• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What have you discovered about yourself recently?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I also found out I'm obsessed with Madonna.

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
-The more I talk with people close to me, the more I realize they need to hear my thoughts to understand me.
-When I am turned off by my first impression of someone, I save myself from a lot of unnecessary drama in the future.
-In order to quit a bad habit, I have to walk away from it and never look back. Cold turkey is the only way that works for me.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Aditionally:

- I'm overly attached to my my own flaws, to the point where I can't see myself being "me" without them.
- I sometimes envy or resent people who are PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT well-rounded and integrated (despite the above statement).
- I get angry and frustrated a little too easily when receiving criticism.
- I'm more suspicious of people than I might've thought.
- I unconsciously seek invisibility, even though I want approval.

:/

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love singing.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
- I come across as being much more insular than I had thought. I am warm and receptive, but some people find me distant, and it can make them feel like I have forgotten them. I don't forget people. I tend to feel it difficult to reach out to others, one hand I want to be with them, but on the other hand I don't want to push and impose myself on people. I'm a lot more introverted than I think I am, even with Fe receptiveness.

- Also discovered that I am a J in spades.

- It's best for me to seek truth from the source rather than speculation, otherwise I'll go into a maddening Ni-Ti loop.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a habit of fishing for compliments when I feel that I've done a good job. SHOWER ME WITH ALL YOUR COMPLIMENTS

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh gosh, so many things, all the time.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't take criticism well.

I'm needy as fuck, but fail to communicate that.

I'm wishy-washy.

More to follow.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't want to connect right now. I'm not really in a place for that and I don't want to fight myself.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I know nothing. Wait...you said recent? I loathe myself....wait no, that's not recent either.

Erm....I discovered that.....I.....am not very good at self discovery, mainly because there is little there to be discovered.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The more I come out of my dysthymic haze, the quicker my Te hammer summons, the less I am capable of perpetuating any scams, shams, or schemes or endure anything produced by Ricky Gervais.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I do not own a jacket in between a light zip-up hoodie and a well-insulated parka.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was born to lead and I'm as courageous as a honey-badger.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good thread.

I've discovered that I am very much capable of forging a life for myself. That I have a future with a long and gruelling road ahead of me. I'm excited for the challenges to come. So thats a start.

This realisation is coming to fruition after I took a lot of time to figure out how deeply my bad habits run, and how pathetically I can behave, most of all in how I see and interact with the world.

Good intentions aren't enough. Ideologies mean little if they can't be brought to life through action.
My flawed idealistic nature, that needs balance is what I discovered. I have people to thank for that, even here in typoC.

R

Riva

Being male - in a culture that I live in - gives me license to tease.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This will be my 4,000th post! Yeah!

On a more personal note, when taking personality tests, I've always agreed with questions about being very future oriented. When I take a closer look at it, I answer yes because I'm concerned about the future going well for me. By knowing that the future is taken care of, I feel more free to truly enjoy the present. Really, when it comes down to it, I just like to enjoy the present moment without having to think much about the future but it's hard for me to enjoy the present moment if my present actions are going to have disastrous consequences for the future.

So what personality implication does this have? Perhaps I'm more S than I thought I was. I could see SJs having this mindset. I don't think I'm an SP as they would be more likely to have a future be damned attitude or an "I'll cross that bridge when I get there" kind of thinking. Whereas, I'm unlikely to take action unless I know it's likely that it will work in my favor (or if it doesn't I at least I have some a good course of action in mind to take).

On the other hand I could still be NT but I enjoy reading what futurists have to say and imagine what life will be like way in the future even if I don't live to see it. I like reading about new technologies and the exciting possibilities they have.

I think I'm kind of an SJ-NT hybrid in a way.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd kind of suspected this for a while, but I discovered recently -- i.e. within the past few months -- that I'm essentially incapable of holding myself to reasonable standards. They're either too low, or too high. Usually too high, but not always, and not to the same degree each time. (It's not predictable.) So, if I can't trust the standards I hold myself to, then I can't really trust myself to judge myself.

In addition to this, I've discovered that I'm so incredibly sp-deficient that I'm completely blind to my own needs, a lot of the time. So, not only can I not trust my own judgments of myself, but I can't trust my judgments regarding how I treat myself. Meaning... Unless I'm dealing with other people, or general things in the external world, I feel completely unmoored. It's bizarre, because I'm used to being certain about things, and now I'm barely certain about anything.

I presume that "this too shall pass", "it's part of growing up", "insert eye-roll-inducing cliche here". But I'm looking forward to a time when my confidence and certainty runs a little bit deeper than skin deep.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That I'm a mixture of supreme gangsterness and epic coolness - don't be hating on me because I'm black!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That I'm much more emotionally vulnerable about certain things than I ever thought remotely possible.