User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Courting casual friends, I look for willing participation in discussions of an analytical nature. I cut the odds by requiring a person that will be cautious with my delicate Faberge psyche.

Relationships with deeper grade friends, the persons with whom I'd be inclined to speak on the telephone, require the same as above plus acceptance of my "making life too hard" issue.

Anything past that falls into marital candidacy.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

The most important thing is that they are real. People who are being themselves are never boring. There are very few of them, though...

Hmm.. Makes me wanna start a new topic.

MBTI
    INFP

Realness
    Originality
    Humour
    Low-maintenance
    Capacity to surprise me
    Reasonably self-aware (optional)
    Intelligence (optional - I'll take an original, not-especially-intelligent person over an unoriginal, intelligent person any day)

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Intelligence (optional - I'll take an original, not-especially-intelligent person over an unoriginal, intelligent person any day)
    Me too, I will take a deep and sincere feeling person over an intelligent one any day, it is especial delight when one finds intelligent, deeply feeling, sincere person however. (But then I start feeling afraid of boring really intelligent people and tend to be more quiet around them!)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    The most important thing is that they are real. People who are being themselves are never boring. There are very few of them, though...

Hmm.. Makes me wanna start a new topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Realness
    Originality
    Humour
    Low-maintenance
    Capacity to surprise me
    Reasonably self-aware (optional)
    originality, genuineness, autheticity are crucial to me as well. i open myself up to others and wear my heart on my sleeve and in a sense do what it takes to make them feel comfortable and open up and it's cool when reciprocated it can be a lot of fun, gets rid of most inhibitions.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I don't look for friends, haha.

MBTI
    INFP

Oh, and curiosity is a definite plus. And people who speak as though their opinion is definitive really annoy me (ESTJs especially tend to do this).

MBTI
    INFP

Im not to picky when it comes to "friends". but when it comes to my close friends they are all NF's and i just have a hard time progressing any friendship with any other types of people. i guess i can relate to people with my type as we all have the same sense of humor and outlook on life. atleast with the ones i know.

MBTI
    INFP

I think I make friends for entirely selfish reasons although I could be being a little negative about myself.

I like people with problems because I like talking with them about it and it makes me feel like I have some kind of use.

I Also like people who are happy within themselves because they distract me from my own problems. I think this is selfish because they would fall into the category of 'entertainment' for me... if I wanted a category, which I don't.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Other Moses View Post
    I think I make friends for entirely selfish reasons although I could be being a little negative about myself.

I like people with problems because I like talking with them about it and it makes me feel like I have some kind of use.

I Also like people who are happy within themselves because they distract me from my own problems. I think this is selfish because they would fall into the category of 'entertainment' for me... if I wanted a category, which I don't.
    So you want friends with problems but people who still are happy.. hmm, that might be hard.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein