• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP + ENFP = Smothering relationship?

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
My boyfriend and I love eachother very much but I think we kind of overdo it with the affection. We've spent so much time together on Skype that it's kind of losing its magic, and we've only been talking to each other for a couple weeks. (We fell in love within a couple days, typical ENFPs I know :wubbie:) We had a conversation earlier and we both agreed that we need to spend more time apart to make our time together more meaningful and keep things new and interesting.

So my question to the rest of you ENFPs who date other ENFPs is; do you find you spend so much time with your partner that you have to start limiting your time with them so you don't lose the magic?

boondocked

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've done ENFP and ENFP!

We did have to start limiting our time, yes. I guess that's the natural fallout after all that seductive emotional intensity...but introducing a little distance didn't hurt us at all. Even ENFPs need to cool heels :D.

We actually found the most relief, though, by hanging together with other people. When we were with friends, we couldn't afford to just fall into the boiling cauldron of shared Fi (as fun as that is)...we had to engage with others. And their ideas, perspectives, and conversations fueled the Ne engine, distracting us from being too caught up in each other.

It sounds as if hanging together with friends isn't possible for you, if you're communicating primarily by Skype? If that's the case, then I'd guess limiting time spent a bit wouldn't hurt :). Maybe even playing video games or something like that together would help...after all, that's a shared experience that could bring you closer, without the emotional context which could wear anybody out if its constant.

Have fun! :hug:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've done ENFP and ENFP!

We did have to start limiting our time, yes. I guess that's the natural fallout after all that seductive emotional intensity...but introducing a little distance didn't hurt us at all. Even ENFPs need to cool heels :D.

We actually found the most relief, though, by hanging together with other people. When we were with friends, we couldn't afford to just fall into the boiling cauldron of shared Fi (as fun as that is)...we had to engage with others. And their ideas, perspectives, and conversations fueled the Ne engine, distracting us from being too caught up in each other.

It sounds as if hanging together with friends isn't possible for you, if you're communicating primarily by Skype? If that's the case, then I'd guess limiting time spent a bit wouldn't hurt :). Maybe even playing video games or something like that together would help...after all, that's a shared experience that could bring you closer, without the emotional context which could wear anybody out if its constant.

Have fun! :hug:

I'll need to try that sometime…

S

Stansmith

Lol, I feel like we'd be on a manic adventure for a week straight until we crash

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What an exciting idea! The beautiful thing is that you both have what it takes to recognize your need to cool off a little, discuss it, and be open to trying various solutions. I've never dated an ENFP, but I kind of wish I had. I've always looked for NTJs though. I sometimes don't trust myself with my strong perceiving preference, and for some reason am attracted to guys who will indulge me intellectually, but will be able to help me out with navigating my way through life. It might be fun to get lost with another ENFP though! I would just be afraid of spinning out of control.

That said, I'm kind of overly paranoid about my inability to function. So I might be way off.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What an exciting idea! The beautiful thing is that you both have what it takes to recognize your need to cool off a little, discuss it, and be open to trying various solutions. I've never dated an ENFP, but I kind of wish I had. I've always looked for NTJs though. I sometimes don't trust myself with my strong perceiving preference, and for some reason am attracted to guys who will indulge me intellectually, but will be able to help me out with navigating my way through life. It might be fun to get lost with another ENFP though! I would just be afraid of spinning out of control.

That said, I'm kind of overly paranoid about my inability to function. So I might be way off.
I have an ENTP girlfriend, and I've found that nice…