more and not show it to my romantic interest, but on the inside...yep, that crazy, nervous, don't know what to say or act feelings are ALL there.

And yes, if I have no interest whatsoever romantically, sometimes my enthuiasm for the person as a friend is taken as romantic interest.

MBTI
    GONE

From the question, I thought you meant by "attraction" when you were just interested in someone? If so --

If I'm attracted to someone it's obvious because I make my intentions known.

I'm pretty impulsive and I like what I like. I thought ENFPs were like that.

If I start developing feelings for someone and I don't want them to know (?) I could act shy I guess...because hiding your feelings could seem like being shy?

Maybe I'm just older and wiser and free-er now (thank you all things holy) but I don't see the need to hide my feelings or attraction anymore. It is what it is and rejection ain't no thang.

On the flip, yeah, people can VERY EASILY misread ENFP behavior for romantic interest or flirting. That too, is what it is.

Alright, I'm distracted when I'm writing this so it's probably garbled. Maybe I'm just so shocked that the site is actually WORKING!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari