First 1234 Last

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Whenever I'm under stress I feel more like crawling into a cave and not talking to anyone, yet the emotions I'm experiencing fester inside me. I just want to be left alone and given my own space. Like what Cascadeco said about her INFJ friend, I tend to get more scatterbrained and lose track of things. Typically INFJs don't show emotional outbursts in the workplace, it's reserved at home or someplace in private where nobody else sees it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I probably should have answered for myself, too. It's just that my INFJ friend is much more prone to getting stressed out because she leads a busier life and takes on a lot more than I.

But whenever I'm stressed, I too just withdraw and have a lot less desire to interact with anyone, period. I just want to go home and lie on the couch. I'm more closed-off from coworkers, and if probed by coworkers I'd just be more generally negative and irritable than usual; not directed at others in a jabbing way, though. So I don't yell at people, I don't have any desire to make other people look bad/ anything described in the OP. I really just want to keep to myself.

It's why I wasn't sure if enneagram wasn't more impactful with the behaviors described in the OP. Otherwise, the usual disclaimer I throw out there that mbti isn't going to begin to describe everything, behaviorally especially.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Going by the OP alone, she honestly sounds like an INFP in the grip of inferior Te. But you say she's Ni-dom, so I dunno.

I also withdraw and start "dropping balls" when under extreme stress. While I may become more irritable, that would be expressed as just less "outgoing" than usual to acquaintances/coworkers. Again, a general withdrawal. I would not be emotional or have mean outbursts at work. The only people who might see something like this would be those who are in my inner circle. Even then, no emotional cruelty.

Now, if this person is unleashing emotionally at work, is it possible that there is a personal relationship happening with a coworker that is going awry? That's the only way I could see myself becoming that unhinged at work, is if there was a significant personal component. Even still, that's a stretch. I loathe becoming emotional in front of people.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I do realize people are more than just their MBTI types. I just remembered that certain types have certain habits when stressed out.

I wonder if INFJ's and INTJ's have different way to react when they feel personally hurt or personally not considered as they would like to be considered? This all at work setting too. So, if INFJ / INTJ would feel personally hurt at work because they don't feel they are considered, would that cause a emotional burst against people about issues?

How about if INFJ/INTJ had personal problems? Would that "shine through" at work. Would emotional problems at home be seen in work life as lack of concentration and having emotional bursts that one wouldn't usually have?

Because how this INXJ is behaving is not her normal behavior. I've known her for several years now.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    How about if INFJ/INTJ had personal problems? Would that "shine through" at work. Would emotional problems at home be seen in work life as lack of concentration and having emotional bursts that one wouldn't usually have?
    Lack of concentration / quality of work declining, yes. Emotional outbursts, again, I don't do it and my friend doesn't. I brought up my friend precisely because of the emotional stress in her personal life whilst going to work - she was under immense stress (divorce, while simultaneously learning her sister had cancer, then caring for her sister while she went through chemo), and what I described in my first post is how she was - she'd go into the bathroom to cry.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    yupp

INTJs haven't responded, but some of this is the same behavior i have observed in so called INTJs under stress. I say so called, cuz i'm terrible typists and i don't trust people to be the correct type. I'm not even sure if I'm correct.but also its seems to be the younger more immature INTJs who do this.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    INTJs haven't responded, but some of this is the same behavior i have observed in so called INTJs under stress. I say so called, cuz i'm terrible typists and i don't trust people to be the correct type. I'm not even sure if I'm correct.but also its seems to be the younger more immature INTJs who do this.
    My first thought was that she is INTJ because the emotional outburst is something not typical for her.

Her enneagram type would be quite likely type 1 because their stress reaction is Becpming moody and irrational which she seems to be currently even if her logic of thins seems to be ok. But the strenght and the emotional response is out of place compared to her previous behavior and compared to the state of things ( things aren't THAT serious at work) so I started to suspect personal problems.

I am usually right about somebody's behavioral change but usually wrong about why.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Lack of concentration / quality of work declining, yes. Emotional outbursts, again, I don't do it and my friend doesn't. I brought up my friend precisely because of the emotional stress in her personal life whilst going to work - she was under immense stress (divorce, while simultaneously learning her sister had cancer, then caring for her sister while she went through chemo), and what I described in my first post is how she was - she'd go into the bathroom to cry.
    I agree with this. I am, actually, under tremendous amounts of stress at the moment, and I deal much the way you have described. Sometimes things slip, and sometimes I need to go hide in the bathroom and cry. I will do everything in my power to avoid an emotional display, especially at work.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    My first thought was that she is INTJ because the emotional outburst is something not typical for her.

Her enneagram type would be quite likely type 1 because their stress reaction is Becpming moody and irrational which she seems to be currently even if her logic of thins seems to be ok. But the strenght and the emotional response is out of place compared to her previous behavior and compared to the state of things ( things aren't THAT serious at work) so I started to suspect personal problems.

I am usually right about somebody's behavioral change but usually wrong about why.
    Yeah my gut says INTJ, but my gut is not the pope, so take it with a brick of salt.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so