• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF's and a love for morbidity?

lenoirvrai

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am extremely morbid in both my thoughts, humor, hobbies/interests and collections.

- Regarding my humor, I find it hysterical to say the most off-the-wall, morbid thing I can think of. For example: At my previous job, a customer I was talking to mentioned that she worked in a long-term care nursing home. I brought up the fact that my mother had recently been in one of those facilities. The woman said, "I'm sorry to hear that. Did she get out?" I said, "Yeah, she got out. She died."

- I collect post-mortem photography from the Victorian era. I love those photos! Dead bodies in general fascinate me, but the Victorians took it to a whole new level. I even purchased a photo album from the 1830s to showcase these photos.

- One of my favorite painting series is the one where the dogs are playing poker. The painter did another one with the dogs, but as a post-mortem photography picture of a dead dog. I am getting a large print and it is going to be hanging above my bed.

- I want to begin collecting human bones. I am fascinated by human anatomy and would love to have a complete skeleton.

- I am a painter. My favorite medium is chalk pastel. I do enjoy digital illustration, where I illustrate my cartoon work, but when it comes to my pastels, I love doing surrealism and macabre.

So yes, I am very morbid and I love a dark sense of humor. I also enjoy watching documentaries featuring the horrors throughout history. Nazi Germany fascinates me to no end, mostly because I feel sick regarding what happened to the Jewish population. It blows my mind that humans can be so cruel, though it intrigues me, as well. When I was a child, my favorite subject to read about was child abuse cases. The more grotesque, the better. Not that I think abuse of any kind is cool, it just makes my jaw drop.

Isis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hmmm, do any of these count?
I love Witch shows and shows like "6th Sense". And I also like shows that put the camera in the autopsy room and they show you the guts and explain how they discovered why this patient died a horrific death. I like those "ER" type shows where they show real life emergencies- like someone's arm is hanging off and if they don't find a specific neurosurgeon in like 10 seconds, this guy is like a goner.
Am I gross?

Omission1234

I like morbid things, I don't like gore and zombies really at all. I like the old b films of horror but not the new stuff, it freaks me out. My favorite authors are dark and have "complex/tangly" characters like Dostoevsky, Bukowski, Knut Hamsun, Dickens,Nabovok, Stephen King, Solzhenitsyn. I like transgressive literature more in the past few years like coupland and dennis cooper, I want to read more bukowski and if I can find a french copy or english of Timo Mukka. Hmmm what else I like gothic things I suppose in the victorian english gothic and aspects of that time and society. I like dark and morbid humour... so much that it can make for an awkard conversation haha, some people dont get it. I like these same characters in film and sometimes lyrics in music. I just find it really interesting, I dont replicate the characters in this specific way but I think aspects of personality and darker themes in life are always present and relevant to our modern lives. I feel a need to understand this part of me, I guess to be more confident and sure in my own character and why I'm not down that same twisted path as the characters.

I hope something in there made sense. :hi:

I recently watched this documentary on Norwegian black metal and the different motives, meanings and conclusions. Especially how members of that scene identified with the music and religion in Norway. Anyways it dealt a lot with satanism, depression, nationalism, religion and suicide. It was pretty disturbing for me honestly but interesting, I've never really heard about Norwegian black metal so it was very new and incredibly different.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
If by morbidity you mean sickness, specifically psychological sickness, then yes, I am drawn to it, but not because I find anything interesting of compelling about the condition in itself. I'm am interested in what it takes to find a path out of that darkness for others. So the desire to be of service is what underlies it for me.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sx for head types has a kind of psychosexual quality. sx/sp exacerbates this.

e4 stays with the negative difference in all things. the sense of loss that is part of all interactions. hence the romanticism, the tragic, finding the somber aesthetic beauty in the ugly, etc. the loss turns to the emptiness of sadness, the pitiableness of self and others, the feeling that you can't catch up and find enough that is worth it to bring you back to the good side of the present, which itself has been imbued with ominous undertones of disgust, loathing, contempt. hatred, the final rejection of the rejected. the world, your experience of it as you identify with it and others within it, is drowned in shame, and consumed by shame from within. loss and more loss. and why are things so bad? why are things so unfair? why are we all wrong? why do i feel this way? adding 5 to the equation, trying to explain why it is all this way, searching for an answer, trying to know the cause, and taking those explanations, those self-defeating and life-defeating stories we practice so much, and then projecting forward, exploring and extrapolating upon the anxiety of negative possibilities, tangles of negative thought patterns connected to this anti-momentum, this sinking mood, this negative difference identification. so you get shadowy threats that can not be fully realized. e5 is the basis for noir, a general constrictedness. e7 is more horror. the experience is more fully realized, viscerally realized.

e7 is generally the opposite, but for any type, and sx especially, who have really really really wanted something and felt the crushing blow of defeat, the loss kind of feels good in its own way because it's a different experience to truly feel rather than simply igniting into mental energy, positive and negative anxiety, etc. but quickly the head type energy starts linking new possibilities, which is a central part of what makes something morbid. the entranced, can't look away, drawn in, semi-hallucinatory quality in which ideas, possibilities, are realized from within. fear becoming fixation, and its gears locking together into cycles of thinking that you cannot break. norepenephrine that says NO, THIS! over and over until you lose touch with the rest of yourself and the rest of the moment. or to feel paranoid about all those uncertainties engulfing you at every moment, the tangible ones that rush past you in the street, those always near misses that you realize through the gust of wind that you feel on your skin.

9w1 has a different kind of critical perfectionism that at times makes it all feel fucking pointless. coupled with a seemingly complete loss of self. in fact, that's kind of the basis for most of these things. you lose the world, and you lose yourself. you lose the momentum that helps you focus on the positive aspects, to feel like you have something to build on. you internalize, and you externalize, all the demons you can find, projecting negative things into all those uncertain spaces, those dark corners, of life. but e1 has more of a we will never meet standards, and reasonableness is nothing to believe in anyway. the untrustworthiness of the body is mirrored rather than balanced by the untrustworthiness of the mind. and without that sorting, all that is left is anger, a raw nerve that would be happy to watch everyone get what they deserve.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Evil characters tend to be those who corrupted themselves with good intentions. I've always been drawn to "the dark"; it's a big deal to NFs because they value ethics that tend to come hand in hand with human relations. Morbidity is something to tinker with as an ever-present alternative no matter the context you find yourself in, and NFs like myself who value seeing all sides of the humanities see exploring morbidity as a necessary process of soul-searching. I would bet that many NFs put themselves through it because seeing glimmers of good and beauty is relieving.
I agree with this assessment.

I have a rather dark and morbid side to myself.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i thought it was more correlated with 6 & 4 than nf perhaps infx and enfp w 6 also I would describe it as an love for the macabre

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ :shrug: I can't see why 6 would entail love for the morbid. The "gritty", maybe.

IllusoryReverie

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an ENFP, and especially with my INF friends I have noticed an interest in creepy things... I personally love them, and I was wondering if you guys do too. I like them becaue of the thrill, and the passion in loving things others would shun, in the suspence and relating to the evil characters.

I can tend to have a fascination with morbid things at times, or what many people would often consider morbid. But I'm not necessarily sure that "creepy" always falls under the category of morbid, at least not for me. Certain poetry or artistic styles I find to be a bit dark, bleak, morbid, etc., but I wouldn't always classify them as creepy. Creepy things/depictions can be fun and interesting too though :hug: