User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I'm sure you do stupid things regardless of what perspective you have. It's in human nature.
    You failed to understand me.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I don't have an opinion on the issue.
    Could have fooled me.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    You failed to understand me.

Could have fooled me.
    I suppose I did. It's hard to form an opinion of something you do not understand. I dislike it, I know instinctively it goes against every bone in my body. But those strong instincts don't really allow me to logically consider the issue at all. So I simply don't formulate opinions of suicidal people good or bad.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    STP

Suicide is stupid unless you are in so much physical pain you cant handle it and you are going insane..being insane would cause you to commit suicide. And that point its insanity, not stupidity.

Other then that its stupid and a cop-out. Might as well die trying then just die. I wont get into the selfish argument as thats a retarded arrgument. Of course its selfish on both parts...thats called wants and someone doing something you dont want. Its more a matter of strength then good or bad. And not even if a person is strong or weak. But if a person is strong enough as its based on situation and while they maybe to weak for the situation they may be an extremely strong person so to say they are weak is not right either.

In my "general" opinion suicide is bad...because it means that a person was not strong eenough to live. I dont see how that is good...to have a person be in a situation they cant handle and commit suicide. I know people can argue they are done suffering...but they are just done period. Cant even experience any good at that point either.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

now that I think about it....

Fi says suicide is sad. Ti says suicide is bad. I dont really judge the person as good or bad, I would hold that judgement more toward someone who kills other people.

and Ti thinks about it and feelers feel it. Has nothing to do with judgement of the person. We are talking about suicide in my eyes, and judgement of person I dont even think about.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    *cannot comprehend what time has to do with wisdom or counters*
    This sounds like a conversation from a Marx Brothers movie with shortnsweet and Groucho and you as Chico.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by unityemissions View Post
    yet you responded.

:P

unless you're trying to say I wasn't being open minded. If so, go fuck yourself, troll.
    I have a feeling we would be great chums eye arr ell.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I think it's sad that someone would be in a position where that looked like a good choice, but it's not a foreign sentiment to me.

I think terminally ill people should have the legal right to end their own lives if they want to.

I'd feel betrayed if someone I cared about made that decision without first offering me the opportunity to help them or get them help and I wouldn't be above contacting the authorities to have them put in 72 hour observation if they didn't have what I considered a crazy good reason for wanting to off themselves. Because I'm selfish.

I'd be afraid to try it myself, because I might mess up and end up spending the rest of my life on life support or something.
    Im not the best at helping someone who has thought about suicidal thoughts. Someone once said that in the past they had thought about running there car under an 18 wheeler and my response was "holy crap, that would suck if you didnt die from it"

edit: and I meant that in the sense of the hospital and the pain and everything that is involved in living through a crash like that which is where the conversation lead. Not that I wish they would have died.
    Im out, its been fun

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by unityemissions View Post
    @The Great OneI also think the first situation may be reason enough for some who are so unstable/insane that they truly won't get through the breakup. Say an uber dork that never gets laid, until he does, but she leaves him and he's left with this lingering notion that he'll never get laid and be loved again. It's too much to bare, so he does the deed.
    Which is being too lazy to change himself for the better and become more attractive so he gets laid more often. I'm inclined to agree with @RaptorWizard on this one. Seriously. You'd rather die than learn some social skills?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Im not the best at helping someone who has thought about suicidal thoughts. Someone once said that in the past they had thought about running there car under an 18 wheeler and my response was "holy crap, that would suck if you didnt die from it"

edit: and I meant that in the sense of the hospital and the pain and everything that is involved in living through a crash like that which is where the conversation lead. Not that I wish they would have died.
    Yeah, the thought of being stuck living in a ruined body is enough to terrify me out of the idea. I hate pain. I hate being bored. I hate having to wait around on other people to do stuff for me. Awful.

Plus, my husband is a truck driver and I can't imagine what it would do to him if someone decided to use him as a suicide weapon. That's a part of suicide that I do think of as selfish -- somebody is probably going to have to clean your carcass up one way or another. I know it happens to us all in the end, regardless, but choosing for someone to have to find you with your brains spattered all over the wall or pry your corpse out from under a truck is kind of a dick move, IMO.

A guy we knew from college became a police chaplain and we heard several years ago that he had died trying to save a guy that jumped off a bridge into a river. The suicide lived, but the guy we knew drowned. We didn't know him well, but he always seemed very kind and nice and he had a wife and four kids, I think. It's just sad all the way around. I hope some kind of good came from that because just thinking about it really bums me out.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Qlip and Kyuuei come the closest to expressing my thoughts/feeling and perspective on it. I'm not sure what you mean by it being "okay" or "not okay"... selfish or selfless, would depend on many factors and varying circumstances, obviously. Probably best to not hold an absolute on it, which is what it seems like your wanting people to do and why they are struggling to reply to your satisfaction. From my perspective, I find so much meaning and value in life, and I see it as every-changing to the point that suicide seems like a very final decision to (often times) temporary problems. I see the state of ones being very much in their own control.. for no matter what external restrictions are placed one can always shift their own vantage point and decide how they will let it translate internally. I think suicide is often the result of one not understanding (be it intellectually, emotionally, spiritually) their own power, and I find it not only sad, but inaccurate. Attachment and detachment can both be considered selfish depending the spin.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts