User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INFP

Laughter, intimacy, respect, support, challenge.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Understanding in general, and an open mind, not closed to opinions. Someone who is deep, and feeling. Most of my friends are rationals, the majority being INTP's..

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

someone with whom i can have "introverted" conversations.
    someone who will never pressure me do do things that i do not feel comfortable doing
    someone who is not obnoxious and who does not make me want to be obnoxious.
    "Why had he never appreciated what a miracle he was, brain and nerve and bounding heart?"

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by DeVie View Post
    Unfortunately, I keep my friends at a distance. Those who do actually make it close are people who listen and are aware of others.
    I do this, too.

And those who make it close to me are not people who have pressured me to let them in. If I feel pressured to let them in, I push them away, those I consider "friends" respect that and keep their distance until, and if, I invite them back into my personal space.

It's hard for me to find people I consider friends. I have high expectations. They need to be kind-hearted, gentle in demeanor, sweet, easy-going, and they get bonus points if they love animals. And they need to be completely accepting of, and okay with, my "sad times," during which I go hide until it passes. My "friends" don't become insecure about my withdrawing and understand that my doing so has nothing to do with them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

A good sense of humor is probably at the top of the list for me. The weirder the better. I love people who can be totally goofy and just come up with the most random, nonsensical things and make them funny. When I'm by myself I tend to drift to the negative, so having people that can help bring me to the lighter side is really important for me.

They have to be good people and they have to be themselves. I can't stand phony people who lie about who they are or purposely change who they are just to fit in. Why would you want to be just like everyone else anyway? What's so special about being a typical person? There are a million drones out there, just be yourself. Again, the weirder the better. (And likewise love me for being myself.)

As an INFP I'll admit, I am drawn to people who need help. Whether it's just an everyday problem or a major emotional breakdown, I want my friends to know that they can come to me for support. (It's also nice to know that they will be there for me if I need them, even though chances are I would never go to them with a problem -- c'mon, I'm an INFP. I have walls up all over the place.)

Finally we've got to have some common interests, just so we have shit to do or talk about when we're together. Some differences in taste are good too sometimes though. That is how you discover new things after all. It's good to have friends who will help you expand your horizons.

MBTI
    INFP

a great sense of humour, respect for the people around him/her, liking to participate in long deep conversations about any random issue yet not gossip, able to have a mind of their own and not let others push them around.

MBTI
    INFP

Someone who likes having me around, yet has feedback in a conversation. It's really annoying to coerce people to keep talking even after a good pause.