• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Can you relate to or identify with me?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
It would be interesting, Jen, to hear how you view yourself. We started doing the Johari/Nohari windows again over on another site and it always is so interesting to see how I perceive someone vs how they perceive themselves inside.
I did it and think it's a great idea. :)
Great idea ! Those appeared to be great tools for learning how you come off to people! I think it only works knowing who sees/says what and them being open to feedback concerning their observations/insights. I would hold very little value lets say in a noob vs. someone who has hung out with me on a forum for a couple of years. You appear to have a fairly thick skin so this could be a great option. I would be happy to participate and own up.
Agreed. I mean we all have positive and negative qualities and as mentioned earlier I think constructive criticism can be useful.

Even though I will be meeting you soon I can give you what I think so far. I relate to you in many cases but I feel that's because we are in similar life circumstances raising a family & working. In personality/behavior I do not understand you as well really. We see 'issues' as a general rule quite differently. I don't have the same troubles with most of the other XNFJ points of view. I've summed this up (in thinking on it previously) that you are 'very J' which I think Athenian is as well. I think this could also be a reason why you two rub each other the wrong way at times! I don't know how you score on tests but that is what I get. I'm not a strong J so I think this could be one of the reasons I don't relate as well. Please keep in mind I'm just generalizing and offering what little I can get from you on a forum/ventrilo.
Great use of Ne there L4. ;) I mean I don't dislike Athenian and do see that we share some views on things possibly because we are very judgmental.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The question to this thread, "Can you relate to or identify with me?" isn't like, "Does this forum make me look fat?" is it?

Are you saying I look fat???!!!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
You have been a very straight-forward and strong support for me over the last year and I have so much appreciated it. I admit, though, that I don't intuitively understand you like I do with some other people, and that bums me out because I really like you and am disappointed I can't quite sync up; I feel like I keep misinterpreting what you mean when you say things.
Oh that's okay. I mean I can be friends with pretty much anyone as long as they don't annoy me and you don't annoy me too badly. ;) I like Sub a lot too but we don't really have that much common. knowwhatimsaying? With me, what you see is pretty much what you get. I don't play games and usually just tell it like it is. Was I always that way? No, but I am older and don't have time for shit.
I relate to your humanity, especially when I spoke to you on the phone. I think you're a great wife and mother, and I relate to the food thing too. Me and food, trying to be friends. You and food, same thing. Me and exercise, wanna get back into it. You too.
Thanks :) Food and I are good friends. I've tried to pick fights with it but it just doesn't seem to take well to hints. As for the gym, I love it and have been going every day.:smile:
Plus, you're nice to look at. We totally have that in common.
:wubbie: *blush* Thank you.

heart

heart on fire
Reading the whole thread, as a person who does not know you well, I am led to wonder if you use this judgmental thing, seeing people as stupid, pitiful, etc. is really a way to keep emotional distance between you and others because you are afraid of closeness for some reason.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Reading the whole thread, as a person who does not know you well, I am led to wonder if you use this judgmental thing, seeing people as stupid, pathetic, etc. is really a way to keep emotional distance between you and others because you are afraid of closeness for some reason.
Interesting, but I'm not so sure. I have the ability to be close to people and am very close to my Husband and kids. I do have several friends from my past that I keep in touch with. As for others, I am more of a loner and have never kept in close contact with friends or acquaintances as I prefer to move on to the next phase in life without any hassles. Call it what you will, I just don't get that attached.

As for relating to or identifying with you, I believe we share similar morals and ethics. I have agreed with you on more than one occasion and admire your intelligence.

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
Thanks. That's a great movie btw.People more often times than not really annoy me. Is how you feel?

I thought Idiocracy was great too. Great concept. Very funny sometimes too. Especially cause the main character is so powerless over all the idiocy. Very familiar. It's alsmot like a parody of my own life. Eventhough I can be an idiot myself in certain aspects ;)