User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 19 of 19

  1. #11
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Do you lose your keys on a daily bases? Forget where you left your wallet or find yourself driving along the highway wondering why everything looks different only to find you missed your own exit? Have your ever wondered if you put on underwear and had to check to be sure? Did you ever noticed something new about your immidiate surroundings, but it turns out it's been like that for years?

    Then boy am I the right person for you! With me, we can do all these things together!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  2. #12
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Do you lose your keys on a daily bases? Forget where you left your wallet or find yourself driving along the highway wondering why everything looks different only to find you missed your own exit? Have your ever wondered if you put on underwear and had to check to be sure? Did you ever noticed something new about your immidiate surroundings, but it turns out it's been like that for years?

    Then boy am I the right person for you! With me, we can do all these things together!

    I have decided I am likely ISTP, and all of these things frequently happen to me. Am I improperly typed, or is all this some MBTI urban legend pit of thinking?

  3. #13
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I have decided I am likely ISTP, and all of these things frequently happen to me. Am I improperly typed, or is all this some MBTI urban legend pit of thinking?
    Generally, those are sensotard things that intuitives have to deal with. You'll know more if you delve deep into the reasons why these things happen to you. The fact that it does is an indicator of possibly being intuitive, but sensors can have these moments as well for a variety of reasons ofcourse. But whereas intuitives have these moments happen naturally without any apparant reason, a sensor is much more likely to have a good reason for their distractions.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  4. #14
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Generally, those are sensotard things that intuitives have to deal with. You'll know more if you delve deep into the reasons why these things happen to you. The fact that it does is an indicator of possibly being intuitive, but sensors can have these moments as well for a variety of reasons ofcourse. But whereas intuitives have these moments happen naturally without any apparant reason, a sensor is much more likely to have a good reason for their distractions.

    I know why, I am always in my head. Set my keys down, I'm in my head. Suddenly I snap back to reality and can't recall the past fifteen minutes, even though I've been cooking pancakes. If I didn't set my keys in the 'usual spot' I may very well be fudged for ten minutes while I search the house.


    I had decided it is a Ti dom thing over an intuitive thing, I am currently assessing that situation.

  5. #15
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I know why, I am always in my head. Set my keys down, I'm in my head. Suddenly I snap back to reality and can't recall the past fifteen minutes, even though I've been cooking pancakes.
    Intuitives live quite abstractly in their heads to be honest. Your statement alone does seem ISTP'ish.

    I can be in my head without me knowing it, and just suddently have this eureka moment and I'm like, so that was what I was thinking about!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  6. #16
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Intuitives live quite abstractly in their heads to be honest. Your statement alone does seem ISTP'ish.

    I can be in my head without me knowing it, and just suddently have this eureka moment and I'm like, so that was what I was thinking about!

    Hm, interesting. I think I always know what I am thinking about, it's like a procedural 'pinging' like I've heard some describe Ne as, though rather defined. I've been meaning to study the differences according to legitimate MBTI analysts.

  7. #17
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    To be fair, it's hard to describe the thinking processes of intuitives and sensors. Because both can essentially do the same, but the difference is in the way each connects the dots. So if you're somewhere in the middle and am not very defined either way, it's hard to pin it down.

    The main difference between INTP and ISTP is

    INTP: Auxiliary: Extraverted Intuition Tertiary: Introverted Sensing
    ISTP: Auxiliary: Extraverted Sensing Tertiary: Introverted Intuition

    So learning more about those differences and yourself should eventually lead you to an answer. But as you can see, the differences are not easily definable and will not be obvious superficially.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  8. #18
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    @Fluffywolf


    Ah, revelations. I knew the differences, but hadn't seen them in such direct relation to each other.


    I'll figure it all out, someday.

  9. #19
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I will agree with @Stephen about tangibility... it's all in the "vibe". If you are an N, then you will give off an N vibe. There is nothing specific that needs to be stated.

    Unless of course, you want to just state your type . You could also just refer to it as an interest in "Jungian Psychology" and/or personality typology. FYI, I personally never saw one S refer to their type on those dating profiles (I'm sure some do, but I did not see it), but many INxx types did (and I considered these people typed correctly). Just witness the imbalance on these boards (and yes, I know people mistype, blah blah blah).
    Totally agree. I think all of the profiles vibe pretty distinctly, regardless of whether type is mentioned or not (and yeah... I'm guilty of mentioning my type in one or two of my profiles many years ago - honestly, it could sometimes springboard into interesting convos / could be a way to dive straight into more interesting things (to me). I never worried about the stereotyping; you could always defy the stereotypes once chatting )

    I wouldn't worry about coming off as nerdy; if you're nerdy, then it's going to come out eventually anyway.
    Me neither. But, I guess by this point I've completely embraced my nerdiness and the fact that most people on those sites aren't going to be interested in me for various reasons, whether because of my personality or because of my interests... I mean, as you say, it's going to come out eventually. The plus of being more 'you' initially, in your profile, is that you'll weed out a lot of people earlier on, who wouldn't be good matches anyway. Of course the negative is that you probably will NOT get nearly as much interest.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Similar Threads

  1. idea on how to put the functions in order -> ego and shadow functions
    By INTP in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2011, 04:21 AM
  2. [ENTP] How to Be an ENTP in Thirty Days (± NTProcrastination)
    By Kenneth Almighty in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-21-2010, 07:05 PM
  3. How to quickly type people in the real world.
    By Kleinheiko in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 04:11 AM
  4. Help--How to Keep from Sleeping in Class!
    By rivercrow in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 01:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO