• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] How do NFs view INTJs?

Jgib5328

MBTI Type
INTJ
I realize this is a completely self-absorbed thread, but I am curious. What do you guys think of INTJs?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I realize this is a completely self-absorbed thread, but I am curious. What do you guys think of INTJs?
I tend to get on rather well with them. I appreciate their ideal of making one's effort in life efficient. The systems they create are interesting even though they can be exhausting. They can be quite cute socially also, when they aren't sure how to deal with people who don't make sense.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i highly enjoy a healthy INTJ.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
nah i just really enjoy healthy INTJs :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Hope the most of those a-pain-in-the-neck-NF's do not feel that iNTj's need more than NF's themselves do. For then no team can be created, if actually...

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Yay INTJs!
I tend to get along with them well, mostly because they are open to my somewhat offbeat sense of humor, I can exchange jokes and witticisms with many INTJs and NT's in general comfortably without getting into some sort of heated argument. This is the one temperament that I can actually feel incredibly open with right away, since they tend to either be non-judgmental or so witty that their judging doesn't matter at all! However, this isn't the temperament to talk about feelings with (unless they initiate such a conversation, which actually happens more often than one would think) all the time- like one might do with a Feeling type.
As long as an INTJ isn't so arrogant that his thumb is all the way up his ass (which lowers his actual IQ by 20-30 points immediately according to my standards), INTJs are a pretty cool bunch. :)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I like them, and enjoy their occasionally empathy and advice, and the unusual but sweet way they have of expressing concern. Well, at least I appreciate them as long as they're not acting like rigid, psuedo-logical, bitter, vengeful distortions of INFP's. An unfortunate number of them seem to do so. I guess it happens if they let their Fi corrupt their Te too far.

Hotherym

MBTI Type
INFU
I think half of them are intps that think they are intjs.

I think some of them are INFJs that want to be cold and calculating.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I like them, and enjoy their occasionally empathy and advice, and the unusual but sweet way they have of expressing concern. Well, at least I appreciate them as long as they're not acting like rigid, psuedo-logical, bitter, vengeful distortions of INFP's. An unfortunate number of them seem to do so. I guess it happens if they let their Fi corrupt their Te too far.

Yeah, it can be pretty interesting how Fi-dominated INTJs can be. And unlike most INFPs I know (admittedly not a statistically-significant number), they seem to be largely unaware of the influence Fi has on their thinking/actions. INFPs are always second-guessing themselves; INTJs not so much. On the one hand, this lack of constant second-guessing means INTJs tend to get a hell of a lot more done. On the other hand, it means they don't often seem to re-evaluate their values, or their motives for getting that stuff done.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
But INFJs ARE cold and calculating...

Why would you say that?? Anyway, I'd just remind you you're the ones who are meant to be being examined here, not us.

Yeah, it can be pretty interesting how Fi-dominated INTJs can be. And unlike most INFPs I know (admittedly not a statistically-significant number), they seem to be largely unaware of the influence Fi has on their thinking/actions. INFPs are always second-guessing themselves; INTJs not so much. On the one hand, this lack of constant second-guessing means INTJs tend to get a hell of a lot more done. On the other hand, it means they don't often seem to re-evaluate their values, or their motives for getting that stuff done.

I agree. I know one INTJ who's really bad off because they burned themselves out pushing themselves too hard earlier in life, and now they can't make themselves accomplish anything unless it's related to a personal interest. They're still clever and organized when they do things, but they can't seem to get the motivation to make themselves do anything practical or necessary. They also seem unusually funny, and subtly concerned for an INTJ (but still kind of blunt in an unmistakable way). I can always sense that intensity in INTJ's, but it's usually less aware. So I think that when they are aware of it, it can cripple them in some ways. I really feel sorry for that poor INTJ... they don't ever get to feel competent, and they're so afraid of making a mistake that they can barely bring themselves to act on anything where they'll be judged impersonally. It's like "better to keep your mouth shut and appear foolish than to open it and remove all doubt" taken to the extreme. :doh:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ

It surprises me that it surprises people that INTJs can be --and are usually-- very 'feely' in their motives. Method and implementation, however, not so much. And because they're rarely ones to talk about anything more than absolutely necessary (which includes feelings and motives most of the time), most people don't see any of it. Which... makes it not so surprising.

What I mean is that it surprises me even though it makes a lot of sense.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Why would you say that?? Anyway, I'd just remind you you're the ones who are meant to be being examined here, not us.

Perhaps I should return the favor in the rationale?

Do not be fooled by the friendly exterior! INFJs are the most calculating, dubious types out there...

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
You believe INTJs second-guess themselves more than INFPs do?

I don't think this can be answered because none of us are two people at once. Maybe if I had a INFP spouse or parent I could answer this but sadly I do not.

However, I do find myself second guessing myself quite a bit, at least I think I do more than others around me. For instance I will write a deep email to a close friend and have the need to reread it at least 30 times. Constantly questioning myself if what I wrote is really what I feel, often I write stuff which ends up not agreeing with what I feel.

I think another major 'second-guessing' thing I do, is constantly think of my plans. I think it's an INTJ trait to just make elaborate plans for the few things important in their lives. However I will constantly second guess my plan, gather other's opinions (I use this forum a lot for that), reform and edit the masterplan.

One trait I really hate of myself is that I constantly think of everything that can go wrong with my plan, almost to an obsessive level. This habit seems worse when I am depressed.

Although I do have to admit I may be wrong here because: I am always logical (heh :D) and I make my choices on logic, so most of the time I won't second guess myself. It's more of a half-half thing. I don't question my plans unless superior logic is presented. However, I do question wither or not I can actually carry out that plan.

If that all makes sense... :coffee:

So really, I still have no clue wither or not INTJs question themselves more than INFPs, I have a INFP friend though, and she seems to question herself a lot... :blush: So, I dunno.

I really like INFPs though :wubbie:

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I agree. I know one INTJ who's really bad off because they burned themselves out pushing themselves too hard earlier in life, and now they can't make themselves accomplish anything unless it's related to a personal interest. They're still clever and organized when they do things, but they can't seem to get the motivation to make themselves do anything practical or necessary. They also seem unusually funny, and subtly concerned for an INTJ (but still kind of blunt in an unmistakable way). I can always sense that intensity in INTJ's, but it's usually less aware. So I think that when they are aware of it, it can cripple them in some ways. I really feel sorry for that poor INTJ... they don't ever get to feel competent, and they're so afraid of making a mistake that they can barely bring themselves to act on anything where they'll be judged impersonally. It's like "better to keep your mouth shut and appear foolish than to open it and remove all doubt" taken to the extreme. :doh:

Sounds like an INTJ in depression, been there, are there, done that.