User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Is imperfection... perfection?
    No. The conclusion is: we aren't supposed to measure beauty objectively.

I found first woman more beautiful than second woman, but the latter has much more sex appeal, so she is more desirable, imo.

But if I wanted a model, I'd choose #1 very easily.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    The conclusion is: we aren't supposed to measure beauty objectively.
    Yes, this.

It strikes me the same way as the "emotional intelligence" quiz where you have to identify people's emotions, and they are all gauged scientifically, except some of them don't seem right. You can have all the objective "requirements" of a conceptual ideal but there are x-factors that play in... I suspect with the emotion quiz, it has something to do with people's innate ability to detect imitation - our brain probably picks up on miniscule details that tell us that the person isn't really feeling the emotion he is attempting to portray. Here, I think it has to do with beauty being partially genetically determined, partially environmentally determined, and probably partially synergistic, a result of all the experiences and desires and innate preferences in your life coming together to form a complex formula that estimates "beauty". And beauty can be learned, too... we can come to find things beautiful because of certain traits or associations...

@shortnsweet My point with all the pictures was that there are many different variations on the standard "beautiful woman", as there are myriad factors that play into beauty. I think it's funny that one was measured out. What's the point? Try to make more babies like her? I just really don't know.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

there is no such thing as perfection, but one can be perfectly imperfect = there are the inevitable imperfections, but those imperfections doesent take away from the beauty, but adds to it. for example a wrinkle is an imperfection, but if its on the right place with the right person, it might fit to her better than no wrinkle, making it an perfect imperfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    The conclusion is: we aren't supposed to measure beauty objectively.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    there is no such thing as perfection, but one can be perfectly imperfect = there are the inevitable imperfections, but those imperfections doesent take away from the beauty, but adds to it. for example a wrinkle is an imperfection, but if its on the right place with the right person, it might fit to her better than no wrinkle, making it an perfect imperfection.
    Leave it up to an INTP to express a feeling with words better than an ENFP can.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Grublet View Post
    Leave it up to an INTP to express a feeling with words better than an ENFP can.
    silly ENFP, this isnt a matter of feelings, its pure logic
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Default you may enjoy this then

"Everything that is graceful, gentle, decent and kind comes from asymmetry. Symmetry is ugly. If you are a human being you cannot make perfection."

Yohji Yamamoto

the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Wabi-sabi

Wabi-sabi (佗寂?) represents a comprehensive Japanese world view or aesthetic centered on the acceptance of transience and imperfection. The aesthetic is sometimes described as one of beauty that is "imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete".
    This is what beauty is for me.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC

Practicing Buddhism, I'm glad the Eastern ideology seem to align with my own.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    "Everything that is graceful, gentle, decent and kind comes from asymmetry. Symmetry is ugly. If you are a human being you cannot make perfection."

Yohji Yamamoto

@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=9160" target="_blank">HelenOfTroy</a>

Oh, I like!

I'm not so keen on the oversized element but mismatched uneven and asymmetric are words that perform for me.

I Just love this!!!

a_4x.jpg

Don't imagine i'll be getting Jim into that outfit though...unless it's for dress up.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

WALMART

Emily Black

Never seen her, but I want moar.