User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    (turns around to go counterclockwise and bumps into Saturned) You didn't follow the rules!
    *cannot comprehend what time has to do with wisdom or counters*

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I agree with you, I sensed no Fi. If I had to guess, you're initial response to me was Ti, and there's a lot of Fe from where you're coming from. I'd go with INTP or ENTP for you.
    Thank you for the analysis. I'm thinking the same now. xNTP for sure.

I don't think you begin to understand where I'm coming from. When I say good and bad, there is a certain perspective involved, in this case it's from the individual comitting suicide.. it is anything but black and white. There is also good and bad from a societal point of view, and good and bad for the environment.
    Finally, you're actually speaking on a level I can comprehend! Naw, I get you. I just shy away from that kind of terminology. Think: God. I just don't do terms like this. I agree that there is an individual, environmental, and social level which must be assessed. I also think it would be best to specifically say why you are for or against something in detail when dealing with a complex situation like this..not just a "good" or "bad", but that's just me.

But, from within the framework where only an individual can choose to continue living, only the individual perception really matters to me. From the individual's point of view, the very deepest impulse to live has been dampened. An act of suicide is the ultimate act of helplessness. This is why situation matters so much, because the person is subject to the situation out of their control.
    See, I don't see it like that. In my view, the individual IS taking control of their life situation. Perhaps some fear death and are helpless as you describe, but in other instances I see it like an act of courage. You can't control your surroundings (entirely), but you can control yourself. You can choose to be done with this world. So be it.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    *cannot comprehend what time has to do with wisdom or counters*

damned, how old are you? is this place meant for teens or something?

I do think it is kind of a selfish thing to do.

But then again, the people who do it are often not thinking clearly at the time due to depression or other issues. It is sad that anyone gets to the point in their life when they feel or think that is really the best option...

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by unityemissions View Post
    damned, how old are you? is this place meant for teens or something?
    I dwell where time cannot tell an answer to a question not asked.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by unityemissions View Post
    Thank you for the analysis. I'm thinking the same now. xNTP for sure.

Finally, you're actually speaking on a level I can comprehend! Naw, I get you. I just shy away from that kind of terminology. Think: God. I just don't do terms like this. I agree that there is an individual, environmental, and social level which must be assessed. I also think it would be best to specifically say why you are for or against something in detail when dealing with a complex situation like this..not just a "good" or "bad", but that's just me.

See, I don't see it like that. In my view, the individual IS taking control of their life situation. Perhaps some fear death and are helpless as you describe, but in other instances I see it like an act of courage. You can't control your surroundings (entirely), but you can control yourself. You can choose to be done with this world. So be it.
    That's a different way of thinking about it, I agree it's an act of asserting power. But it's also helplessness in the way the person only sees one option instead of staying alive to persue others. Anyway, I'm glad I could help you with the typology.. and maybe show that it's possible for someone to actually be offering something of value even if it isn't communicated in the form you're used to.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I dwell where time cannot tell an answer to a question not asked.
    yet you responded.

:P

unless you're trying to say I wasn't being open minded. If so, go fuck yourself, troll.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I think it's sad that someone would be in a position where that looked like a good choice, but it's not a foreign sentiment to me.

I think terminally ill people should have the legal right to end their own lives if they want to.

I'd feel betrayed if someone I cared about made that decision without first offering me the opportunity to help them or get them help and I wouldn't be above contacting the authorities to have them put in 72 hour observation if they didn't have what I considered a crazy good reason for wanting to off themselves. Because I'm selfish.

I'd be afraid to try it myself, because I might mess up and end up spending the rest of my life on life support or something.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i think it's up to the individual, i mostly just don't see the point of deciding whether or not it was right or justified or putting limits on what "acceptable" suicide is. there's no real measure of suffering, it's not for us to say what someone should be able to live with or not.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    If I had to live one turn of the earth with such a perspective, I'd do something stupid.
    I'm sure you do stupid things regardless of what perspective you have. It's in human nature.

To elaborate, since I'm at a proper computer now, I don't have an opinion on the issue. It is beyond my understanding. I'm not a suicide counselor because I would not know how to help anyone in that situation. I tend to just accept that it is something I know nothing about and shove it off to the people who do. Should I encounter someone needing assistance, I would simply request assistance because I would be of none barring physically restraining them.

I find the concept of suicide a stupid thing that I don't mess with in any way, shape, or form. I don't think less of the people who have attempted it, I wish them the best and I hope they choose not to do so or that they end up living and getting help in some way, shape or form. Just like I hope someone with an illness gets well. I don't think anything of a person with an illness good or bad, simply that they recover from that illness. But I still disdain the illness itself, and the concept of it.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge