User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    (EN tends to communicate far better -- or at least say a lot. Their flaw is in usually giving too much information that is too abstract and can't be pinned down to practical issues.)

I have no issue with the ISFP read, it's a good fit. I can't tell you whether it is "right" but it's consistent.
    Good observations Jen, but I beg to differ.

I find that Ts communicate better (ISTPs/ENTPs/ENTJs) overall than the extroverted or introverted feeler types ISFPs/ENFPs for example.

Although ESFJs/ISFJs are excellent in communication skills and get their idea across very accurately, whereas I find ENFPs always searching for words and unable to say what they want to say, similar to ISFPs who keep eerily silent at times.

I think though the main difference between ENFP/ ISFP is that ISFPs are more in touch with the physical world: they love sports, are tidy, have a good eye for detail and notice whether something is dirty or not; whereas ENFPs tend to be messy, are not good with details, and are creatures of habit who prefer predictability whereas ISFPs like adventure and doing new things.

ISFPs are also better artists and creative writers (imo) while ENFPs are good at journalism and researching factual data.

Arrow have to disagree a bit

Algora,

I am not sure what your type is but I have to disagree with a bit of what you said.

I am an ENFP and to be honest, I can communicate EXTREMELY well. ENFP's are known to be the BEST persuaders as well. I know an ISTP and he does not have the same type of innate skills that I have and that other ENFP's I know have. I do NOT search for words. I have a very good comman of the language and a good vocabulary.And, ENFP's LOVE UNPREDICTABILITY!!!

The ISFP's I know are NOT very tidy. They are P's...

Quote Originally Posted by Algora J View Post
    Good observations Jen, but I beg to differ.

I find that Ts communicate better (ISTPs/ENTPs/ENTJs) overall than the extroverted or introverted feeler types ISFPs/ENFPs for example.

Although ESFJs/ISFJs are excellent in communication skills and get their idea across very accurately, whereas I find ENFPs always searching for words and unable to say what they want to say, similar to ISFPs who keep eerily silent at times.

I think though the main difference between ENFP/ ISFP is that ISFPs are more in touch with the physical world: they love sports, are tidy, have a good eye for detail and notice whether something is dirty or not; whereas ENFPs tend to be messy, are not good with details, and are creatures of habit who prefer predictability whereas ISFPs like adventure and doing new things.

ISFPs are also better artists and creative writers (imo) while ENFPs are good at journalism and researching factual data.
    Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, oil your brain, before it starts to rust...

MBTI
    FiSi

All ISFPs I know are (very) messy.

All ENFPs I know are practically perfect communicators. I thought that everyone knew that ENFPs love everything novel and new and unpredictable...

MBTI
    EXXP

Algora, after reading your description of how an ENFP behaves/reacts on this thread and other thread....I would like to know where/how you go to such conclusions.

None of it jives with me or what I have read of ENFP's.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BookLady View Post
    Algora,

I am not sure what your type is but I have to disagree with a bit of what you said.

I am an ENFP and to be honest, I can communicate EXTREMELY well. ENFP's are known to be the BEST persuaders as well. I know an ISTP and he does not have the same type of innate skills that I have and that other ENFP's I know have. I do NOT search for words. I have a very good comman of the language and a good vocabulary.And, ENFP's LOVE UNPREDICTABILITY!!!

The ISFP's I know are NOT very tidy. They are P's...
    Fair enough. BookLady, if you are a great communicator and have good persuation skills, have you considered that you might be an ENFJ instead?

Quote Originally Posted by SillyGoose View Post
    Algora, after reading your description of how an ENFP behaves/reacts on this thread and other thread....I would like to know where/how you go to such conclusions.

None of it jives with me or what I have read of ENFP's.
    I got my information from 6 ENFPs

4 Male (age range- 28-40)
    3 Female- (age range- 27-39)
    (1 online ENFP who likes to disguise herself as an ENTP)

MBTI
    FiSi

Fair enough. BookLady, if you are a great communicator and have good persuation skills, have you considered that you might be an ENFJ instead?

Default Me? ENFJ??? how I wish!

What did I say that gave you that thought?? I am very P...trying to become more J. I go 'with the flow' and combined with my extroverted intuition, can change things on a dime or minutes notice. I don't know many J's who can do that.

ENFP's are suppposed to be the best persuaders according to one site; have you heard that ENFJ's are more so?
    Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, oil your brain, before it starts to rust...

MBTI
    FiSi

Generally all the ENFPs I know are great communicators. They communicate the typical P way (slightly randomly and erratically) but they never remain wordless in any situation and have very good contact with people.

I really don't understand where this "creatures of habit and prefer predictability" thing comes from because extraverted iNtuition is naturally looking for everything new and novel. (I know this because I happen to have Ne as my auxiliary function. I doubt my curiosity and strong dislike of routine would be caused by Fi )

ENFPs (and INFPs as well, but in a more silent and stealthy way) are champion types which makes them (very) persuasive. Ne possibilities + Fi values.

ENFJs are more like mentors or supporters. Fe other people + Ni insights and deeper possibilities.

MBTI
    EXXP

Algora, who typed these people as ENFP's? Almost everything if you have typed about ENFP's are not located in any descriptions or research of them.

Portrait of an ENFP

ENFP Profile

"Enthusiastic, idealistic, and creative. Able to do almost anything that interests them. Great people skills. Need to live life in accordance with their inner values. Excited by new ideas, but bored with details. Open-minded and flexible, with a broad range of interests and abilities. "

Even this short description is vastly different from what you have opined in a couple of threads.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips