User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    @op - Are you/xnfps absent minded? They seems to be forgetting things all the time, misplacing things, burning places down - literally, etc.

This is probably a Ne thing. Infact all NPs seem to be guilty of being absent minded which could be easily explained through the Ne-function.

Maybe NPs who are Sp doms are not prone to it?

Hmm.. Come to think of it SPs seem to be absent minded/forgetful too. Istps not as much as the rest.

Oddly enough the most clever people i've met are xnfps, though they might not be interested in utilizing their talents to the extreme.
    What you said is really true for me. I'm really absent minded about this kind of mundane things... Except that I never burned anything down... just one little cloth accidentally. Oops. This can seem paradoxal due to the good memory, but it's what happens... But I can say that my ISFP brother is even worse than me! haha

I don't know my e-type and instinctual variant accurately to say, by experience, if it's related or not.

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    I have a selectively good memory. I remember things that are interesting enough to stand out or have personal significance, and to hell with all the rest.

My short-term ability to remember things that I'm trying to remember is excellent. Makes cramming for tests super easy.
    With me is kinda like it too... I remember things that I find personally interesting and/ or related with people I care, but things that aren't like it, I may ignore, because it wouldn't be interesting for me to do it. I forgot to specify the personal thing on the OP...

In short term, it's exactly like you said.

Things that I find unnecessary or don't pay close attention... I'll surely forget.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    @op - Are you/xnfps absent minded? They seems to be forgetting things all the time, misplacing things, burning places down - literally, etc.

This is probably a Ne thing. Infact all NPs seem to be guilty of being absent minded which could be easily explained through the Ne-function.

Maybe NPs who are Sp doms are not prone to it?

Hmm.. Come to think of it SPs seem to be absent minded/forgetful too. Istps not as much as the rest.

Oddly enough the most clever people i've met are xnfps, though they might not be interested in utilizing their talents to the extreme.
    I'm very absent-minded. I don't register a lot of the little things I do; like if I have something in my hand, I'll put it down without fully realising and walk off. Sometimes I may have absolutely no memory of doing so.

I do think most NFPs I've met are a least a little absent-minded. Not all are forgetful but they do tend to have a distracted nature. I think what it comes down to for me is whether my Ne is engaged in the present moment or if it's mentally moving off in tangents, where I end up lost in more interesting thoughts. Of course my mind is always moving off in tangents but if the present subject is interesting enough my mind will circle back and make the connections necessary to form a strong memory.

I don't know if it is related to a lack of Sp, though (I'm Sp second for the record). As for SPs, I must say my ISTP dad is probably just as bad as I am in terms of forgetfulness - but he isn't at all absent-minded. He's usually very focussed on the task at hand and isn't easily distracted or inclined to lose things. The thing is this can look like absent-mindedness, because he can only properly do one task at a time; consequently he'll often mess up or forget about the secondary task.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

REALLY Good at remembering things that may or may not be completely useless.

Awful at memorizing and retaining things short term. "Can you tell so-and-so I called?" Nope, I can't. I will forget the instant I hang up the phone with you. Every. Time. "Just text me and let me know what you're doing in a week." You'll never hear from me. "Your appointment is at 9am." Hold on, I must write this down immediately in 5 different spots to include my hand.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Xena's boyfriend Bardsandwarriors's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFp Fi

I once spent 2 days looking for my favourite mug, and got people on my blog to suggest where it might be. We reckoned it was a wormhole in the time-space continuum, and some alien had suddenly had a gigantic Homer Simpson mug materialise in front of them. I hunted everywhere in my flat for it, several times, and it had literally evaporated.

Then I found it in the microwave, where I had heated up some water in it and completely forgotten. Since then, I always check the microwave first.

But if we are talking about something, and I say that 3 years ago you said "such and such a thing", in precisely a certain tone of voice, with a particular inflection on one of the vowels which recollected specific memories or emotions in your mind, and it meant very specific things had happened or were about to happen in your life, you should believe me.
    Neutral good Fi-ENFp 4w3 sp/so 479 gentle spirit, 50yo male. Travels the land seeking a good sig line.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

My ability to recall specific things is above average, but my frequency in recalling them when I'm supposed to is beyond pathetic

I can bring up memories from back before I was two. I remember being in a crib and thinking that the racecar shirt my mom had put me in smelled like crayons (the ones that smell bad as opposed to the ones that just smell normal).

But remembering to do something someone's just asked me to do ten minutes ago? Or remembering to do something in an hour?

Fuck that, it's not gonna get done

Sometimes I start walking somewhere and forget where I'm going. Or wait in line to buy something and forget what I'm waiting for, then start walking out of the store. I drank a Coke waiting in line while talking to someone because I forgot I was standing in line to pay for it...
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

I love technology. My clinic is now online so I can go check when my appointments are for myself instead of calling there once a week to make sure my appointment isn't that week.

But I can still sing along to my 80's music, I can still quote several SNL's from when I was 5, if I could draw I could recreate the entire floor plan complete with furniture from the house we lived in when I was 4 and I can rattle off all sorts of health-related studies and statistics (natural health is a passion of mine.) My coworkers call me Cliff Clavin. (the postman from Cheers) My head is full of useless trivia.

MBTI
    enfp

If you compliment me I'll remember it forever.

I cannot for the life of me do anything but paraphrase a conversation. Whenever someone needs to know 'exactly' what was said its hopeless.
    If I'm trying to remember something I'll always think of something else and forget.

if its something meaningful I'll remember it forever.

I assume most ENFP's are absent minded but I also assume that all the other ENFP's are also constantly thinking of other things.
    A Fox isn't sly. He just can't think any slower.

MBTI
    enfp

quick reply isn't so quick!
    Last edited by Kitsune413; 11-16-2012 at 03:26 AM. Reason: double post
    A Fox isn't sly. He just can't think any slower.