First 12345 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    (and yeah the term loyal was never in dispute)
    sources?
    My Fi.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Yes. If I agree to something, I will do it. If I can't do it, I won't agree to do it.

Like greenfairy said, I can be forgetful, but I have multiple safety nets built in so I won't flake out on stuff, because being dependable is important to me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    My Fi.
    As far as I know data doesnt seem to back your Fi up.

the only diff i can see so far is that dependable seems to be more used to describe people and reliable: things.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    As far as I know data doesnt seem to back your Fi up.

the only diff i can see so far is that dependable seems to be more used to describe people while reliable things.
    Then just disregard my contribution in this thread. There should be enough here to still have enough data for the conclusion of the OP.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Then just disregard my contribution in this thread. There should be enough here to still have enough data for the conclusion of the OP.
    I thought the distinction you laid out was a useful one, whether or not it's represented in the formal definition of the terms. I certainly related to your post personally.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I related with @Amargith's post, too, even though our specifications are a little different. I personally interpret dependability as whether you can be counted on; reliability as whether you will follow through; and loyalty as whether you will continue to support someone/thing regardless of what others think.

By my own definitions, I would say I am moderately dependable, very reliable, and very loyal but only to those who are very close to me. The key to making me trustworthy in general is getting me to formally agree to a formal event or role - clear date, time, game plan, responsibilities. Anything casual I'm going to deal with mostly on my own terms and you can forget spur-of-the-moment dependability entirely unless you're a really close friend. On the other hand, if you are a close friend, close family, or my significant other, I will drop almost anything immediately to be with you or help you.

My most significant weakness in terms of dependability is probably that I REALLY prioritize people hierarchically, and very much avoid making plans with more distant relations to leave opportunity for plans with SO, family, or best friends. I'll usually only use the time when my highest-ranking people are unavailable to make plans with the lower-ranking. I tend to run 5-10 minutes late for casual or spur-of-the-moment plans - I'm not the best time guesstimator - and I am likely to get distracted and ditch internet conversations for long periods of time. With email conversations and PMs, I get in too deep too fast, realize I'm not ready to commit, and then go running for the hills. I apologize if I've done that to anyone who's reading this!

My strongest point is probably that I am very good with formalized plans. I am a good planner and coordinator, good at fulfilling my responsibilities, good at taking on my fair share and then some as needed, good about being early to prep, good at putting in effort, good at following through, and good at maintaining communication throughout. I will never ditch during or just before a planned event, I'm tactful, good at handling a wide range of social situations, and level-headed in a crisis. I really hate dumping work on other people and tend to be a workaholic (which is sort of a double-edged sword because that can cut into time with my SO and family). And contrary to FP stereotype, during the in-between times, I am good with keeping in regular contact. Even if that is mostly because I enjoy Facebook stalking so much.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

One of my closest friends from college is ENFP, and I feel the process of keeping up with her over the years since graduation is fairly indicative of my experience with NFP dependability. It can be utterly maddening keeping up with her because she regularly forgets or stands me up for phone dates, drops out in the middle of text conversations, and can take ages to reply to Facebook messages or emails. But the thing about her is that I know if I had a real problem, or was genuinely concerned about something, there's no one who'd be more supportive. So I think it comes down to how you define "dependable". NFPs can be flakey when it comes to action. They like being able to say "yes", but aren't necessarily keen on follow through. But in terms of loyalty/having your back in a given situation, there's few to none who surpass them.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I am very dependable at work. I'm considered the 'smart guy'. Everyone comes to me for issues they can't resolve by themselves.
    I suppose it would be nice for some to live in a simplified world were everything and every human action could be contained and predicted based by a 4 letter code, but reality doesn't work that way.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Don't know. If dependable means that I will appear when it was planned that we would meet up somewhere or so, then I am not dependable if it was a plan I was not comfortable with in the first place and only agreed on because of pressure.

If someone asked me for help and I said I would help or if they invite me to something I agreed on immediately, then I stick to it. If it in general is something I know I can help with, I will always help.

When I come to a set meeting, then I never come late.

More things I don't find to talk about.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

dependable comes from dependant. People who tell you that you aint dependable, aint independent. No good friends for me those would be more like kids I need to care for.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]