User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

I think it may be an issue of the perceived feelings of the target.

If I know someone is into me, then I'm usually very forward with my intentions and my affection. I let them know I am interested in them.

However, in the cases where I'm not 100% sure, I'm usually pretty shy and hyper cautious about what signals I put out. Which leads me to appear quiet, which is pretty much the opposite of how I act in real life.

I don't want to speak for all ENFP's , (yet here I go) but I think this is an issue of being hyper aware of the perceived symbolic meanings behind words and actions. If you really value someone and see them as a possible mate, but don't know where or how they feel about you, then you will most likely play it safe and be reserved.

MBTI
    ENFP

Well, for me when I'm NOT attracted to someone and they are attracted to me, I tell them straight out that I don't like them... But I suppose you can say I lead them on for a bit before I tell them. It's quite the ego-boost, but don't expect most people to be honest like I'm being right now, haha!

But when I do like someone, I don't think I act different around them. I just watch what I say and focus more of my attention on them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

How do ENFPs behave when attracted to someone?
    When they like someone.

I withdraw.

MBTI
    ENFP

When I am interested in someone I go from a confident James Bond shaken not stirred type of guy into a total super shy 14 year old freshman girl who has a secret crush on the senior star quarterback in highschool.

MBTI
    GONE

Noooooo! Nooooo!

Stop being wusses you pansy ENFPs!!!!

How will anyone (*love interest cough cough*) take us seriously if you guys act so unsmooth!

Geez guys, it's like you never read 'The Rules' or watched 'Swingers' or anything.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Noooooo! Nooooo!

Stop being wusses you pansy ENFPs!!!!

How will anyone (*love interest cough cough*) take us seriously if you guys act so unsmooth!

Geez guys, it's like you never read 'The Rules' or watched 'Swingers' or anything.
    Oh I know the rules very well, its just.... Well I don't know what happens, its like trying to act normal makes you look like a lunatic. Think of the person high off his ass trying to think of how they would act normally when they are not high, and end looking so obviously high. I try to figure out how to act instead of be myself and then I try to figure out how to be myself etc... and then go into a crazy loop and end up looking like a total nervouse wreck freshman. Thankfully that look seems to be in with some women.

MBTI
    ENFP

Gosh it really depends...my issue is I don't like being pursued first..I like casual friendship/acquaintance that allows me to see if my uniqueness I guess will be appreciated and tolerated by the person and if we have fun together. it's difficult for me to do this when the guy makes moves when I don't really know him. I then get caught between wanting to please him and knowing I can't be myself. If I'm attracted to someone I can be shy.. but if the relationship is actually going to last I need to have fun and then you will just be able to tell. We'll be comfortable together and have fun.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm a big blusher, when I like someone, thoughts of them, things they say, they themselves, make me blush, big time.

When I am initially attracted to someone I become painfully awkward, all of my social skills become temporarily lost, and forgotten, direct eye contact is avoided (due to the blushing problem), stuttering and strange moments of silence or bursts of nervous nonsensical jibber-jabber ensue.

When I find myself intensely attracted to someone I am almost paralyzed by the felt intensity, stupefied by it, or should I say stupidified.

But yeah, I a whole lot when I like you.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

You know, being shy around people you like is also an ENFJ thing. I've done it my whole life. In fact, now that I think about it, I've never had a girl like me for who I am. It sucks balls!

For me, I'm horribly afraid of rejection. I just shut up and wait for the wittiest comments to come to mind (girls love a guy that can make them laugh, right?) Fact is, though, that that comment never comes and I end up looking like some silent stalker. I hate it! I just want to be myself! If I open my mouth I come off as an asshole. I feel uncomfortable and I end up projecting that onto others by criticizing them. Ugh....

What's funny is when I do get rejected there aren't any bad feelings associated with it. The best way to describe the feeling is "relieved". It's all over! It's all in the anticipation of rejection. It's so suspenseful!

I know I'm not an ENFP but I hope this helps...

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Strange. Really strange. But then, I'm strange anyway.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.