User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Question to INFP's, and capturing people with your eyes.

I have noticed this repeatedly over my lifetime. Whenever someone is speaking/lecturing towards a crowd, and I'm listening...the speaker repeatedly makes eyecontact with me over the duration of the event. Doesn't matter if its 15 or 50 people. It is hard for them to look away.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

I have.

I tend to really pay attention when someone or something they are talking about interests me, ok fine, call it staring, quite intently at that. I believe when someone is speaking to a group it is natural to refocus your view on the person who "appears" to be paying attention/gives a rats ass. That's my unsolicited theory and I'm sticking to it.

P.S. Hey wassabi Tantive! Long time no chatty! Come to vent from time to time.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Yes, actually. I feel like it's inconsiderate not to pay attention, so I suppose I am diligent about it even if I'm not particularly interested in the topic or the speaker is difficult to listen to.

Sometimes, when the speaker really "latches on" to my attentiveness, I feel stuck that I have to keep on paying good attention!

I remember my Grade 6 teacher telling me I was such a great listener and that only served to reinforce the habit I am sure, the compliment certainly made me feel like my attention was appreciated at the time.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

No

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

yes, i experience this a lot.

although the title of this thread is kinda creepy. and touchy feel-ie, and like it could come from a terrible romance book "And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes" <--- yeah, i just made that up. awesome huh?

rather than the appropriate "Do you find people hold eye contact with you in group situations"

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

To do this, I would have to actually look people in the eyes in the first place - which I don't.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    "And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes" <--- yeah, i just made that up. awesome huh?
    Mind if I add that to my signature in your honor? Because this is just awesome!
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sometimes. I had a physics teacher who kept such a long eye contact it made me feel very awkward. I didn't know if I should look somewhere else or not, so I kept looking - and he also kept looking at me. That was so weird.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

This happens to me. Sometimes other men think I'm picking a fight.
    I don't intend this, but it happens.
    My pal Christina says it's because I'm a Scorpio.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Not an INFP, but I sometimes feel the same way!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Sometimes, when the speaker really "latches on" to my attentiveness, I feel stuck that I have to keep on paying good attention!
    I was always the 'good student' in school so I felt like I had to pay attention (or at least pretend to pay attention). There was one time I was sort of daydreaming in science class, and suddenly the teacher said "Look at how 21% is always paying attention. That's a good example", and it took me a minute to realize that she was serious and thought I was really paying attention and not being sarcastic. Afterwards I felt so guilty I felt obligated to work extra hard for her class for the rest of the term
    4w5 sp/sx EII