• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] XNFPs and Getting Dressed

CreativeCait

MBTI Type
PING
INFP20ready20soon.jpg

ENFP20get20it20right.jpg

Does this sound familiar to you??

It seems to take me ag-es to get ready, especially if I havn't made any decisions about clothes, hair, accessories and make-up beforehand.

I have definately rocked up very late in some bizzare outfits.

Last Saturday night I went through about five outfits, the pants led to a top change, necessitating a necklace change. Then I saw those awesome bright green heels I never get to wear, but clashed with my top so I chaned that, then the necklace was wrong. Then I saw that vest that I never wear, so I changed top a-gain. On, and on, and on. At this point my room resembles the floor of the sorting room in a thrift shop and I notice in the mirror that I look utterly ridiculous :laugh:
In the end I rocked up in toned-down 80s gear, even though that wasn't the dress code.

I blame Ne, a shortage of clean clothes and a penchant for playing dress ups!

Anyways, how do you get dressed? Would you say you have a unique style? How do others describe your clothes?

Attachments

• INFP20ready20soon.jpg
    INFP20ready20soon.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 3907692940_746a89715b.jpg
    3907692940_746a89715b.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 11
A

Anew Leaf

Wait... Wait...

We can dress ourselves?!

*cancels helper monkey and helper dolphin subscription*

Starry

OMG no. The xNFPs I know irl are NOT snappy dressers at all...even the 4s. This is not to say that it isn't possible or anything...but I dress terribly and yah...it's my experience that the xNPFs I know in real life don't care for much more than comfort. Now the ISFPs & ESFPs I know...that's a whole different story!!!

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
on the rare occasion that i dress up it takes me forever and i'll change my clothes like 5 times before i finally find something i like. but 99% of the time i just wear jeans and whatever shirt looks clean.

CreativeCait

MBTI Type
PING
Wait... Wait...

We can dress ourselves?!

*cancels helper monkey and helper dolphin subscription*

I waaants to see a dolphin dress me! *Imagines some underwater fantasy land where she has turned into a mermaid with little dolphin helpers....oh the adventures....

A

Anew Leaf

I waaants to see a dolphin dress me! *Imagines some underwater fantasy land where she has turned into a mermaid with little dolphin helpers....oh the adventures....

It's kind of amazing. I... cannot lie about it.

*ships you dolphin helpers*

:D

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
The most time I used to put into getting dressed was deciding which of my 3 long coats to wear. Then I lost all of them and it became much easier.

My current style could best be characterised as "lazily nondescript". "Functional, barely" works too.

I pretty much stopped buying casual clothing 10 years ago, and am down to wearing the gear that hasn't worn out yet because I didn't ever like it enough to wear it.

CreativeCait

MBTI Type
PING
I pretty much stopped buying casual clothing 10 years ago, and am down to wearing the gear that hasn't worn out yet because I didn't ever like it enough to wear it.

*wonders what on earth you are wearing within those perameters* :p

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
on the rare occasion that i dress up it takes me forever and i'll change my clothes like 5 times before i finally find something i like. but 99% of the time i just wear jeans and whatever shirt looks clean.

me too and sometimes my shirt ends up on backwards and my fly unzipped. i am awesome :cheers:

gromit

likes this
My INFP friend is a very stylish dresser. She cares a lot about how she looks, her clothes, hair, jewelry. She has a very indie, yet subdued style. I like it!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Disclaimer: my type is currently undetermined. I may or may not be XNFP.

I love clothes and fashion. I try my best to look good all the time. Aesthetics make me happy. A world without beauty would be pointless in my opinion. I've spent a lot of time in acquiring social skills also learning the protocol of dressing, so I pretty well know what to wear when and with what. If I don't know (and I'm still kind of clueless about accessories and shoes), I'll ask my sister or a friend. I have a lot of cute skirts and tops that I can mix and match, and a lot of outfits I already know go together, so most of the time it's easy to just pick something to wear. The trouble comes when I run into one of those moments where I'm not sure what the protocol is, and I experiment with different combinations, and in the end usually scrap it for the moment and wear something generic I know works. I'll usually wear yoga pants and a tank top, a skirt and tank top or tight t-shirt, or shorts and a top. If it's cold I'll wear plain long sleeved shirts, boots, sweatshirts, and scarves (and of course jeans and khakis). I have a couple of cute dresses too. I almost always wear (natural looking) makeup when I go out of the house, just because it makes me feel good. I usually wear my fairy necklace. Also I love knee socks.

My INFP cousin half the time dresses like a cool hipster and the other half like she doesn't care (in the usual thrift store attire). My ENFP sister is a pretty snappy dresser, and I ask her for advice a lot.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i like wearable works of art. the stuff i love is both timeless and avant-garde...haider ackermann, rick owens, vivienne westwood, comme des garçons, vintage tom ford and helmut lang. i design and create what i envision but cannot find, so understand the enormous effort that a designer puts into her or his creations.

i will do vintage couture occasionally if it's pristine (picked up a pair of vintage opera length gloves to wear with my mom's 1969 geoffrey beene ballgown to the opera recently. modern gloves are a joke in comparison: these have hand-rolled french seams and a proper row of buttons allowing you to tuck the fingers into the wrist while eating).

i also go to italy every year to stock up on unique pieces as well as lingerie. italian fabric mills are among the best in the world and the construction is superb.

above all, i dress to please myself as i view my body as a canvas in motion. i'm loyal to my pieces and wear my favorite ones until they're ready to fall off. and that's where i, or my french taylor, come in. :smile:

Chromia

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a type 7 ENFP... I wear random stuff and am very indescisive. I am not a dresser for comfort in some cases. I love wearing victorian dresses, styling my hair into dramatic styles and so on... Probably something from the 749 sx. I also love eyepatches and goggles! So much awesone stuff!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A long time ago when I went out all the time I loved playing dress up... I don't do it as often now... I still like to put together a look of some kind but its not usually very time consuming.

I think for me it's just about having a place to go... I don't get out much here.. Don't know very many people... It sucks a lil bit.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I seem to be internal even for an INFP. Most INFPs I've known have very distinct styles. I didn't even decorate my bedroom. :thinking:

Maybe it's an enneagram thing.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dude, I've only discovered fashion lately. I'm probably best described as a snappy dresser. I'd say about half the clothes I bring home go straight to donation or get returned, because it's a ridiculous process for me to decide if I like something or not.. I have to come to some sort of harmonized tactile attenuation to it.