• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How to imply about intuitiveness in web dating?

gandalf

MBTI Type
INTJ
Let's say I want to write a web dating profile to attract intuitive people who don't know they are intuitive (perhaps they have never heard of typology). I can't mention intuitiveness itself as in addition to it being potentially too unclear a term, it might also sound just a bit too nerdy.

How would you imply that you are intuitive and intuitive people (girls) are what you are looking for?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just say you're infallible...the intuitives will know right away that you're Ni-dom...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It should just be natural shouldn't it?

T

The Iron Giant

There isn't anything tangible in real life that can solely be attributed to intuitive types. Even typology tests rely on a long list of questions and use the aggregate choices to produce probabilities for these dichotomies, and those are usually wrong the first time anyway. Even if you knew every responding woman's type, think about how foolish it would be to exclude someone who might be an ideal match just because you imagine her being a sensor makes her somehow wrong for you.

Instead, take a few minutes and figure out what it is that you imagine a woman would have that you want and ask for that.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
women never contact men anyway, so forget about attracting them through your text, just avoid being repulsive somehow, and you have a 5% chance that 1 out of 10 of them reply to your messages.

i tend to not act according to my advice, but that's because i have given up on romance and settle for wasting my time and fucking with my emotions until i am so pissed that i only want to wake up from egoic consciousness or kill myself friends/online-acquaintances only.

so i list some of my "subjective-intuitive" interests. including integral theory, entheogens, satsang.

= zero women left.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I notice that intuitives in general are much more circumspect when describing their taste in a partner. At the extremes ESxx types are very "blunt" and in your face about what they want. I'm not sure what to write to attract intuitives in general, however I have noticed NFs tend to express interest in travel more frequently. Oh wait, I've got it! Intuitives tend to be attracted to eclecticism so mentioning an obscure band can give you points (however it is dicey because she must also like the band) also an interest in other cultures/languages. In food tastes put something like enjoying sushi (although because that can be associated with $$ and attract women of all sorts I'd say thai/indian too haha)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Did you read my profile? :D

Really though, my ESFP loves sushi too, and I'm pretty sure traveling & college/indie rock are pluses for her too. However, I don't think she waxes poetic about it so much.

I will agree with [MENTION=15167]Stephen[/MENTION] about tangibility... it's all in the "vibe". If you are an N, then you will give off an N vibe. There is nothing specific that needs to be stated.

Unless of course, you want to just state your type :D. You could also just refer to it as an interest in "Jungian Psychology" and/or personality typology. FYI, I personally never saw one S refer to their type on those dating profiles (I'm sure some do, but I did not see it), but many INxx types did (and I considered these people typed correctly). Just witness the imbalance on these boards (and yes, I know people mistype, blah blah blah).

I wouldn't worry about coming off as nerdy; if you're nerdy, then it's going to come out eventually anyway.

T

The Iron Giant

Unless of course, you want to just state your type :D.

I agree, I think if you're interested in typology, you should say so, and state your type for those who care to know. I had my type in my ad. It said this:

I'm an ISTJ in the Myers-Briggs personality system, and a six with a seven wing in the enneagram of personality.

I dated two women who also knew their type (INFJ) but they had little in depth knowledge of it. I was able to explain it to both. It made for fun conversation.

I wouldn't worry about coming off as nerdy; if you're nerdy, then it's going to come out eventually anyway.

Yeah, exactly this. If she's going to freak on you for this, it wasn't meant to be.

gandalf

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well... I just know that a girl very likely must be a feeler with intuition (NF or ISFP). That's not something I have decided solely based on typology but rather a conclusion based on real-life experiences expressed in terms of typology.

Need intuitiveness comes from the fact that I just couldn't date a girl who would get lost with my sudden jumps in thoughts and grasp to those little irrelevant details. I want ease of communication and the only sensor person I have ever had such with to sufficient extent is an ISFP (tertiary Ni).

I really don't think I could phrase the wish of intuitiveness as wish list for more detailed things. I know, of course, that intuition is something that usually shows up in your text even if you try to hide it and I am sure it can be seen my current profile. Yet it doesn't hurt to ask for ideas just to see if someone has come up with something I haven't so far...

gandalf

MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh, and I don't like the idea of putting my own type in my profile not just because it may look nerdy but also because I don't want to be put in a box. I mean, having read various forum discussions here and elsewhere, I really don't want to call myself on INTJ unless the person I am getting to know actually identifies me as one. Even though I am very sure about my type, I want to stay rid of stereotypes.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you lose your keys on a daily bases? Forget where you left your wallet or find yourself driving along the highway wondering why everything looks different only to find you missed your own exit? Have your ever wondered if you put on underwear and had to check to be sure? Did you ever noticed something new about your immidiate surroundings, but it turns out it's been like that for years?

Then boy am I the right person for you! With me, we can do all these things together!

W

WALMART

Do you lose your keys on a daily bases? Forget where you left your wallet or find yourself driving along the highway wondering why everything looks different only to find you missed your own exit? Have your ever wondered if you put on underwear and had to check to be sure? Did you ever noticed something new about your immidiate surroundings, but it turns out it's been like that for years?

Then boy am I the right person for you! With me, we can do all these things together!

I have decided I am likely ISTP, and all of these things frequently happen to me. Am I improperly typed, or is all this some MBTI urban legend pit of thinking?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have decided I am likely ISTP, and all of these things frequently happen to me. Am I improperly typed, or is all this some MBTI urban legend pit of thinking?

Generally, those are sensotard things that intuitives have to deal with. You'll know more if you delve deep into the reasons why these things happen to you. The fact that it does is an indicator of possibly being intuitive, but sensors can have these moments as well for a variety of reasons ofcourse. But whereas intuitives have these moments happen naturally without any apparant reason, a sensor is much more likely to have a good reason for their distractions.

W

WALMART

Generally, those are sensotard things that intuitives have to deal with. You'll know more if you delve deep into the reasons why these things happen to you. The fact that it does is an indicator of possibly being intuitive, but sensors can have these moments as well for a variety of reasons ofcourse. But whereas intuitives have these moments happen naturally without any apparant reason, a sensor is much more likely to have a good reason for their distractions.

I know why, I am always in my head. Set my keys down, I'm in my head. Suddenly I snap back to reality and can't recall the past fifteen minutes, even though I've been cooking pancakes. If I didn't set my keys in the 'usual spot' I may very well be fudged for ten minutes while I search the house.

I had decided it is a Ti dom thing over an intuitive thing, I am currently assessing that situation.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know why, I am always in my head. Set my keys down, I'm in my head. Suddenly I snap back to reality and can't recall the past fifteen minutes, even though I've been cooking pancakes.

Intuitives live quite abstractly in their heads to be honest. Your statement alone does seem ISTP'ish.

I can be in my head without me knowing it, and just suddently have this eureka moment and I'm like, so that was what I was thinking about!

W

WALMART

Intuitives live quite abstractly in their heads to be honest. Your statement alone does seem ISTP'ish.

I can be in my head without me knowing it, and just suddently have this eureka moment and I'm like, so that was what I was thinking about!

Hm, interesting. I think I always know what I am thinking about, it's like a procedural 'pinging' like I've heard some describe Ne as, though rather defined. I've been meaning to study the differences according to legitimate MBTI analysts.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To be fair, it's hard to describe the thinking processes of intuitives and sensors. Because both can essentially do the same, but the difference is in the way each connects the dots. So if you're somewhere in the middle and am not very defined either way, it's hard to pin it down.

The main difference between INTP and ISTP is

INTP: Auxiliary: Extraverted Intuition Tertiary: Introverted Sensing
ISTP: Auxiliary: Extraverted Sensing Tertiary: Introverted Intuition

So learning more about those differences and yourself should eventually lead you to an answer. But as you can see, the differences are not easily definable and will not be obvious superficially.

W

WALMART

[MENTION=6643]Fluffywolf[/MENTION]

Ah, revelations. I knew the differences, but hadn't seen them in such direct relation to each other.

I'll figure it all out, someday.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I will agree with [MENTION=15167]Stephen[/MENTION] about tangibility... it's all in the "vibe". If you are an N, then you will give off an N vibe. There is nothing specific that needs to be stated.

Unless of course, you want to just state your type :D. You could also just refer to it as an interest in "Jungian Psychology" and/or personality typology. FYI, I personally never saw one S refer to their type on those dating profiles (I'm sure some do, but I did not see it), but many INxx types did (and I considered these people typed correctly). Just witness the imbalance on these boards (and yes, I know people mistype, blah blah blah).

Totally agree. I think all of the profiles vibe pretty distinctly, regardless of whether type is mentioned or not (and yeah... I'm guilty of mentioning my type in one or two of my profiles many years ago :smile: - honestly, it could sometimes springboard into interesting convos / could be a way to dive straight into more interesting things (to me). I never worried about the stereotyping; you could always defy the stereotypes once chatting :smile:)

Me neither. :shrug: But, I guess by this point I've completely embraced my nerdiness and the fact that most people on those sites aren't going to be interested in me for various reasons, whether because of my personality or because of my interests... I mean, as you say, it's going to come out eventually. The plus of being more 'you' initially, in your profile, is that you'll weed out a lot of people earlier on, who wouldn't be good matches anyway. Of course the negative is that you probably will NOT get nearly as much interest.