User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Suicide okey dokey ??

Wuzzup crazies! I got a question for this community. What are your opinions on the right for someone to commit suicide?

I've talked to a lot of people who are either very for, or very against this. I'm thinking the distinction may be centered around orientation of feeling function. It seems that Fe thinks the act is selfish, and immoral. Fi seems to reason that it's ultimatley the individuals choice, and should be respected. At least, that's what I'm seeing it as, but may be off here.

I think it's entirely up to the individual. Some people tell me it's selfish because your loved ones will be in so much pain, but I find this a pathetic cop-out. In my mind, it's the exact reverse. I think it's selfish to not respect the right of an individual to check out if they don't think the price of admission is worth the ride. It's a basic, universal right in my mind.

Thinkers try to reason that it's "invalid"...as if you can validate or invalidate something like suicide!! WTF??

It's super duper personal. We have no clue what someone is experiencing internally. People aren't given the choice to enter this world, but they have the choice to end it if they are suffering so badly. Some people don't find help anywhere. No meds, social support...nothing works. I say it should be deeply respected.

Does this make any sense?

What is your stance? I'm wondering if my assumption that it's an Fi/Fe issue is correct or not.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I don't judge people who have .. I just think its stupid.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP

Okay, why do you think it's stupid? I just don't get it. I knew someone who commited suicide, and I never thought to think "this is stupid"...don't really understand how it could be like that. Maybe you're sheltered...I dunno.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I don't judge people who have .. I just think its stupid.
    If I had to live one turn of the earth with such a perspective, I'd do something stupid.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Suicide is for losers who have chosen to accept failure!

MBTI
    yupp

I have a feeling i'm going to hate this thread.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

We've had this thread already. I don't see the point of judgement. It's clearly not good, but people who do it are sick, it being a bad action doesn't matter to them, especially after they are dead. Probably the most appropriate thought for a suicide is, "I wish we could've helped them more."

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    If I had to live one turn of the earth with such a perspective, I'd do something stupid.
    agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Suicide is for losers who have chosen to accept failure!
    Interesting. I don't see any winners in life. We all fail eventually!

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by unityemissions View Post
    Wuzzup crazies! I got a question for this community. What are your opinions on the right for someone to commit suicide?

I've talked to a lot of people who are either very for, or very against this. I'm thinking the distinction may be centered around orientation of feeling function. It seems that Fe thinks the act is selfish, and immoral. Fi seems to reason that it's ultimatley the individuals choice, and should be respected. At least, that's what I'm seeing it as, but may be off here.

I think it's entirely up to the individual. Some people tell me it's selfish because your loved ones will be in so much pain, but I find this a pathetic cop-out. In my mind, it's the exact reverse. I think it's selfish to not respect the right of an individual to check out if they don't think the price of admission is worth the ride. It's a basic, universal right in my mind.

Thinkers try to reason that it's "invalid"...as if you can validate or invalidate something like suicide!! WTF??

It's super duper personal. We have no clue what someone is experiencing internally. People aren't given the choice to enter this world, but they have the choice to end it if they are suffering so badly. Some people don't find help anywhere. No meds, social support...nothing works. I say it should be deeply respected.

Does this make any sense?

What is your stance? I'm wondering if my assumption that it's an Fi/Fe issue is correct or not.
    Here, let me help you.

Nothing is ever an all or nothing something/something issue unless the subject is delicious and the something 1 is white and the something 2 is black and omg the answer just HAS to be oreos.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    We've had this thread already. I don't see the point of judgement. It's clearly not good, but people who do it are sick, it being a bad action doesn't matter to them, especially after they are dead. Probably the most appropriate thought for a suicide is, "I wish we could've helped them more."
    Erm, I count no less than 3 judgments in this post. Bizarre.