6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Freudian slip???
    Lol, yes! I meant to say fairly.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I tend to keep a lot of the perceptions I have, regarding my understanding of a person, to myself, so *most* friends seem to take solace in the fact that I'm just mentally 'present' & even care to try to 'get' them, on some level. I realize being extremely straighfwd with one's observations is offputting, if not obnoxious. It sets off people's defenses because you're stomping on grounds they did not consciously give you permission to tread on. Depending on the person, they may find this a wonderful quality - to be understood easily - it makes them feel safe with you - but for others, or even just regarding certain information in a given scenario - it will cause people to clam up, naturally. We all do it, to some extent, or another. Patience, and covert ninja skills are key, when it comes to helping certain people feel safe, methinks. I try to remain observant, & mentally walk in tandem with the person, so they eventually, in some way or another, disclose this information, on their own.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Ginkgo

I think some people try not be known because they want to be seen as special (which, paradoxically, stems from a desire to be known in its own right).

In a few cases I've noticed this and it's been a detriment to establishing a relationship of trust once I tell an individual that I'm interested in psychological makeup. At this point, even candidly discussing my own problems seems to be further incriminating as some individuals see my own problems as the cause of my interest in psychological makeup (they have a good point, but are misguided in thinking that I objectify/manipulate them). There are times when I heavily consider abandoning cognitive psychology when I slip up by looking outward with it instead of inward; looking outward toward other people who you're personally tied to tends to cause all sorts of issues in expecting them to be something they're fundamentally not. Behavioral psychology seems to be much more fitting for looking outward, yet I would be just as well off abandoning it as well.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I would imagine that insight into people would help develop, maintain and strengthen relationships. Infact if there is something I would wish for in any relationship it is insight into the other person. Something that should be noted is is that no one would like to have their vulnerabilities exposed/discovered. So it is best to not express your feelings on the vulnerabilities of others but use your insights to read, secretly empathize and not to step on toes.

Of course I could imagine that extremely deep insight into others would make you feel as if you are dealing with immaturities. Now this could hinder your need to interact, lose faith and leave you with feelings of frustration.

I totally disagree with what @highlander had to say.
    I merely explained how it impacts me personally. This is what I said:

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I'm not an NF obviously but if people can figure parts of me out and communicate those things one on one, I admire this.

Edit: Or at the very least, am intrigued.
    You can't disagree with my statement as to how it affects me personally nor do I even understand how your statement above even fully supports that you disagree with me. Maybe you misread my post.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

ReflecTcelfeR

Insight is not blindly stabbing and accidentally hitting a sore spot; part of insight is knowing that it is insight.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    Insight is not blindly stabbing and accidentally hitting a sore spot; part of insight is knowing that it is insight.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    There's a big difference between blindly stabbing and seeing something without all the context. There are times when I can see someone has stuffed feelings about something, but I don't yet know why. Understanding is a process that is not always so easily negotiated. I don't need to blindly stab, nor would I. That seems to imply that I'm either seeking to hurt someone, or I don't know people at all. Neither is true.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

It frightens people. "Why is it that you get the scoop on everyone else, yet no one can have the same on you?" is what I've heard. I think what makes it most upsetting is that we can intuit and feel out things that were meant to be private, even things that they didn't know, with scant information, if any at all. After being around a highly attuned NF, you'll feel how the Wizard felt when his ruse was unveiled.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    It frightens people. "Why is it that you get the scoop on everyone else, yet no one can have the same on you?" is what I've heard. I think what makes it most upsetting is that we can intuit and feel out things that were meant to be private, even things that they didn't know, with scant information, if any at all. After being around a highly attuned NF, you'll feel how the Wizard felt when his ruse was unveiled.
    This.

It took me a while to realize that others didnt *like* this, as I was hurt in turn that others *didnt* do this with me as to me, it was the most natural way to show understanding and love for the other person.

I imagine that it is kind of like how SFJs are capable of keeping track of everyone and keep everything organized and anticipate your needs, even when you don't necessarily *want* them to do so, and feel hurt when it is rejected as well as unloved when you do not at least occasionally attempt to repay the favour

It takes time to realize that the other doesn't love in the same way. And it takes even more time to come to terms with that emotionally.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

It does if we get to grass roots and the core is tainted, the facade peeled away reveals something less than attractive, ugly even. Most often my instincts are to fix but sometimes it is beyond my own capabilities.

There can be periods of confusion though, especially with unhealthy manipulative individuals, where you really want to believe them but your intuition rings out the death knell.

Maybe this can be a difficult time for sx doms especially as mourning has it's own process and sequence.

I'm a sucker for a sob story but will only help if i feel there is true regret and desire for change and i'm quite good as seeing through mirages, lawd knows, i've had plenty experience.

Sometimes though, and these are the moments i live for, the paint stripper reveals an original work of art...happy days.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"