• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] How do NFs view INTJs?

S

Sniffles

I've already referenced GK Chesterton here, and I already posted this excerpt in another thread concerning the INFJ mindset. And by Chesterton's terminology, it also deals with my notion of "mystical" arguments:

"Mysticism keeps men sane. As long as you have mystery you have health; when you destroy mystery you create morbidity. The ordinary man has always been sane because the ordinary man has always been a mystic. He has permitted the twilight. He has always had one foot in earth and the other in fairyland. He has always left himself free to doubt his gods; but (unlike the agnostic of to-day) free also to believe in them. He has always cared more for truth than for consistency. If he saw two truths that seemed to contradict each other, he would take the two truths and the contradiction along with them. His spiritual sight is stereoscopic, like his physical sight: he sees two different pictures at once and yet sees all the better for that. Thus he has always believed that there was such a thing as fate, but such a thing as free will also. Thus he believed that children were indeed the kingdom of heaven, but nevertheless ought to be obedient to the kingdom of earth. He admired youth because it was young and age because it was not. It is exactly this balance of apparent contradictions that has been the whole buoyancy of the healthy man. The whole secret of mysticism is this: that man can understand everything by the help of what he does not understand. The morbid logician seeks to make everything lucid, and succeeds in making everything mysterious. The mystic allows one thing to be mysterious, and everything else becomes lucid. The determinist makes the theory of causation quite clear, and then finds that he cannot say "if you please" to the housemaid. The Christian permits free will to remain a sacred mystery; but because of this his relations with the housemaid become of a sparkling and crystal clearness. He puts the seed of dogma in a central darkness; but it branches forth in all directions with abounding natural health."
-- Orthodoxy pg.230​

tereza

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ahh man, if I got paid everytime this happened with the one INTJ girl I knew. LOL!

Yeah, the INTJ I'm close with, once said I was being 'adversarial'. I was like:
:huh:

Wait, a minute? Was I being passive aggressive? Did I have an angry tone? Um what the heck did I say again? And then I remembered that all I had said was, "you do it too".

Seriously, that soft spot scares me. I mean it's great that for some reason I have access to it. But it's near impossible to know when I'm trampling all over it.

snowflurri

MBTI Type
INFP
Well, I do have an INTJ friend so I usually find her extremely knowledgeable and confident, though sometimes a little arrogant because she seems to think that her way is the only way etc.
Otherwise, theyre very logical and scientific and in an argument, they like to use scientific evidence to back themselves up.
INTJs are quite fun to be around and are never boring usually because they know SO MANY THINGS and hence covnersation with them is always interesting.
I always learn something new around an INTJ

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Hm, usually I appreciate XNTJs and especially INTJs, they are one of my favorite types. They can keep their head on their shoulders and are pretty efficient in getting things done, they're pretty much my "backbone" but they can understand my need for space even if I'm very talkative in general. They can show me where I'm railing off in my logic and pin me back on track without that sort of..."crushing" effect that ENTJs or ESTJs/ISTJs have on me.(I sulk a lot ^^ so this reduces the amount of time wasted doing this)
One thing that makes me melt with intjs is that awkwardness that someone mentioned before. You know what they mean, they don't know how to "Express it properly" in the way they wanted too but we love them anyways.
On the bad side...they can be a bit secretive about personal problems...>.>
That drives me insane...I wanna crack their nuts in RL, but they can be quite open on forums on the other.
Overall I appreciate INTJs.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I have a buddy that is an INTJ. And we get along well for the most part. Since we grew up together I think that is why we are so close. If I had just met him a few years ago I would have thought that his reasoning was a bit off. But I know that's just him and one of his many quirks and emotions. Sometimes we do bump heads, but nothing to sweat over.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
generally speaking, I think they make the world go round :) literally though, because without them, order would be too unattainable..but I do one or two INTJs that are a little to critisizing to other people, and can be really stubborn, but other then those two exceptions, I think that all of the types exist in harmony, like the yin and the yang, and make this world a better place, as a whole..so i guess I like every type.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I love my INTJ friends but do very badly with INTJs who are in any kind of position of authority over me.

So, good stuff first -- I enjoy my INTJ friends because they think like me (I'm an INFJ) but their T seems to allow them to have a clearer perspective on things at times (that is, a perspective unhazed by personal feelings on a topic). They're very funny and seem to view life in a sarcastic, humorous way. My INTJ college roommate was going through some rather difficult personal drama but she would just laugh it off and walk around the apartment sighing, "Ahh, my life is a farce." Funny story: I was out with my INTJ friend Emily and her boyfriend and some other people, including this girl we knew who was a terrible, shamless flirt. The girl was hanging all over Emily's boyfriend, not getting the hint that Emily's boyfriend and most of the rest of us found her incredibly annoying. Then the girl sat in Emily's boyfriend's lap and I seriously had a visceral emotional reaction, became angry, and was ready to confront her on Emily's behalf. Yet I was shocked by Emily's reaction. She told me not to bother confronting the girl and in fact just thought the whole thing was riotously funny, and joked with her boyfriend about it later. So there's the difference between a hardcore feeler and a hardcore thinker!

Now the bad stuff -- I had an INTJ boss and an INTJ counselor who were just terrible. I experienced them as very cold and unfeeling, and the fact that they were in a position of power/authority over me made me very uncomfortable and stressed out. With the INTJ boss, nothing I did was good enough. She always focused on negatives and gave no positive feedback for the very hard work (60 hours a week!!) I was doing. (I quit after 5 months and she was sorry then because I had been a total workhorse and she knew she'd be hard-pressed to find better.)

And the counselor -- maybe I am just a crazy feeler, but I got the distinct feeling from the INTJ counselor that she did not care for my personality at all and found me irritating, which was very upsetting for me because normally I am able to get along with people easily. One counseling session while I was trying to relay something that was bothering me, she interrupted me three times in a row to tell me to "shut up" (exact quote) and then told me in so many words that I needed to get over it. (Needless to say I never went back after that.) It's noteworthy that whereas my INTJ friends seemed to have an affection for me, these two did not. Maybe INTJs are warm to those they care about but can be cold to those they are not friends with or who they actively dislike?

Come to think of it, I have noticed a similar trend in ISTJs... The ones who seem to like me can be quite warm and caring, but the ones who dislike me seem to make zero effort to hide their distaste, which as an extroverted feeler I find disconcerting. (I usually make an effort to shield my dislike of people out of simple consideration for their feelings.)

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
My brother is an INTJ and he and I get along pretty well. I don't see him as robotic at all. If anything, he's often more sensitive and emotional than I am. Not on the surface, but underneath.

Sometimes I feel like I'm doing a complicated and intricate dance to make sure I give him the proper support, love, and understanding without accidently hurting his feelings. Occasionally I resent the fact that he doesn't seem to do that as often for me. When he's going through a stressful time, it can be exhausting to be with him becuase his emotions are so demanding of everyone around him.

When things are good, however, he's funny, kind, sweet, thoughtful, generous, and a delight to be around. In general, I perceive him as precious, unique, and rather fragile. His stern criticism of certain things and occasional unmitigated stubbornness strike me as elements of that fragility. I always want to protect him because it feels like he could be easily broken.

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I've got a buddy who is an INTJ, I think he's hilarious. He's very cool headed and witty, and I think that's why I like hanging out with him. You never know whats going to pop out of his mouth. Usually some exceptionally conjugated sentance with three or four words that make the group cock their heads in confusion. Haha, good times...

When he goes off a tyraid about something or other, it usually comes off pretty amusing (at least for me) as long as its doesn't get to the point where its too serious and somebody's feelings get hurt. But he's pretty healthy and knows how to control himself.