User Tag List

First 1234 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I'm only over 90% dependable with school and work. Everything else I forget and loose track of. But to be fair, I'm used to not depending on anyone else. Do NFP's like to depend on people? I try to avoid it if at all possible, and I avoid commitment.

Edit: Oh hold on, I didn't read carefully. The OP said "as friends." So as friends...I guess I'm dependable if people remind me about things and they don't mind me running late sometimes. But I still kind of tend to forget about people if they're not in front of me or I don't see them all the time.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

Sort of? Ish?

For things i deem important, with a 7 minute grace period for lateness.
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I'm loyal. I'm reliable. I am NOT dependable.

I'll be there if you have a crisis, if you need to talk, if you need a shoulder to cry on. But I won't be on time for appointments, I won't respond to your emails (unless there is a problem), I won't answer my phone when you want me to, nor text you back and I will not stay in touch unless I somehow naturally am part of your life. I will always be happy to see you, but I will not bring you soup when you are sick, unless you request it, then I'll be over in a flash. I will move heaven and earth and rearrange my entire schedule if you call me at 3 am in the morning coz life kicked you in the teeth.

...but I will not live up to any common, daily life expectations you may place on me.

(this is the standard warning I give all people who want to befriend me)
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I'm loyal. I'm reliable. I am NOT dependable.

I'll be there if you have a crisis, if you need to talk, if you need a shoulder to cry on. But I won't be on time for appointments, I won't respond to your emails (unless there is a problem), I won't answer my phone when you want me to, nor text you back and I will not stay in touch unless I somehow naturally am part of your life. I will always be happy to see you, but I will not bring you soup when you are sick, unless you request it, then I'll be over in a flash. I will move heaven and earth and rearrange my entire schedule if you call me at 3 am in the morning coz life kicked you in the teeth.

...but I will not live up to any common, daily life expectations you may place on me.

(this is the standard warning I give all people who want to befriend me)
    how do you differenciate reliable and dependable ?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    how do you differenciate reliable and dependable ?
    Reread the paragraph you quoted.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Dependable on daily things and activities? Not so much.. I try to be, Im careful with how I word things. "Maybe" "I will see if I can" "Id like that." But I try not to give definite timelines unless I think I will be there for sure. If I give a timeline, expect me to be an hour late sometimes. Im no good at judging those things. I've been getting better with age.

Dependable on bigger things? I feel there are few people in my social circle as loyal as I am to my friends. Some people are very laid back about their friendships, which I enjoy.. it is a different perspective. But I take it very seriously.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5

Yes, I've learned the hard way to be dependable. I've lost friends because of my tardiness, and I've been pissed with people who've been tardy, too. I've also learned from my job that you get points for being on time or early for meetings, and for being consistent.

Being prompt etc. is a habit that can be learned. I've learned to only promise to do something if I'm reasonably certain I'll do it. But there are times (much less often now) where I will forgo something because I don't feel in the right mood. As an introvert, sometimes I am tired and not in the mood to be with people.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Reread the paragraph you quoted.
    I got what you said, but the definitions of the terms dependable and reliable I know of doesn't seem to support your different uses for them.
    After all if people cannot depend on you in things that matter to them then that does not make you dependable or reliable to them independantly from your selected fields of dependability. I'm not attacking you btw : P just discussing the relativity of such ideas
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I got what you said, but the definitions of the terms dependable and reliable I know of doesn't seem to support your different uses for them.
    After all if people cannot depend on you in things that matter to them then that does not make you dependable or reliable to them independantly from your selected fields of dependability. I'm not attacking you btw : P just discussing the relativity of such ideas
    *rubs temples, reminds herself she asked for this*

loyal: holds other person in high regard and will help them out and support them
    reliable: can be relied on to be there in time of crisis and need for support
    dependable: can be depended upon to get shit done and to live up to specific expectations and get the job done in a predictable way.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

*rubs temples, reminds herself she asked for this*

loyal: holds other person in high regard and will help them out and support them
    reliable: can be relied on to be there in time of crisis and need for support
    dependable: can be depended upon to get shit done and to live up to specific expectations and get the job done in a predictable way.
    (and yeah the term loyal was never in dispute)
    sources?

... In theory.