• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] XNFPs are you dependable?

R

Riva

As friends are you dependable?

What are your strong points, weaknesses etc.

Go.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're NTP. What, no Ti definition of dependable? Really???

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I forget things a lot, but I'm loyal. I try to be dependable.

(XNXX- I could be NFP, right?)

R

Riva

You're NTP. What, no Ti definition of dependable? Really???

I don't want to put my opinion on the OP. I want xNFPs to define their version of dependability themselves. What are their limitations, strong points etc.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't want to put my opinion on the OP. I want xNFPs to define their version of dependability themselves. What are their limitations, strong points etc.

:ninja:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They are true to their Fi values though those values may or may not involve loyalty.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I need to be.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm only over 90% dependable with school and work. Everything else I forget and loose track of. But to be fair, I'm used to not depending on anyone else. Do NFP's like to depend on people? I try to avoid it if at all possible, and I avoid commitment.

Edit: Oh hold on, I didn't read carefully. The OP said "as friends." So as friends...I guess I'm dependable if people remind me about things and they don't mind me running late sometimes. But I still kind of tend to forget about people if they're not in front of me or I don't see them all the time.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sort of? Ish?

For things i deem important, with a 7 minute grace period for lateness.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm loyal. I'm reliable. I am NOT dependable.

I'll be there if you have a crisis, if you need to talk, if you need a shoulder to cry on. But I won't be on time for appointments, I won't respond to your emails (unless there is a problem), I won't answer my phone when you want me to, nor text you back and I will not stay in touch unless I somehow naturally am part of your life. I will always be happy to see you, but I will not bring you soup when you are sick, unless you request it, then I'll be over in a flash. I will move heaven and earth and rearrange my entire schedule if you call me at 3 am in the morning coz life kicked you in the teeth.

...but I will not live up to any common, daily life expectations you may place on me.

(this is the standard warning I give all people who want to befriend me)

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm loyal. I'm reliable. I am NOT dependable.

I'll be there if you have a crisis, if you need to talk, if you need a shoulder to cry on. But I won't be on time for appointments, I won't respond to your emails (unless there is a problem), I won't answer my phone when you want me to, nor text you back and I will not stay in touch unless I somehow naturally am part of your life. I will always be happy to see you, but I will not bring you soup when you are sick, unless you request it, then I'll be over in a flash. I will move heaven and earth and rearrange my entire schedule if you call me at 3 am in the morning coz life kicked you in the teeth.

...but I will not live up to any common, daily life expectations you may place on me.

(this is the standard warning I give all people who want to befriend me)

how do you differenciate reliable and dependable ?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Dependable on daily things and activities? Not so much.. I try to be, Im careful with how I word things. "Maybe" "I will see if I can" "Id like that." But I try not to give definite timelines unless I think I will be there for sure. If I give a timeline, expect me to be an hour late sometimes. :shrug: Im no good at judging those things. I've been getting better with age.

Dependable on bigger things? I feel there are few people in my social circle as loyal as I am to my friends. Some people are very laid back about their friendships, which I enjoy.. it is a different perspective. But I take it very seriously.

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I've learned the hard way to be dependable. I've lost friends because of my tardiness, and I've been pissed with people who've been tardy, too. I've also learned from my job that you get points for being on time or early for meetings, and for being consistent.

Being prompt etc. is a habit that can be learned. I've learned to only promise to do something if I'm reasonably certain I'll do it. But there are times (much less often now) where I will forgo something because I don't feel in the right mood. As an introvert, sometimes I am tired and not in the mood to be with people.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Reread the paragraph you quoted.

I got what you said, but the definitions of the terms dependable and reliable I know of doesn't seem to support your different uses for them.
After all if people cannot depend on you in things that matter to them then that does not make you dependable or reliable to them independantly from your selected fields of dependability. I'm not attacking you btw : P just discussing the relativity of such ideas

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got what you said, but the definitions of the terms dependable and reliable I know of doesn't seem to support your different uses for them.
After all if people cannot depend on you in things that matter to them then that does not make you dependable or reliable to them independantly from your selected fields of dependability. I'm not attacking you btw : P just discussing the relativity of such ideas

*rubs temples, reminds herself she asked for this*

loyal: holds other person in high regard and will help them out and support them
reliable: can be relied on to be there in time of crisis and need for support
dependable: can be depended upon to get shit done and to live up to specific expectations and get the job done in a predictable way.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
*rubs temples, reminds herself she asked for this*

loyal: holds other person in high regard and will help them out and support them
reliable: can be relied on to be there in time of crisis and need for support
dependable: can be depended upon to get shit done and to live up to specific expectations and get the job done in a predictable way.
(and yeah the term loyal was never in dispute)
sources?