User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Games we play

Can anyone give a brief overview of the styles?

I 'mindread' a lot, but I wouldn't have considered it a game, so to speak... more like some poor person has to put up with how I naturally think.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by sundowning View Post
    Can anyone give a brief overview of the styles?

I 'mindread' a lot, but I wouldn't have considered it a game, so to speak... more like some poor person has to put up with how I naturally think.
    Ok so here they are broken up by type and the chance of them playing these particular games. Any type can play any of these games. These are just the ones they are more likely to play. Since it's late here I'm going to only give one summary of each variant for each type (I'll just go with the first for each)

Artisans - The Blackmail game (6 forms)

The Delinquency Variant -
    The Binge Variant
    The Con Artist Variant
    The Outrage Variant
    The Shocking Variant
    The Empty Variant

In the Delinquency variant of Blackmail, Artisans may lie, cheat, stealand/or do anything else that is also considered immoral or illegal. Candalism, school truancy, cheating on an exam, arson, and burglary are all forms of this game. If caught in the act, Delinquency players usually deny any wrongdoing, oten blaming someone else for their misbehavior. For example the Delinquency player who has stolen a car and gotten caught may be quick to point out that the theft was the fault of the owner, who left the vehicle unlocked. Even when caught red-handed it is rare for Delinquency player to confess to their misdeeds. The child cuaght with his hands in the cookie jar may vehemently deny that he had been stealing a cookie. If confronted with threats of punishment the Delinquency player's standard response is "I don't care".

Guardians - The Complain game (6 forms)

The Invalid Variant
    The Doormat Variant
    The Worried Variant
    The Poor Me Variant
    The Depressed Variant
    The Nag Variant

In playing the Invalid variant of the Complain game, the Guardian complains of suffering from one or more aches and pains. These aches and pains are real, not imaginary, though Invalid players may at times exagerate in their reports of the degree of discomfort they are experiencing. In the mild form of the Invalid game, players may complain of an occasional headache, sore back, stomach ache, or of being fatigued. In the more seroius and extreme versions of this game, players may become incapaciated from psychosomatic disorders such as severe headaches, ulcers, colitis, heart attacks, strokes or arthritis.

Rationals - The Robot Game (6 forms)

That's Illogical
    Super-Intelletual
    Nitpick
    Superstition
    Blanking Out
    Haunted

In That's Illogical, the Robot player keeps others on the defensive by asking lots of questions about what other think, want, feel, or do and why they think, want, feel or do it. Once others begin to explain or defend themselves, then That's Illogical players accuse them of being illogical. Emotions, values, intuition, or any other such nonrational reasons offered by the other are especially likely to be dismissed as irrelevant, unacceptable, ridiculous, or just plain stupid by the game player. One sees a mild version ofthis game where a teenager points out to her worried parents that their reasons for not letting her take the car are irrational. In a more extrme version, a man might intimidate his wife and children by dismissing their feelings and concerns as illogical and therefore not worthy of discussion.

Idealists - The Masquerade Game (6 forms)

Grasshopper
    Mind Reader
    Martyr
    Statue
    Forgetful
    Twitch

The Grasshopper version of the Masquerade game is played by hopping from one topic to another in a conversation. Grasshopper players mange to keep the conversation away from sensitive issues by leaping away from them and landing on more superficial ones. They avoid talking about what really bothers them what they feel ashamed about by pretending to be bothers by something else. Anytime the subject gets too close to the real problem they quickly bring up another pseudoproblem to replace it thus throwing the other offtrack. For example, a girl who feels badly about a fight she had with her friend Sue might suddenly start to complain about the amount of homework she has when her mother asks, "How is Sue?"
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    Intp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You could just pretend to be an INTP and never finish any of them.
    whistling face at the end makes it funny haha. i love to start books and never finish them. a tip for a intp: anthologies don't work like regular books. they're cool because it's like a fragment gathering done for you all in one book. cuts out your work for you. they're easy to get through

MBTI
    ENFJ

Ok so does anyone here recognize any of the games listed here? If so which and do you find yourself playing games that are not necessarily games that your type generally plays?

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    Ok so here they are broken up by type and the chance of them playing these particular games. Any type can play any of these games. These are just the ones they are more likely to play. Since it's late here I'm going to only give one summary of each variant for each type (I'll just go with the first for each)

Artisans - The Blackmail game (6 forms)

The Delinquency Variant -
    The Binge Variant
    The Con Artist Variant
    The Outrage Variant
    The Shocking Variant
    The Empty Variant

In the Delinquency variant of Blackmail, Artisans may lie, cheat, stealand/or do anything else that is also considered immoral or illegal. Candalism, school truancy, cheating on an exam, arson, and burglary are all forms of this game. If caught in the act, Delinquency players usually deny any wrongdoing, oten blaming someone else for their misbehavior. For example the Delinquency player who has stolen a car and gotten caught may be quick to point out that the theft was the fault of the owner, who left the vehicle unlocked. Even when caught red-handed it is rare for Delinquency player to confess to their misdeeds. The child cuaght with his hands in the cookie jar may vehemently deny that he had been stealing a cookie. If confronted with threats of punishment the Delinquency player's standard response is "I don't care".

Guardians - The Complain game (6 forms)

The Invalid Variant
    The Doormat Variant
    The Worried Variant
    The Poor Me Variant
    The Depressed Variant
    The Nag Variant

In playing the Invalid variant of the Complain game, the Guardian complains of suffering from one or more aches and pains. These aches and pains are real, not imaginary, though Invalid players may at times exagerate in their reports of the degree of discomfort they are experiencing. In the mild form of the Invalid game, players may complain of an occasional headache, sore back, stomach ache, or of being fatigued. In the more seroius and extreme versions of this game, players may become incapaciated from psychosomatic disorders such as severe headaches, ulcers, colitis, heart attacks, strokes or arthritis.

Rationals - The Robot Game (6 forms)

That's Illogical
    Super-Intelletual
    Nitpick
    Superstition
    Blanking Out
    Haunted

In That's Illogical, the Robot player keeps others on the defensive by asking lots of questions about what other think, want, feel, or do and why they think, want, feel or do it. Once others begin to explain or defend themselves, then That's Illogical players accuse them of being illogical. Emotions, values, intuition, or any other such nonrational reasons offered by the other are especially likely to be dismissed as irrelevant, unacceptable, ridiculous, or just plain stupid by the game player. One sees a mild version ofthis game where a teenager points out to her worried parents that their reasons for not letting her take the car are irrational. In a more extrme version, a man might intimidate his wife and children by dismissing their feelings and concerns as illogical and therefore not worthy of discussion.

Idealists - The Masquerade Game (6 forms)

Grasshopper
    Mind Reader
    Martyr
    Statue
    Forgetful
    Twitch

The Grasshopper version of the Masquerade game is played by hopping from one topic to another in a conversation. Grasshopper players mange to keep the conversation away from sensitive issues by leaping away from them and landing on more superficial ones. They avoid talking about what really bothers them what they feel ashamed about by pretending to be bothers by something else. Anytime the subject gets too close to the real problem they quickly bring up another pseudoproblem to replace it thus throwing the other offtrack. For example, a girl who feels badly about a fight she had with her friend Sue might suddenly start to complain about the amount of homework she has when her mother asks, "How is Sue?"
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I have certainly cornered people about emotional reactions. The trouble with feelings is that if they're manifest enough to be a topic of conversation, they have likely motivated certain behaviors. As actions affect people, how can something inappropriate, incorrect or offensive be reasonably justified by the claim "I just felt like it"?

The other three games don't correspond to my behavior. That last one, however, is a favorite of my ENFJ mother: "All right, what's really bothering you, Mom?"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I tend to do "Statue" to an extent when I'm under stress. I just crawl into bed and don't move...I'll sleep way too much and, should the situation get worse, go dead to the world and myself. It's weird, when I'm upset, the first place I go to is my bed or a couch to lie down. It's not even to relax, I just need a pillow and a blanket in order to feel "safe" for a while.