User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default How to imply about intuitiveness in web dating?

Let's say I want to write a web dating profile to attract intuitive people who don't know they are intuitive (perhaps they have never heard of typology). I can't mention intuitiveness itself as in addition to it being potentially too unclear a term, it might also sound just a bit too nerdy.

How would you imply that you are intuitive and intuitive people (girls) are what you are looking for?
    INTJ, HSP, 1w9 or tritype 154, sx/sp

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Just say you're infallible...the intuitives will know right away that you're Ni-dom...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

It should just be natural shouldn't it?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

The Iron Giant

There isn't anything tangible in real life that can solely be attributed to intuitive types. Even typology tests rely on a long list of questions and use the aggregate choices to produce probabilities for these dichotomies, and those are usually wrong the first time anyway. Even if you knew every responding woman's type, think about how foolish it would be to exclude someone who might be an ideal match just because you imagine her being a sensor makes her somehow wrong for you.

Instead, take a few minutes and figure out what it is that you imagine a woman would have that you want and ask for that.

women never contact men anyway, so forget about attracting them through your text, just avoid being repulsive somehow, and you have a 5% chance that 1 out of 10 of them reply to your messages.

i tend to not act according to my advice, but that's because i have given up on romance and settle for wasting my time and fucking with my emotions until i am so pissed that i only want to wake up from egoic consciousness or kill myself friends/online-acquaintances only.

so i list some of my "subjective-intuitive" interests. including integral theory, entheogens, satsang.

= zero women left.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I notice that intuitives in general are much more circumspect when describing their taste in a partner. At the extremes ESxx types are very "blunt" and in your face about what they want. I'm not sure what to write to attract intuitives in general, however I have noticed NFs tend to express interest in travel more frequently. Oh wait, I've got it! Intuitives tend to be attracted to eclecticism so mentioning an obscure band can give you points (however it is dicey because she must also like the band) also an interest in other cultures/languages. In food tastes put something like enjoying sushi (although because that can be associated with $$ and attract women of all sorts I'd say thai/indian too haha)
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

^ Did you read my profile?

Really though, my ESFP loves sushi too, and I'm pretty sure traveling & college/indie rock are pluses for her too. However, I don't think she waxes poetic about it so much.

I will agree with @Stephen about tangibility... it's all in the "vibe". If you are an N, then you will give off an N vibe. There is nothing specific that needs to be stated.

Unless of course, you want to just state your type . You could also just refer to it as an interest in "Jungian Psychology" and/or personality typology. FYI, I personally never saw one S refer to their type on those dating profiles (I'm sure some do, but I did not see it), but many INxx types did (and I considered these people typed correctly). Just witness the imbalance on these boards (and yes, I know people mistype, blah blah blah).

I wouldn't worry about coming off as nerdy; if you're nerdy, then it's going to come out eventually anyway.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Unless of course, you want to just state your type .
    I agree, I think if you're interested in typology, you should say so, and state your type for those who care to know. I had my type in my ad. It said this:

I'm an ISTJ in the Myers-Briggs personality system, and a six with a seven wing in the enneagram of personality.
    I dated two women who also knew their type (INFJ) but they had little in depth knowledge of it. I was able to explain it to both. It made for fun conversation.

I wouldn't worry about coming off as nerdy; if you're nerdy, then it's going to come out eventually anyway.
    Yeah, exactly this. If she's going to freak on you for this, it wasn't meant to be.

MBTI
    INTJ

Well... I just know that a girl very likely must be a feeler with intuition (NF or ISFP). That's not something I have decided solely based on typology but rather a conclusion based on real-life experiences expressed in terms of typology.

Need intuitiveness comes from the fact that I just couldn't date a girl who would get lost with my sudden jumps in thoughts and grasp to those little irrelevant details. I want ease of communication and the only sensor person I have ever had such with to sufficient extent is an ISFP (tertiary Ni).

I really don't think I could phrase the wish of intuitiveness as wish list for more detailed things. I know, of course, that intuition is something that usually shows up in your text even if you try to hide it and I am sure it can be seen my current profile. Yet it doesn't hurt to ask for ideas just to see if someone has come up with something I haven't so far...

MBTI
    INTJ

Oh, and I don't like the idea of putting my own type in my profile not just because it may look nerdy but also because I don't want to be put in a box. I mean, having read various forum discussions here and elsewhere, I really don't want to call myself on INTJ unless the person I am getting to know actually identifies me as one. Even though I am very sure about my type, I want to stay rid of stereotypes.