• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Public portrait of an INFJ

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I found episodes of the show on ABC's site here if anyone else is interested. I will try to watch a few episodes and see what I think.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
So, I watched me some of this show and I gotta say I like it and Deanna's freakin awesome! :) Are you sure that she's not an ESTJ, though, Griffi97? :D

In all seriousness, I could definitely see her as being an INFJ. She seems to enjoy being decisive. Choosing one guy from 25 seems very exciting to her. Thus J.

She views her family as being very important to her and it doesn't seem forced by the show's producers or societal pressures. She goes into detail about how each member of her felt, emotionally, about Brad rejecting her. Thus F.

XXFJ is confirmed by her facial expressiveness.

She talks about finding her soulmate and has a clear vision of what the future holds for the two of them, once they meet. She also speaks of having the fairytale ending women are taught to have by society. Again, however, her desire for this seems genuine. Thus XNFX.

Finally, the one I'm least sure about: introvert or extrovert. If TV had it's way everyone would be extroverts but, based on what I've seen of Deanna, she does seem to be introverted. She seems to think before she speaks and when she does speak she's more reserved, not flailing her arms about.

This analysis has been in order of most sure to least sure. Having Fe, a judging function, as my dominant function makes it really easy for me to distinguish between P and J. Typing women as F is always shaky ground just as guys and T but she doesn't seem like a phony bologna actress.

Anyway, it's been fun being able to contribute to your thread. I think I'll go enjoy me some more of that show! :)

Desert Flower

Deanna's the bomb...definitely one of the few bachelorette's I can respect.
Its possible she is INFJ.

1. When she mentioned that after her mother's death she had to turn into a strong person that was responsible for everyone else and kept her own feelings locked inside.

2. Her desire for a "soulmate" and fairy tale ending.

3. When one of the contestants said that she asked "hard" questions...she seems to enjoy digging deep.

4. Her gift to one of the guys (naming the star after his son) had a well thought out emotional component.

5. Family is the largest and most intricate part of her social circle.

6. Her need to "mediate" a conflict between two guys...and the attitude she got when told not to concern herself with it.

Also, I like that guy Graham...good with words...he seems like he has hidden emotional depth...perhaps NF also.
Jesse has "it" also...cool dude.

Anyways, thanks for posting the links...quite entertaining.

Griffi97

MBTI Type
INFJ
I suspect Graham may be an INFP... And he's HAWT! :smile:

And Chris, I'm glad you're enjoying it. :D I was hoping to ignite some lively conversation here about it. Not too often you can study an INFJ, unless you happen to live with one.;)

Oh, and Deanna's supposed to have a bit of a melt-down on the next episode, something about some of the guys aren't taking this seriously enough. stay tuned...

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I didn't quite make it through the first episode cuz I was busy getting ready to take off for the meet-up, but nothing I saw in that one that would make me think 'No way she's an INFJ.' I'll watch more episodes in the next week or two.

The format of the show is a little annoying because it encourages weird posturing among the guys which gives me dumbchills, but it's still kinda fun.

Griffi97

MBTI Type
INFJ
The show will be on in 15 minutes and there are only 6 guys left...

Deanna did indeed have a bit of an emotional melt-down on the last show. The guys threw a party and then many of them proceeded to ignore her while she attended. She Fe'd all over the place and left them to their drinking games.

She is really attracted to Graham, a super-hot, quiet type. I'm hoping he can open up enough to convince her he's serious about her. He seems to have that depth-below-the-surface thing that we INFJ's need. Here's to hoping they work it out...:popc1:

Griffi97

MBTI Type
INFJ
Uugghhh, this is so terrible... Deanna practically begged Graham to put it all out there and he couldn't do it. I think it's classic Fe vs. Fi. I know how hard that can be because I'm married to an INFP and they just can't be as emotionally articulate as we Fe folks can. But the depth is there and that is what really matters. I think Deanna missed it - what a heartbreaker. :cry:

Desert Flower

Griffin 97, I'm really starting to believe this girl is definately INFJ. She kept talking about an odd connection she had to Graham..."was drawn" to him. Even the other guys remarked how the two were connected in a way they just didn't understand. (Yeah sounds like typical NF--NF attraction). Graham is very much an INFP. He very emotional because you can see it in his eyes . His mom even remarked how he has alot of friends but doesn't let people in all the way thats why he's a loner/lonely. I feel sorry for her because pushing him away is going to haunt her for the rest of her life. It's better just to take the chance and know for sure.

Perhaps Jesse or Jeremy will get picked in the end.