User Tag List

First 123 Last

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Not to hi-jack....but what about an INFP female and ISTP male?
    Particularly if the female tests high on thinking for an INFP and the male seems to have a well-developed Fe?
    Just send him a drunk text message: "do u want 2 huk up"

I can guarantee you will have a good time.

EDIT: That's at least how all my ISTP friends relationships have started.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

One of my good friends is a female INFP, and she just got out of a relationship with an ISTP. From her accounts, it was a very frustrating match because she felt he was emotionally unavailable. She just didn't feel her emotional needs were met. I've read somewhere that relationships are difficult when the two outer letters (in the case above, I and P) are the same, and the two inner letters are different. Who knows though, I'm sure it all depends on the individual. An ISTP with well-develop Fe is pretty impressive, a type's blindspot is usually not developed until late life.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by mwv6r View Post
    Hello, I posted the previous thread on opposites and according to that guy's research (website LoveType), there are gender constraints with most pairings but ISTP+ENFJ is a rare pairing that does not have gender constraints. Male ISTP + female ENFJ or female ISTP + male ENFJ are supposed to both have high rates of success. (See LoveTypes ISTP Love Tips). In contrast, with most other types the success rates are higher when the female is the F and the male is the T (at least according to this research). For example, female INFJ + male ESTP is supposed to work but not vice versa. (This book is pretty old though, I wonder if as gender roles become more progressive, gender will be less of a factor; i.e., men and women will become more comfortable with males who are more nurturing and females who are less nurturing.)
    Thing is, I've seen a statistic somewhere else on this site that something like 33% of intra-STP relationships work well, and this guy is advocating ESTPs and other ISTPs as good matches for ISTP. That's not totally encouraging, but MBTI is kinda silly in any case.

However, his suggestions on how to "win the heart" of the types - although stereotyped, are basically sound.

ENFJs are usually interesting people, but in the long term we clash. The ones I've known I regarded as interesting, organized, and serious. They seem to like me because I do things they wouldn't. And then I break some rule, and they don't like me all of a sudden or become indifferent (or at least act that way). Of course, this is just my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Not to hi-jack....but what about an INFP female and ISTP male?
    Particularly if the female tests high on thinking for an INFP and the male seems to have a well-developed Fe?
    Sure, go for it. MBTI won't tell you. He will. Just tell him you want to 'hang out.' No need to be shy about it. Not like INFPs are ever shy or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    Just send him a drunk text message: "do u want 2 huk up"

I can guarantee you will have a good time.

EDIT: That's at least how all my ISTP friends relationships have started.
    Basically true.

Every single one of my "relationships" (I guess we can use that word) have consisted of girls I have mild association with just coming up to me and letting me know (or, in a couple cases, letting me know through a friend) that they are 'interested' or that I should 'hang out sometime.'

The drunk ones are annoying actually. Don't proposition drunk - I would (and have) push you away.

I actually want a girlfriend, mostly because I've never had one. Like, take her out to dinner (done that...twice?), having the title "boyfriend", uh...whatever else comes along with having a girlfriend. Yeah, I'm clueless.

I don't know if I ACTUALLY want a girlfriend. I just think it would be nice to know what everyone is raving/ranting about.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Sure, go for it. MBTI won't tell you. He will. Just tell him you want to 'hang out.' No need to be shy about it. Not like INFPs are ever shy or anything...

Every single one of my "relationships" (I guess we can use that word) have consisted of girls I have mild association with just coming up to me and letting me know (or, in a couple cases, letting me know through a friend) that they are 'interested' or that I should 'hang out sometime.'

The drunk ones are annoying actually. Don't proposition drunk - I would (and have) push you away.
    haha....well, yes, I am painfully shy. I have been more forward with him than I usually am with guys (but I am becoming a more balanced person too as I age). I told him I'd like to hang out more, but his strong need of tons of space/independence means I don't hear from him often. Between that and the S & N communication obstacle, I wonder if it's even a good idea. But sometimes you cannot help who you find attractive...

I am NOT the kind to get drunk either, much less "proposition" things through text....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    istp

Default ISTP + ENFJ - Match Made In Heaven!

I am a male ISTP and my girlfriend is an ENFJ. We have been dating for over a year and 6 months and things are going great!!! We truly are complete opposites and of course fight now and then, but we respect each other and always get through things. We always learn something from each other and are always pushing each other to be better people in all different aspects.

Honestly, it's really hard sometimes but the biggest thing that we've both learned is that communication is the only thing that will keep you together - which can be especially hard for me sometimes.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

This thread makes me miss my ISTP bff. Makes me hate him a lot too for screwing up his life.

People.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

I'm confused why people would want to get into a relationship with a type so different from them. Relationships are difficult enough. If an ISTP has to work that hard to please/understand an ENFJ, that ISTP is not likely to stick around long (or if they do, they'll probably check out completely). An ENFJ not getting his/her needs met constantly nags and tries to force the situation by criticism, and that will NOT work with an ISTP. Additionally, ENFJ's can see sex as a problem if not "emotional" enough, and an ISTP's sex is almost purely physical.

A horrible match, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jarecare85 View Post
    I am a male ISTP and my girlfriend is an ENFJ. We have been dating for over a year and 6 months and things are going great!!! We truly are complete opposites and of course fight now and then, but we respect each other and always get through things. We always learn something from each other and are always pushing each other to be better people in all different aspects.

Honestly, it's really hard sometimes but the biggest thing that we've both learned is that communication is the only thing that will keep you together - which can be especially hard for me sometimes.
    I just read this post after MY post. WOW. I'm impressed. I bet the girl has to be ENFJ for this to work, though... I still think the pairing is usually pretty problematic.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

Wouldnt this be similar to a ENFP / ISTJ relationship?

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    I'm confused why people would want to get into a relationship with a type so different from them. Relationships are difficult enough. If an ISTP has to work that hard to please/understand an ENFJ, that ISTP is not likely to stick around long (or if they do, they'll probably check out completely). An ENFJ not getting his/her needs met constantly nags and tries to force the situation by criticism, and that will NOT work with an ISTP. Additionally, ENFJ's can see sex as a problem if not "emotional" enough, and an ISTP's sex is almost purely physical.

A horrible match, imo.

It's not so much the difference when you're practically the same, only in reverse. I never felt like I was working to understand my ex. That was the beauty of it really.

When an ISTP is "engaged" with you, I've found them way more open and emotional than INTPs (who seem to hold back from me like I'm going to eat them).

But when bad, I think shadow pairings can possibly be the absolute worst thing ever. I don't recommend them - simply because most people want to be selfish and jerk each other around rather than be respectful and honest.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious