User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Default NF's and a love for morbidity?

I'm an ENFP, and especially with my INF friends I have noticed an interest in creepy things... I personally love them, and I was wondering if you guys do too. I like them becaue of the thrill, and the passion in loving things others would shun, in the suspence and relating to the evil characters.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I think it's due to having a fascination with the unknown in general. The dark seems mysterious, and it draws you in. While I'm not into creepy things per se, I like exploring the dark side of human nature through classic literature, crime shows, music, etc. I've been drawn to cynical writing in general. I don't relate to evil characters, but studying them has an appeal to me, like what is going on in their mind, what drives them to commit the acts they do. I speculate on why, and see what the evidence says in the storyline. It seems that darker characters in literature are written in a three-dimensional way, you see many aspects of their personality. Whereas the heroes in literature, you have a glimpse of how they are, but you don't really get the full picture that often. Another aspect is that I yearn for poetic justice against these types of people for what they do to others. Understanding their motives is a way to urge others not to go down that path. It's also a mode to protect myself as well, knowing about the darkness to avoid it. So there's an element of self-protectiveness as well as understanding people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Ginkgo

Evil characters tend to be those who corrupted themselves with good intentions. I've always been drawn to "the dark"; it's a big deal to NFs because they value ethics that tend to come hand in hand with human relations. Morbidity is something to tinker with as an ever-present alternative no matter the context you find yourself in, and NFs like myself who value seeing all sides of the humanities see exploring morbidity as a necessary process of soul-searching. I would bet that many NFs put themselves through it because seeing glimmers of good and beauty is relieving.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't think I am fascinated with morbidity at all. Sometimes I delve into it, but that's because I'm more fascinated by subversion.. and morbidity in the right places can be subversive. But, often enough, it's cliche and expected, which doesn't do much for my Ne.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

O radiant Dark! O darkly fostered ray!
    Thou hast a joy too deep for shallow Day.
    ~ George Eliot, The Spanish Gypsy

i seek out both light and darkness in art, so that i may better understand it in people (including myself). being comfortable with it has afforded me a kind of night vision that i value as much, as the light of my relentless optimism.

and with that night vision i see things that are often more alive and richly colored than day.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

MBTI
    eNFJ

Hmm no.
    - MB

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Seeing the cute, light things of life all the time does not lend to appreciation and understanding.
    I am attracted to the darker sides of things just as much, because things are shallow and uninteresting without it.

On the more shallow side, I've always been drawn to the grotesque, slightly taboo, and morbid. Although people have their opinions on what that entails, I tend to like to study it from a distance--watching snakes in cages, or spiders from a safe distance, human surgical procedures in detail, diseases described and photographed, documentaries on incest or off-putting fetishes, horror and gore movies, etc.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Exactly! My fellow ENFP's seem to get it... Liking the dual aspect to life... By morbidity, I more meant studying things others are revolted by, finding the beauty in the darkness... Edgar Allen Poe, H.P Lovecraft, the ending of Macbeth... liking the moral greys, and finding intrigue in the night.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chromia View Post
    I'm an ENFP, and especially with my INF friends I have noticed an interest in creepy things... I personally love them, and I was wondering if you guys do too. I like them becaue of the thrill, and the passion in loving things others would shun, in the suspence and relating to the evil characters.
    Anakin sky walker is my favorite character of all time. His rise, fall, deeper fall, and eventual redemption! ... It's over 6 effing movies lol. I think it's because as NFs we want to believe there were good but misguided intentions behind evil people and a character like Anakin really embodies that.

On top of that I tend to love assassin type characters. At first theyll be rutheless and im fascinated at how they are so calm and unfeeling... Some stories then show them finding those feelings and that's even more interesting (especially if it's a hot chick lol).

MBTI
    INFP

Very much so
    wait