User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you discovered about yourself recently?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

I know nothing. Wait...you said recent? I loathe myself....wait no, that's not recent either.

Erm....I discovered that.....I.....am not very good at self discovery, mainly because there is little there to be discovered.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The more I come out of my dysthymic haze, the quicker my Te hammer summons, the less I am capable of perpetuating any scams, shams, or schemes or endure anything produced by Ricky Gervais.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I do not own a jacket in between a light zip-up hoodie and a well-insulated parka.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I was born to lead and I'm as courageous as a honey-badger.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Good thread.

I've discovered that I am very much capable of forging a life for myself. That I have a future with a long and gruelling road ahead of me. I'm excited for the challenges to come. So thats a start.

This realisation is coming to fruition after I took a lot of time to figure out how deeply my bad habits run, and how pathetically I can behave, most of all in how I see and interact with the world.

Good intentions aren't enough. Ideologies mean little if they can't be brought to life through action.
    My flawed idealistic nature, that needs balance is what I discovered. I have people to thank for that, even here in typoC.

Riva

Being male - in a culture that I live in - gives me license to tease.

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This will be my 4,000th post! Yeah!

On a more personal note, when taking personality tests, I've always agreed with questions about being very future oriented. When I take a closer look at it, I answer yes because I'm concerned about the future going well for me. By knowing that the future is taken care of, I feel more free to truly enjoy the present. Really, when it comes down to it, I just like to enjoy the present moment without having to think much about the future but it's hard for me to enjoy the present moment if my present actions are going to have disastrous consequences for the future.

So what personality implication does this have? Perhaps I'm more S than I thought I was. I could see SJs having this mindset. I don't think I'm an SP as they would be more likely to have a future be damned attitude or an "I'll cross that bridge when I get there" kind of thinking. Whereas, I'm unlikely to take action unless I know it's likely that it will work in my favor (or if it doesn't I at least I have some a good course of action in mind to take).

On the other hand I could still be NT but I enjoy reading what futurists have to say and imagine what life will be like way in the future even if I don't live to see it. I like reading about new technologies and the exciting possibilities they have.

I think I'm kind of an SJ-NT hybrid in a way.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I'd kind of suspected this for a while, but I discovered recently -- i.e. within the past few months -- that I'm essentially incapable of holding myself to reasonable standards. They're either too low, or too high. Usually too high, but not always, and not to the same degree each time. (It's not predictable.) So, if I can't trust the standards I hold myself to, then I can't really trust myself to judge myself.

In addition to this, I've discovered that I'm so incredibly sp-deficient that I'm completely blind to my own needs, a lot of the time. So, not only can I not trust my own judgments of myself, but I can't trust my judgments regarding how I treat myself. Meaning... Unless I'm dealing with other people, or general things in the external world, I feel completely unmoored. It's bizarre, because I'm used to being certain about things, and now I'm barely certain about anything.

I presume that "this too shall pass", "it's part of growing up", "insert eye-roll-inducing cliche here". But I'm looking forward to a time when my confidence and certainty runs a little bit deeper than skin deep.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

That I'm a mixture of supreme gangsterness and epic coolness - don't be hating on me because I'm black!

Moving to the BVI Array highlander's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

That I'm much more emotionally vulnerable about certain things than I ever thought remotely possible.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Noon liked this post