User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post

I don't hear that one very often that's for sure!
    Seriously, them and INFJ's turn me on to no end. Think Jodie Foster... and I am not talking about looks here. But that smooth I don't give a rats ass what the world thinks attittude and that mysterious aura they give... oh god I am turned on by just typing it.

Also, brains on a girl are so sexy, and INTJ's are definitely not lacking in that department... most of the time that is.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Ok, as long as it was gentle, personally I never read anything for him, that is why I felt kind of rude, but he was trolling, hence my douche comment.

I guess he is one of the regulars here, unlike me... a plain newb
    I thought you appreciated when INTJs tell it like it is. It's not trolling when it's specifically about the person and accurate.

Familiarity with the people in question would have helped.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    wow when I say "because I feel like it" usually means I don't feel like explaining.
    That is the main reason why INTJs don't like that.
    If the topic is not about something personal some INTJs will even take it as attack on their intelligence.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Weird.

They amuses me.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I thought you appreciated when INTJs tell it like it is. It's not trolling when it's specifically about the person and accurate.

Familiarity with the people in question would have helped.
    {insult removed}
    -MacGuffin
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

What I find uncomfortable when dealing with intj's is

The tunnel vision, it's like a clash of the titans. It's the lack of compromise when their judgments are set. I notice when my brother and father clash they will never compromise. Both rely on their intelligence, both are unwilling to adjust to the other's perspective and dismiss the other as flawed. Then proceed to prove their thinking is right based on their intuition. This can work against them because to be wrong disorients their foundation to such an extent its threatening and will go to extremes to prove it isn't wrong.

Their intuition compensates for this at the expense of conflict that is counter intuitive. The thinking is biased against feelings as an unnecessary function. In stating their proofs their emotional vulnerabilities are locked and undeveloped.

The closer you get to the truth of their logical reality the greater the resistance. It is what their intuition demands of their thinking to visualise a future that will be fixed to exist in the precise manner they have planned in their statistically predictive analysis, sure they compensate for errors but the present is arbitrary.

Emotional intelligence, the tolerance threshold is set to the lowest priority. Their emotional vulnerability is too much to deal with and is viewed as corruption in the face of logic. The weakness then is not knowing or learning how to experience emotions and become far more emotionally fragile and reactionary than you'd think.

Relating well with people is difficult and emotions become annoying for you. And when emotions happen to excess its like the frightened puppy syndrome, criticise when its offensive and play down the value of negotiation and diplomacy. You speak directly that assumes people are able to accept the logic as proof of their flaw. This displaces trust and discussion becomes insincere. The criticism is also a way of showing affection but makes people defensive because it hurts them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I find INTJs not too difficult to deal with when they're more mature. I guess the biggest thing that bugs me would be the assault rifle type questions. It's not even dependent on what selection it's on, whether full auto, three round burst, or semi-auto; the way the question comes tends to be most difficult. The biggest problem with communicating that, however, is that if they haven't come to terms with feeling they end up incapable of seeing it as a problem. Now, as someone who knows there is no ill intent to the question at all (they just want to know) I do my best to remind my emotionality about that and try to reply in kind. By the way, if you want an explanation of my feelings, be prepared for it to be long in coming and possibly flawed since it's possible I'll be trying to explain color to someone with only black and white sight.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ

Just to add on, I don't think I have ever met a Female INTJ that I didn't like. However, I have run into quite a few male INTJs that I didn't care for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

Sniffles

I cannot agree more with the comments concerning "tunnel vision" and "assault rifle type questions" - ROTFL very clever description!

I had a short exchange about this with Liason(INTJ) in her introduction, and she noted that INTJs rarely if ever consider anything outside the realm of logic.

Now I have nothing against logic, but I certainly know there's so much that logic cannot answer. Probably a typical INFJ position, but it seems I can address issues both within logic and outside it. So from my point of view, it seems the INTJ's vision is more limited and narrow compared to mine.

Bluewing talks about this in his INFJ profile, how Fe acts as less a constraint on Ni then Te does. So while INFJs and INTJs are both introverted intuitives, the INFJ is more intuitive by nature.

And this plays itself out time and time again whenever I discuss topics with INTJs. To me it seems they can't grasp the big picture(or rather a wider picture). The INTJ style of argument seems more analytical in style, while the INFJ(or at least myself) seems more "mystical" in style.

Now if the INTJ and INFJ agree with each other, well then you have one hell of a combination. But as enemies, oh brother!

As for the assault rifle style question, again I couldn't agree more. I often compare debating an INTJ to having a cheese grater shoved into my face.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    As for the assault rifle style question, again I couldn't agree more. I often compare debating an INTJ to having a cheese grater shoved into my face.
    I don't know if I'd call them assault rifle style questions. More like sniper rifle questions. Usually you only need one or two to bring the whole thing down. Then again, debating for me can become a blood sport...

I wonder... You know, I've had the opposite experience when arguing with INFJs. They often seem quite pedantic to me.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge