User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Default Do people have friends who are a similar type?

Hi
    I've read before that people generally get on better with types similar to them, but I'm not sure that's true of me. I seem to have had a lot of friends who are dominant sensing types....
    What about everyone else?

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaaa View Post
    Hi
    I've read before that people generally get on better with types similar to them, but I'm not sure that's true of me. I seem to have had a lot of friends who are dominant sensing types....
    What about everyone else?
    I get along best with esfp's which also are dom Se types. I don't meet to many people that are Te dom or even Ni dom. The Ni doms I meet though I get along with as soon as they realize I'm in it for the long haul. I don't need that with an esfp, they are very accepting when I first meet them so they're the easiest for me to get along with because we both show ourselves easily and get to know each other fast.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

My friends are mostly SPs from soccer though there are a few NT and SJ friends though mostly not from soccer and NF is just completely off both lists!

The most common type of the people I am friends with is probably ESTP which makes sense since that is my favorite type. ESTPs are such adventuresome and fun people and my weak i and n along with strong T and P makes my type quite similar to theirs.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Most of my friends that I've known for a long time are SJ. I get along fine with them but always felt a bid like they all probably think I'm a weirdo.

Lately I've met several NP people from some activities that I've done (activities that I have chosen, not ones forced upon me like high school). We seem to "get each other" better and have similar interests and sense of humor. Makes sense that I met them how I did since we had to have at least one similar interest to meet in the first place.

At work I find I really hit it off with other NPs and I also get along well with SJs. SPs pretty well. NJs I have a lot of trouble understanding at times.

Enneagram
    9w8

I think I have friends of all type. Most of them are S of one form or another, but that's just because there seem to be a lot more S around here. They tell me that I make their heads hurt, so I've been trying to behave myself.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

If online descriptions are any indicator, then I'm "supposed" to get along best with other Sensors -- but most of my friends are iNtuitive. The vast majority of my close friends are NFs, then NTs, then one or two SPs. My only close friends with similar types to me are my dad (INTP, with Ne/Si in common), and my ENFP friend from high school (same functions, different order).

I also generally don't befriend other Enneagram Ones, but I have lots of friends who are 9w1, 2w1, 2w3, or 3w2. Recently I made an ENTJ 8w9 friend, but I'm not all that close with him.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I have mix of every type. Closest friends/who i prefer to hang with are ESTP (best male friend) ENFP and INFJ (best female friends) and ISFJ (best friend with benefits. Whatever it is. Its effortless and fun).
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Think about it for a second, OP. If you take MBTI out of it for a second, what would you think of someone who surrounded themselves with nothing but...themselves (or the closest they could get?)

I would think there was something fucking wrong with them.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Cool, thanks guys.
    My best friend is an ISTJ-not exactly a type mine's associated with-but we actually have loads of stuff in common, like writing stories, although our styles are completley different and it was kind of interesting seeing how they blended when we tried to write a joint story. I've also been best friends with an ESTP and an ESFP before. Usually when I meet intuitive types we get on really well-but we never seem to quite become defined "friends" in the same way and end up drifting apart. Oh well.
    Apart from my immediate family, who are all intuitive types.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

My closest friends are ENTP, INFJ, and INxJ, so not really any trends there. My other friends don't matter that much plus I don't know if I know them well enough to guess their type, but I'm guessing there is a variety.
    -end of thread-