User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Again that question: am I really INFJ or actually INTJ?

1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Cecile View Post
    Okay. So this is the test (among others, but I liked this one best) that I based my initial INFJ on: I made the test again just now and this was my score:

Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(75%) iNtuitive Feeling(50%) Judging(67%)
    You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
    You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
    You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
    You have distinctive preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

I also made the Keys2Cognition test again. This was my score:
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ********* (9.3)
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.7)
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************* (43.9)
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************************** (41)
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.7)
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************** (22.6)
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************ (36)
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.6)
    Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP
    If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INFJ

On the way back from the supermarket I thought about personal development and the way Dom & Aux etc develop throughout your life. Maybe telling something about my personal development will help.
    • When I was a child I was a nearly carefree spirit: being quite intelligent school was nothing but a playground. I had a very vivid group of imaginary friends though and an uncontrollable urge to imagine endlessly and express myself through writing & drawing. I enjoyed playing on my own most of the time dealing with one of my many 'projects', though having one (!) friend come over was nice as well. In groups of children I was always the one with tearful tantrums. Other things that upset me were my parents fighting and behaviour that was clearly 'unjust' in my eyes.
    • At age 10 to 16 or so I was still very preoccupied with fantasy & justice. I had imaginary boyfriends in such an intense way that they weren't just teenage fantasies, but actual relationships in some parallel world. In real life I kissed for the first time at 13, assumed that meant we would be together, assumed wrong as he was just playing around, and that instantly changed my view on love & men forever. I also warned half the world about him to protect other girls from this cruel immoral behaviour (hey, I was 13). This was also around the time that I wanted to study law and become a lawyer: to help others with justice & intelligence and become rich along the way ;p.
    • Between 16 and 24/25 I started to discover the concept of truth. It never occured to me that ultimate truth was interesting at all, I always believed in 6 billion truths existing simultaneously, kinda like "I don't care what the real truth is, this is my personal truth." But all of a sudden I was intrigued by this concept. I started to study History of Art and wanted to be a journalist. Discover and distribute the ultimate truth. In the meantime I was in an abusive relationship (age 16 to 21) which absolutely sucked and let to depression but I just couldn't let go out of loyalty and a misplaced feeling of 'This is what I choose, I can't go back now'. At age 24 or something my best friend suddenly went completely fundamentalist-science-based-Dawkins-loving in such a way that I couldn't even express a hypothetical theory just to play around with thoughts without her demanding 'scientific proof, double blind, now!'. That shocked me out of my truth-seeking. I went back to believing in 6 billion truths existing simultaneously. Who cares about truth anyway as long as we get along?
    • Since 25 (I'm now 30) I focus on structured improvement / progress. I like dealing with projects, structuring stuff (not the details though) and improving processes (and people). I enjoy educating people, if possible through writing (I used to be a self-employed copywriter for a while). I need independance. I need justice. I need people to stop annoying each other and just get on with things that are more important. People can be so stupid and tiring... Something I would like for myself is to develop my physical side. I'm not very much in touch with my body (my body is a tool, not a friend). I'm so used to living in my mind that physical things take place in my mind as well. For instance, I experience things like hunger & sex in my brain, not in my body.

While I'm writing this I'm somewhat convincing myself of my INFJ-ness. I'm very curious whether other INFJ's have similar experiences. (or whether this is INTJ or something else after all). The one thing that I don't recognize in Fe is the focus on the 'group'. I very much dislike 'groups'. I've actually been known to sabotage and break up groups so that everybody was an individual again. But maybe that's my introverted side and not so much my lack of extraverted feeling.

Also, I see Loki has replied during the time I was writing my reply. I'll check those links. Thanks!
    You sound very INFJ like (I'm also 1w2!) over INTJ. I don't identify with "the group" either. I think that's more SJ style Fe. I do expect people to try to make their actions work for the majority of the people around them that they are dealing with if it doesn't involve going against any inner moral code of theirs, but that's probably the most "groupy" I get.

6w7 so/sx
    EII Ne

I echo INFJ based on the comments you've made ("I would love to give you a trazillion examples of my actions and underlying motives to help you decide whether I'm Fe/Ti or Te/Fi, but I believe it might disturb your objectivy" seems very Ni/Fe ; "I'm simply not sure how to respond to your boldness" and "Who cares about truth anyway as long as we get along?" don't seem like something that would ever come out of an INTJ, lol) as well as your initial description.

Just to bump off what fidelia said, I don't even know that my ESFJ 2w1 mom really identifies with "the group" either. I think I might feel that more than her - probably my Enneagram 6. Mom is one hell of a social navigation expert though, that's for sure - no doubt she's Fe dominant. She's very good at using persuasion techniques to engage members of groups to work together and she's very good at understanding and utilizing the "network" within the group - she has brilliant insight into interpersonal issues - and @Cecile your "sabotaging" of groups sounds like a Fe technique. As an ENFP I don't have the faintest idea how one would even go about doing that, much less has it ever crossed my mind!

Member Array

@Istbkleta: teehee, right you are! I can identify with nearly every I-prayer though. Not the E-ones. But that's a true perfectionist I guess, I want to fix 8 flaws, not 1
    @fidelia: I've been reading a lot of your posts and I can usually identify with what you're saying/feeling. Your reply about 'groups' as well.
    @skylights: sabotaging a group comes naturally if it's necessary. Which, luckily, it hardly ever is. I've done it twice and both times because I could sense that the group was bringing out the worst in the group members and was making some of them really unhappy.

I think we all agree that I should stop doubting my INFJ-ness
    Thank you all.
    Am still curious why that T-part of me demands so much attention. Is that what is called Ni-Ti-looping?

Edit: did some research. I think this entire thread is one big Ni-Ti-looping Cecile example