User Tag List

First 123 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    However, almost every social group ends up with the same problems that you find no matter what kind of group you're dealing with. Hierarchy, favoritism, pandering, posturing, butthurt egos, etc appear to be universal. Doesn't matter if it's the grand revolution, my kid's role player's guild, OWS, the food drive at church -- I'm guessing you get the same stupid crap with bikers and mobsters, too, it's just more likely to end up with physical injury when somebody gets their panties in a twist. You can't get crap done for it, so the risk of incarceration, etc is just not worth it.

I'd rather work toward fixing the society we've got than pretending I'm a special little snowflake the rules don't apply to.
    Yeah, agree. There'd always have to be some sort of power hierarchy / order. Even if it didn't start out that way or it wasn't the initial purpose or 'Mission Statement', it would eventually morph in that direction. I guess I see 'outlaw mentality' as another version of law and order....just a different set of rules and power structure (maybe not codified, but unspoken rules, principles, value systems that are expected to be followed to be part of that group).
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    1. I am intrigued by an underground kind of life where you can break the rules and get away with it.

2 .Even though I'm not sure I should be, I find myself fascinated by violence, weapons, and martial arts. I like TV shows with a lot of action and violence in them.
    i have a very rebellious streak, am an extreme risk taker and was a very precocious kid. a rather dangerous combination.

i also come from a line of female revolutionaries on my mother's side. and while there is something intrinsically attractive to me about upheaval, radical social change or revolution, at some point as a kid i realized that 'bending the rules' is pointless and eventually boring if you can outwit the rule makers most of the time, if you see through the inevitable pandering and posturing @cafe alluded to. perhaps the battle should first be fought within.

i went on to study the psychology of leadership and group movements and was sorely disappointed to find that, in many cases, people's "shadow" sides eventually take over and pollute the very causes they fight for, eventually leading to their destruction. i some cases they were consumed by the process, in some cases quite voluntarily (e.g., Gandhi).

i began to explore self-mastery (and by extension mastery of one's environment) and my curiosity was sated. it became impossible to ignore things like martial arts (i have studied tuishou and other internal martial arts) as well as philosophies including the Tao and a more meditative path. this journey has been the most satisfying of all.

i have learned so much, and one of the things i have learned is that independenty-existing external forces stronger than myself are somewhat rare. i am frightfully strong but there is always always a dual. something else to be conquered. so while being strong gives me a great deal of confidence, i have the experience of having summoned the courage to face and conquer myself (a lifelong process) and as a result do not fear facing an equally strong or stronger opponent. they are a much longed-for teacher.

all of this has given me insights and skills that i would never have had if i had not internalized the struggle. when you do this, you begin to see things as they are. it is so thrilling, so empowering to face one's inner demons...to face your most deep-seated fears because you then learn to truly love yourself along the way. (the hidden joy is that, when someone loves you, you can then mindfully draw forth the very best you have to offer.)

i will never lose my fascination with a more rebellious mentality. but it starts and ends inside, with me.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    Sort of. Anything that is not SJ/SP is probably (more) an outlaw.

Intuitive life
    ? Wut? SP = most likely outlaw
    Dirt Farmer

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

for sure. i always used to root for the bad guy, even as a kid. and now i surround myself with them lol.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Quote Originally Posted by TheStarchDefenders View Post
    ? Wut? SP = most likely outlaw
    Well I did say probably more. I'm going by consensus here.
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

This thread is vague and I think I misunderstood OP lol. Some of ya'll linking this to wanting to become some sort of criminal, breaking laws for the sake of breaking laws, and taking candy from children or something. I had something else in mind - I was thinking Orwell 1984-esque, rebelling against the corrupt powers that be. Something cheesy like that.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'd rather work toward fixing the society we've got than pretending I'm a special little snowflake the rules don't apply to.
    Special snowflakes tend to be the movers and shakers in this world. Ain't no shame in wanting to be one.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Special snowflakes tend to be the movers and shakers in this world. Ain't no shame in wanting to be one.
    I don't know about that. I think they are more likely to be the one to let a pregnant lady with a baby on one hip and a toddler hanging onto her hand open the door for him on his way to his illegally parked sports car. If that guy was the kind to fight for the rights of custodians, cashiers and grill cooks, I'd have to eat my nonexistent hat.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post

No. Special snowflakes that think the rules don't apply to them have an entitlement complex. They also expect the entire world to revolve around them and guess what.....they can eat their high maintenance happy meal elsewhere. They aren't doers or movers and shakers. They are parasites.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

This seemed like a harmless thread about daydreams and why ppl romanticize about such things though. I'm not surprised that the INFJs were the ones that were quick to pass judgement.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I am more a fan of kaos. I would love to say, "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." A daimon in service of a greater good.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.