User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 11

  1. #1
    Senior Member SubtleFighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    260

    Default ENFJs and Friendliness

    ENFJs are generally known to have a friendly demeanor toward everyone they meet. For the ENFJs out there, I'm wondering how you would act differently toward someone who you're trying to start a friendship with. For instance, would you ever tell someone that you should get a coffee or a meal sometime and not really mean it? And if so, how would you let them know that you do mean it?

    In general, do you know of any signs that you give off that you want to start a friendship with someone and that it's not just general friendliness?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

    . . . metamorphosing . . .

  2. #2
    I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Why do you ask? Hmmmmm.... *rubs hands together*
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

  3. #3
    Senior Member IceBlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ? sx/so
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    For instance, would you ever tell someone that you should get a coffee or a meal sometime and not really mean it? And if so, how would you let them know that you do mean it?
    YES, DEFINETELY YES. They are experts in making you think they like you when in reality they don't. At least with the all ENFJs I know, all women.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Neutralpov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    EnfJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceBlock View Post
    YES, DEFINETELY YES. They are experts in making you think they like you when in reality they don't. At least with the all ENFJs I know, all women.


    Lol bitter ENFP in the wake of the enfjs. Don't you like the intense emotional experience!? Funny thing is in my life the ENFPs were the ones who couldn't handle it in the end.
    I wish I was a man sometimes because I am excellent at initiating and not afraid of rejection (or falling flat on my face to risk something I want). To be honest sometimes I mention coffee, emailing to be polite and this might be a big southern thing but you can tell if I mean it by my eyes. I also pursue people, I mean only an enfj has the fortitude to drag down an intp with friendliness-wrapped intensity :-D

    I often miss that other people want to get coffee with me or get together because they don't follow up on their words. If you don't follow up, step up...on to the next. I guess in that sense I am aware that I can easily find someone else or an existing friend unfortunately. I also don't get the subtle infp or infj posts like this. Why not show you want to be a friend? Step out in life to get the rewards! If it isn't expressed we won't register it. I would love an infj friend.
    Extroverted (E) 67.74% Introverted (I) 32.26%
    Intuitive (N) 51.72% Sensing (S) 48.28%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 69.44% Perceiving (P) 30.56%

    Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||||| 83%
    so/sx/sp

  5. #5
    Senior Member ms.behaving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    ENFJs are generally known to have a friendly demeanor toward everyone they meet. For the ENFJs out there, I'm wondering how you would act differently toward someone who you're trying to start a friendship with. For instance, would you ever tell someone that you should get a coffee or a meal sometime and not really mean it? And if so, how would you let them know that you do mean it?n

    In general, do you know of any signs that you give off that you want to start a friendship with someone and that it's not just general friendliness?
    I do not lead people on like that. When I say I want to get together, I want to rock your world,

    The pressing question,. how would you know I meant it? I would text or call...befriend you on Facebook.
    - MB

  6. #6
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    ENFJs aren't always the best with follow up.... if they don't like you, they wouldn't have bothered inviting you in the first place. I am horrible with being responsive to people sometimes but it usually doesn't mean I dislike them.. more stress or a lot on my mind... I am worse than my ENFP sis on this front. @IceBlock, you surely have it out for ENFJs...whoo doggies.

  7. #7
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neutralpov View Post
    I also pursue people, I mean only an enfj has the fortitude to drag down an intp with friendliness-wrapped intensity :-D
    True story.
    Met one that was fairly aggressive, yet extremely tactful. Her rhythm was much faster than mine, but I didn't tell her to slow down... I just submitted lol.

    /macho

  8. #8
    Senior Member ms.behaving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    ENFJs aren't always the best with follow up.... if they don't like you, they wouldn't have bothered inviting you in the first place. I am horrible with being responsive to people sometimes but it usually doesn't mean I dislike them.. more stress or a lot on my mind... I am worse than my ENFP sis on this front. @IceBlock, you surely have it out for ENFJs...whoo doggies.
    I am pretty darn responsive, even gifted there, but I agree with you that I would not bother inviting someone I do not like to go to an event with me.
    - MB

  9. #9
    Senior Member Neutralpov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    EnfJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    True story.
    Met one that was fairly aggressive, yet extremely tactful. Her rhythm was much faster than mine, but I didn't tell her to slow down... I just submitted lol.

    /macho
    lol
    Extroverted (E) 67.74% Introverted (I) 32.26%
    Intuitive (N) 51.72% Sensing (S) 48.28%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 69.44% Perceiving (P) 30.56%

    Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||||| 83%
    so/sx/sp

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Posts
    15

    Default

    I'm an sx/so Fe(Ni) 3. (ENFJ) and when I say "Let's go out for coffee" I do because I want to. It's not like all ENFJ's are "hey I love you (no i don't)" but maybe we overreact and are overly touchy-feely and lead people on to thinking we like them more than they do, just a little bit.. But then it's more because we're not sure than that we are intentionally manipulating people. Oh, and sometimes I suck at following up. Like I invited this girl for coffee but then she never responded and I didn't either.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFJ] What's the difference between ENFJ and INFJ?
    By Glycerine in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 08:19 PM
  2. [ENFJ] ENFJ and ISTP--how can that work?
    By grendiecat in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 12:57 PM
  3. [ENFJ] ENFJ and Groups
    By SpottingTrains in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 01:34 PM
  4. [ENFJ] ENFJs and Criticism
    By SpottingTrains in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 09:12 PM
  5. [ENFJ] Angry/hurt ENFJs and passive-aggressiveness
    By Harlow_Jem in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 11:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO