User Tag List

First 123412 Last

I think half of them are intps that think they are intjs.
    I think some of them are INFJs that want to be cold and calculating.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hotherym View Post
    I think some of them are INFJs that want to be cold and calculating.
    But INFJs ARE cold and calculating...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I like them, and enjoy their occasionally empathy and advice, and the unusual but sweet way they have of expressing concern. Well, at least I appreciate them as long as they're not acting like rigid, psuedo-logical, bitter, vengeful distortions of INFP's. An unfortunate number of them seem to do so. I guess it happens if they let their Fi corrupt their Te too far.
    Yeah, it can be pretty interesting how Fi-dominated INTJs can be. And unlike most INFPs I know (admittedly not a statistically-significant number), they seem to be largely unaware of the influence Fi has on their thinking/actions. INFPs are always second-guessing themselves; INTJs not so much. On the one hand, this lack of constant second-guessing means INTJs tend to get a hell of a lot more done. On the other hand, it means they don't often seem to re-evaluate their values, or their motives for getting that stuff done.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    INFPs are always second-guessing themselves; INTJs not so much.
    I beg to differ.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of York View Post
    I beg to differ.
    You believe INTJs second-guess themselves more than INFPs do?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    But INFJs ARE cold and calculating...
    Why would you say that?? Anyway, I'd just remind you you're the ones who are meant to be being examined here, not us.

Yeah, it can be pretty interesting how Fi-dominated INTJs can be. And unlike most INFPs I know (admittedly not a statistically-significant number), they seem to be largely unaware of the influence Fi has on their thinking/actions. INFPs are always second-guessing themselves; INTJs not so much. On the one hand, this lack of constant second-guessing means INTJs tend to get a hell of a lot more done. On the other hand, it means they don't often seem to re-evaluate their values, or their motives for getting that stuff done.
    I agree. I know one INTJ who's really bad off because they burned themselves out pushing themselves too hard earlier in life, and now they can't make themselves accomplish anything unless it's related to a personal interest. They're still clever and organized when they do things, but they can't seem to get the motivation to make themselves do anything practical or necessary. They also seem unusually funny, and subtly concerned for an INTJ (but still kind of blunt in an unmistakable way). I can always sense that intensity in INTJ's, but it's usually less aware. So I think that when they are aware of it, it can cripple them in some ways. I really feel sorry for that poor INTJ... they don't ever get to feel competent, and they're so afraid of making a mistake that they can barely bring themselves to act on anything where they'll be judged impersonally. It's like "better to keep your mouth shut and appear foolish than to open it and remove all doubt" taken to the extreme.

MBTI
    ENFJ

It surprises me that it surprises people that INTJs can be --and are usually-- very 'feely' in their motives. Method and implementation, however, not so much. And because they're rarely ones to talk about anything more than absolutely necessary (which includes feelings and motives most of the time), most people don't see any of it. Which... makes it not so surprising.

What I mean is that it surprises me even though it makes a lot of sense.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Why would you say that?? Anyway, I'd just remind you you're the ones who are meant to be being examined here, not us.
    Perhaps I should return the favor in the rationale?

Do not be fooled by the friendly exterior! INFJs are the most calculating, dubious types out there...

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

You believe INTJs second-guess themselves more than INFPs do?
    I don't think this can be answered because none of us are two people at once. Maybe if I had a INFP spouse or parent I could answer this but sadly I do not.

However, I do find myself second guessing myself quite a bit, at least I think I do more than others around me. For instance I will write a deep email to a close friend and have the need to reread it at least 30 times. Constantly questioning myself if what I wrote is really what I feel, often I write stuff which ends up not agreeing with what I feel.

I think another major 'second-guessing' thing I do, is constantly think of my plans. I think it's an INTJ trait to just make elaborate plans for the few things important in their lives. However I will constantly second guess my plan, gather other's opinions (I use this forum a lot for that), reform and edit the masterplan.

One trait I really hate of myself is that I constantly think of everything that can go wrong with my plan, almost to an obsessive level. This habit seems worse when I am depressed.

Although I do have to admit I may be wrong here because: I am always logical (heh ) and I make my choices on logic, so most of the time I won't second guess myself. It's more of a half-half thing. I don't question my plans unless superior logic is presented. However, I do question wither or not I can actually carry out that plan.

If that all makes sense...

So really, I still have no clue wither or not INTJs question themselves more than INFPs, I have a INFP friend though, and she seems to question herself a lot... So, I dunno.

I really like INFPs though
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

I agree. I know one INTJ who's really bad off because they burned themselves out pushing themselves too hard earlier in life, and now they can't make themselves accomplish anything unless it's related to a personal interest. They're still clever and organized when they do things, but they can't seem to get the motivation to make themselves do anything practical or necessary. They also seem unusually funny, and subtly concerned for an INTJ (but still kind of blunt in an unmistakable way). I can always sense that intensity in INTJ's, but it's usually less aware. So I think that when they are aware of it, it can cripple them in some ways. I really feel sorry for that poor INTJ... they don't ever get to feel competent, and they're so afraid of making a mistake that they can barely bring themselves to act on anything where they'll be judged impersonally. It's like "better to keep your mouth shut and appear foolish than to open it and remove all doubt" taken to the extreme.
    Sounds like an INTJ in depression, been there, are there, done that.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein