User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    infp

My best friends are all people who help me bring the best out of myself. My best friend of the last 8 years (i.e. half of my life) is ENTJ and he always pushed me to go further whenever we do soemthing, and this helps me maintain the attitude never to let myself be still and stagnant and to make things happen.

I also look for people who I can help likewise -people who have some kind of inner strength but need just a little encouragement and perhaps even tough-love to get themselves going.

MBTI
    INFP

I think you pretty much described what I was floundering around

MBTI
    INFP

Oh and yeah... it does seem kind of strange. I want to hang out with the moody depressing people.... but then I don't see why I shouldn't turn up at the party afterwards!... I think by their standards I could be the moody one. Despite this I still believe I'm right in the middle

MBTI
    INFP

IMO, a person's true colors shine through when they are either singled out or placed under stress.

Those who do not resort to rash forms of passive aggression when frustrated with a situation are usually able to earn my loyalties with fair ease.

These people are outstanding to me as honorable, courageous, and inwardly honest (causing them to be naturally outwardly honest as well).

I believe if you have a problem with someone, either confront them about it or learn to live with it. If both these options should fail, don't even bother with them.

I have little to no respect for those who turn instead to crude gossiping, heavy passive aggressive sarcasm, or the cold shoulder technique.

Such cowardice causes nothing but pain and promotes paranoid atmospheres, which NOBODY enjoys.

I basically love down-to-Earth people. It doesn't matter to me what problems you have, as long as you make an effort to remain honest about them.

MBTI
    INFP

What do I look for in friends???

Looking at those I would consider friends (very small list by the way):
    1. I would say that I look for someone who calls, or initiates, or invites me to do things, or go places. I get tired of always being the one to have to call someone to see if they want to do something.
    2. I also want someone who values my input and experience. I am not looking for gratitude or "respect" but rather someone who has an interest in my opinion, even if they don't agree.
    3. Someone who can give it to me straight without being mean or hurtful.
    4. Someone who feels comfortable enough to talk about the deeper stuff, and understands it.

Digital Method: "Yet, INFPs seem to usually have walls up. Thus, how can you confide in someone when the wall is largely preventing you from the act of confiding."
    I don't feel like I have walls up. In fact, I usually scare people away by being way too open for my own good. But I think you do have a point. It isn't like I go right up and start gushing to just anybody, there has to be a reason for me to feel that comfortable with a person.

MBTI
    INFP

The more INFPs may appear to have their "walls up", the more they are paying attention to getting to know you.

We are intense, articulate inner-feelers, so if we decided to show our true selves to the rest of the world at first glance, the response we would get would make us "feel" isolated and misunderstood, even more so than the INTJ or the INTP.

Why? Because most of the world doesn't understand the true essense of inner-emotion, and usually mistake it for the absense of civilized, orderly behavior (especially in western culture).

It is evident that most INFPs have a difficult childhood, and one should note that we actually ARE quite open as children, and usually very confident to begin with. However, we naturally get shut down and misjudged by others, and because we have a Feeling tendency over Thinking, we also naturally take this quite harshly as children.

Being Perceivers and not Judgers, we take longer to come to healthy conclusions, because of a desire to remain open-minded at all times. You can imagine the struggle of a child who has to deal with being isolated, emotional, and yet unable to be easily judgemental, therefor throwing his self-image into chaos.

The INFP tends to be amazingly gifted (just take a look at most of the famous writers of the world, as well as talented musicians such as John Lennon and John Mayer; both of which are INFPs). However...

It takes us a while to understand our place in society, as well as find balance in how much of our inner-feeling we should expose to acquaintences. I suppose this is the great sacrifice in having natural-born talent; we take much longer to catch up to the rest of society on a sociable level.

Bottom line, our inner-feelings make us both powerful and vulnerable, so we must guard this "gift" accordingly. Everything relates to balance, so it would not be fair for gifted people to have it the same as the rest.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

So then what would you say is the main difference between INFP and INFJ. Seems like INFPs always approach a problem on how it makes them feel. However, INFJ seems to put more logic into problem solving.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INFP

An immiture INFP would assess every situation based on how (s)he feels.

So yes, INTJs are naturally more logical than INFPs. However, INFPs have a knack for becoming obsessed with anything they are interested in, and learning every detail about it in a global fashion.

Imagine an INFP obsessed with building upon his weakness - logical reasoning.

A very intelligent, colorful person would be the outcome. In fact, I now view myself as more of an INT/FP, if you can imagine something like that.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Hmm, so what your saying is, INFPs and INFJs have the hawts for INTJs and INTPs. But then again, who doesn't?

My INFP friend seemed very mature before I got to know them better. Then I realized their feelings play a way to important role in their choices. And that's a turn off for me personally, because I'd still prefer a side dish of logic in a significant other, or a friend for that matter. I find that curious, because I feel almost tricked.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INFP

Well, everyone is different. Choice is to blame, never the personality type. An INFX would obviously feel more emotions than an INTX, but it is ultimately their choice whether or not to act on these emotions.

I don't want to turn this into a competition, but an INFX who has adapted a firm use of logic can be just as trustworthy as an INTX, despite their emotions.

On the flip side, Feeling is something very difficult for T's to obtain a higher level of.

Feeling is something more mysterious, as is iNtuition compared to Sensing. The point of Logic is to break a concept down into its simplest terms, and then be able to derive the most reasonable conclusion from it, and act.