• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Fi in an ENFP, using How to train your dragon, spoiler alert

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Goes back to wanting to please those he loves and cares about, aka his dad. He has no reason to doubt his dads wishes and judgement at that point, so yes, NeTe comes up with a solution to stop being a disappointment to his dad. But he does not seek to control the dragon, he seeks to understand it. Something stops him the second it is helpless on the floor, and that something is the fear he sees reflected back at him. The same fear he feels when he sees a dragon. He sees a helpless being, which fully surrenders to him as he has no other choice, which fully expects to die. And he cuts it loose, knowing very well that the dragon might kill him, as he gives up the position of power. Once he is taught that a dragon will *always* go for the kill, in dragon class, his curiosity demands that he finds out why this dragon didnt. And so his quest for understanding, not controlling, begins. And you see him gaining confidence and strength as he follows his own NeFi path, as opposed to the path laid out for him by his tribesmen. If it was social acceptance that truly drove him, he would relish his popularity through his gained knowledge a lot more. Instead, his curiosity and need to know more prompts him to avoid it in order to get back to what is important: understanding this fascinating creature.

Of couse not, Te would want to control it. Thats whythe EJs end up in the positions they do. They take emperical evidence and run with it. They dont attempt to dig in and understand. Ti is just as much about understanding as Fi.

Plus what u just wrote sounds ENFP use of Te and he is far from ENFP. I dont see Te. I see alot of Ne and Ti.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Of couse not, Te would want to control it. Thats whythe EJs end up in the positions they do. They take emperical evidence and run with it. They dont attempt to dig in and understand. Ti is just as much about understanding as Fi.

Plus what u just wrote sounds ENFP use of Te and he is far from ENFP. I dont see Te. I see alot of Ne and Ti.

:shrug:

I guess the thread fails. I don't really have the energy to convince you of what an enfp looks like. Nor do I desire to do so.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:shrug:

I guess the thread fails. I don't really have the energy to convince you of what an enfp looks like. Nor do I desire to do so.

Ok. I know several ENFPs and i just dont see it. I am not gonna argue that you dont feel a connection with what or who he is or does, but i dont see enough of a resemblence.

Failure is dependent on your goal. Are you trying to prove something or be open to suggestions? I know ENFPs and i know when discussing/arguiing they can revert to others to "prove" there point....talk to so and so...they can explain better then me.

Anyway...i hear you. Its been dropped

A

Anew Leaf

I thought Hiccup was INFP* myself... because I related to so much of how he was acting... between giant awkwardness and the drive between social pressure and going your own way.

I also really think that this has a lot of merit:

See, this is how lame i am on MBTI, i totally forgot that functions are shared.

I did think his dragon could be ENFP as well though, but this assessment is based on the highly scientific, Cute + Incredibly Expressive Non Verbal Facial Expressions theory.

*If I am INFP
:dry:

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
something I cannot violate without violating myself equally so. Nor will it matter if I violate it, as I will be unable to budge on it anyways. Nor will it be possible to clearly word why it is that I cannot do whatever it is they are demanding from me.

Who is this I person?

She sounds like a queen bitch. Making you suffer like this. She sounds like she doesn't really appreciate you. It's like she's your slave owner. Why are you allowing her to treat you like this?

Your Lulu looks so cute! I hope you don't allow I to torture your cat like she is torturing you.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hell no. He is about as Fi as they come. Fe-tard, for sure, but Fi to the core. It is what stays his hand when *everyone* is telling him he is wrong. His machine doesnt work btw..not properly calibrated. But the idea is there. He takes several trial and error moments to properly get the tail working, to gather empirical data on what *exactly* it is supposed to do, to then make adjustments.
And his interaction with the dragon when he first studies it is classic NeFi: figuring out where the other persons boundaries are, yet being curious enough to keep interacting, testing them thoroughly yet respectfully (lifting the foot when the dragon growls, and putting it back down, just to test if he interpreted that signal properly), realising what is important and valuable to this other creature in front of him. It isn't about control or exploitation, or even mapping out how things work. It is about understanding and connecting, as well finding your own strengths and trusting in them. It is effing theme of the entire story. Those are typical ENFP pitfalls and life lessons, not NT ones (though Im not saying that NTs do not go through this. Im just saying that it isnt their typical focal point in life)

agreed. he is Fi as hell. ENTPs are too amoral and don't care enough to get involved is something to idealistic. however, I think the attention to detail [MENTION=12103]_Poki_[/MENTION] mentioned was Tertiary Si. his Te on the other hand is terrible and he lacks the authority and command of an ENFP. I think he is INFP 6w7>1w9>2w1 Sp/Sx

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
agreed. he is Fi as hell. ENTPs are too amoral and don't care enough to get involved is something to idealistic. however, I think the attention to detail [MENTION=12103]_Poki_[/MENTION] mentioned was Tertiary Si. his Te on the other hand is terrible and he lacks the authority and command of an ENFP. I think he is INFP 6w7>1w9>2w1 Sp/Sx

He seems to have a much more analytical nature to him then an INFP in my opinion. Definately not ENTP. Analytical doesnt mean smart, it just means he goes about analyzing things differently then an INFP would when it comes to technical stuff. I would say INxP for sure

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He seems to have a much more analytical nature to him then an INFP in my opinion. Definately not ENTP. Analytical doesnt mean smart, it just means he goes about analyzing things differently then an INFP would when it comes to technical stuff. I would say INxP for sure

- analytical does not = Ti
- he is not dominant thinking/inferior feeling
- he is up to his eyeballs in Fi (it's hard to explain, but just trust the FPs here, he is up to his eyeballs in Fi, we can just tell).

that said, his precision and attention to detail could be resultant of Se. I could see him as an ISFP as well (actually, this is just as likely as INFP imo)

Starry

...he lacks the authority and command of an ENFP.

Elfboy...??? Tell me one ENFP from history (and no Darth Vadar doesn't count)...that has presented with 'authority and command'? (is this a bad time to tell you that I don't even think you are ENFP? I think you are an ISFP 9w8).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow. This thread got all which way of type-ugly.

Can't we just talk about the freakin' DRAGONS instead? Sigh.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Elfboy...??? Tell me one ENFP from history (and no Darth Vadar doesn't count)...that has presented with 'authority and command'? (is this a bad time to tell you that I don't even think you are ENFP? I think you are an ISFP 9w8).
- Che Guevara (7w8 Sx/So)
- Joan of Arc (1w? or 6w7 Sx/So)
- Sean Penn (8w7 Sx/Sp)
- Naomi Wolf (1w2 Sx/So)
- Quentin Tarantino (7w8 So/Sx)
- Richard Branson (7w8 So/Sx) he's not as fiery as the other people listed here, but he definitely has a natural authority about him
- [MENTION=8904]Esoteric Wench[/MENTION] (7w8 Sp/So) :D
- also, if we were on personality cafe I could probably name you about 10 more from that forum

possibly ENFP
- King David (8w7 Sx/So)
- Ron Paul (1w9 Sp/So)
- Abigail Adams (1w2 So/Sx)

notice, they're relatively unusual enneagram types (your typical ENFP 7w6, 9, or phobic 6 is not going to make the list)

I'm going to answer the second part of this in my 3w4 vs 7w6 thread (if you haven't seen the video already, you're welcome to do so as well)

Starry

Wow. This thread got all which way of type-ugly.

??? Ahhh...does it count that I was laughing when I typed what I wrote?
I don't know the character that Amargith is referring to in this thread...but I did identify with what she wrote and am an ENFP. I'm not generally known for my 'authority and command' though.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am, though only reluctantly when i have no other choice.

I was hoping this thread would show thosethat have a hard time ( with a good reason for that matter) grasping why Fi is so hard to explain and why it has to go against the grain in such a selfishly seeming way without even a good explanation, why this can occur and how it is that the person can sometimes not even identify due to lack of concrete information why they cannot act any other way, no matter how much you value the opinions of those you love and how much it hurts to disappoint them.

It is like they are asking you to be someone you are not, despite the fact that the concrete requests really dont seem all that hard to fulfil.

Or, ya know, we could argue about his type. That works too.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Conflicts are OK. People don't need to always get along.

I think a difference between a hero Fe and an animus Fe would be the further break down of which relationships are worth it and which are not. Which lead to a positive outcome for the individual and which are a waste of time. How far do I go in sacrificing my time and self interest for interpersonal harmony and STILL love my Fe, and where do I draw the line. Animus Fe doesn't like drawing that line. A conscious Fe is much more practical so to speak.

What do you think?

I'm not generally known for my 'authority and command' though.

It's because you haven't seen yourself through the eyes of others, especially introverts.

ENFPs in general seem aggressive, pushy and commanding to more introverted people. This forum is replete with such comments.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Obviously.

I simply discern between "constructive conflict" and "wasteful conflict."

I think a difference between a hero Fe and an animus Fe would be the further break down of which relationships are worth it and which are not. Which lead to a positive outcome for the individual and which are a waste of time. How far do I go in sacrificing my time and self interest for interpersonal harmony and STILL love my Fe, and where do I draw the line. Animus Fe doesn't like drawing that line. A conscious Fe is much more practical so to speak.

What do you think?[/quoet]

I'm not really sure of the distinctions you are trying to make within Fe.

In this particular thread, I quickly perceived that no one is going to walk away with their opinions changed, it's just a bash match... and I doubt anyone's been learning anything either. It's just a matter of, "Here's what he is because it fits with my identity!" vs "No he's not, because he operates like this!"

This tends to be my typical hangup with ENFPs overall and even INFPs when they dig in on something. I just don't see the point of energy investment into that type of disagreement.

And... honestly.... I would rather talk about the dragons. :wub:

ENFPs in general seem aggressive, pushy and commanding to more introverted people. This forum is replete with such comments.

True. And obviously this is a matter of experience, since the ENFP might have a different perception. But as an introvert, yes, I typically feel like my boundaries are being trod on in conflicts.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Obviously.

I simply discern between "constructive conflict" and "wasteful conflict."

What do you think?[/quoet]

I'm not really sure of the distinctions you are trying to make within Fe.

In this particular thread, I quickly perceived that no one is going to walk away with their opinions changed, it's just a bash match... and I doubt anyone's been learning anything either. It's just a matter of, "Here's what he is because it fits with my identity!" vs "No he's not, because he operates like this!"

This tends to be my typical hangup with ENFPs overall and even INFPs when they dig in on something. I just don't see the point of energy investment into that type of disagreement.

And... honestly.... I would rather talk about the dragons. :wub:

True. And obviously this is a matter of experience, since the ENFP might have a different perception. But as an introvert, yes, I typically feel like my boundaries are being trod on in conflicts.

Starry

- Che Guevara (7w8 Sx/So)
- Joan of Arc (1w? or 6w7 Sx/So)
- Sean Penn (8w7 Sx/Sp)
- Naomi Wolf (1w2 Sx/So)
- Quentin Tarantino (7w8 So/Sx)
- Richard Branson (7w8 So/Sx) he's not as fiery as the other people listed here, but he definitely has a natural authority about him
- [MENTION=8904]Esoteric Wench[/MENTION] (7w8 Sp/So) :D
- also, if we were on personality cafe I could probably name you about 10 more from that forum

possibly ENFP
- King David (8w7 Sx/So)
- Ron Paul (1w9 Sp/So)
- Abigail Adams (1w2 So/Sx)

notice, they're relatively unusual enneagram types (your typical ENFP 7w6, 9, or phobic 6 is not going to make the list)

I'm going to answer the second part of this in my 3w4 vs 7w6 thread (if you haven't seen the video already, you're welcome to do so as well)

I actually didn't see this last night. I guess I was focusing on the other stuff that was/is being said (?)
Che actually came to mind when I was typing my post. And what's interesting is while I think Joan of Arc is generally regarded as an INFP...I too have considered the possibility that she was an ENFP (I'm not so sure about the other individuals you listed). Still I'm not convinced that 'authority and command' are what I would attribute to ENFPs even in the cases I just mentioned. Like I know an ENFP e8...and while she is so strong and possesses a lot of what I guess would be described as 'raw power'...she still presents with or leads by inspiration (and say 'instilling enthusiasm' in others regarding whatever cause or task that needs to be completed). IDK I'll think more about it. I appreciate the list though.

It's because you haven't seen yourself through the eyes of others, especially introverts.

I have a hard time believing this is true overall. Merely considering various introverted leaders throughout history...and the fact that I've been 'pushed around' by more than one introvert in my day haha.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

What do you think?

ENFPs are a very know it all type. They can be very aggressive, pushy, and commanding when it comes to competing with others.

I grew up with an ENFP mom and as a kid you just ignore the pushyness that is ENFP. I still get it to this day about how and when in regards to my son and just life. I just ignore it as I do everyone else that tells me how/when to do things. I will do what I want and as I see fit, what others say are just data to add to my own data and I judge everything for myself. So I dont really see myself being pushed around by an ENFP. I walk off on my own, do my own thing and sometimes what they say is what I may end up doing and sometimes its not. I do my own thing though. When they push they find themselves alone in regards to myself. Other types like it and may flock to them.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]
btw, to add to a previous reply to you, I wouldn't have included Darth Vader the list anyway. he does not have an heir of authority to him, is extremely whiny and lacks leadership skills.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENFPs are a very know it all type. They can be very aggressive, pushy, and commanding when it comes to competing with others.

I grew up with an ENFP mom and as a kid you just ignore the pushyness that is ENFP. I still get it to this day about how and when in regards to my son and just life. I just ignore it as I do everyone else that tells me how/when to do things. I will do what I want and as I see fit, what others say are just data to add to my own data and I judge everything for myself. So I dont really see myself being pushed around by an ENFP. I walk off on my own, do my own thing and sometimes what they say is what I may end up doing and sometimes its not. I do my own thing though. When they push they find themselves alone in regards to myself. Other types like it and may flock to them.

A typical Ti thing to say.
I find it hard not to admire and envy this attitude.

I wish I could say the same but most often I end up having to physically remove myself from the person to get this autonomy.

An ESFP bulldozed me over with angry Fi-bully Te a today and I'm pretty careful to avoid her at all costs for the rest of my life. I rly hate it when they do this, esp. since I have absolutely nothing to do with her frustrations and she cant work them out herself and needs to bully somebody to feel better. Grrr :mad:

So an ExFP would need less stimuli to get their Te riled up and go impact the world than an IxFP. The IxFP's Te would feel much stronger, crazier and even have a fanatical gleam in its eyes. A character who takes on a holy Te crusade for order, structure and fairness prolly has anima Te.