User Tag List

First 345

Results 41 to 46 of 46

  1. #41
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

    It would be interesting, Jen, to hear how you view yourself. We started doing the Johari/Nohari windows again over on another site and it always is so interesting to see how I perceive someone vs how they perceive themselves inside.
    I did it and think it's a great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    Great idea ! Those appeared to be great tools for learning how you come off to people! I think it only works knowing who sees/says what and them being open to feedback concerning their observations/insights. I would hold very little value lets say in a noob vs. someone who has hung out with me on a forum for a couple of years. You appear to have a fairly thick skin so this could be a great option. I would be happy to participate and own up.
    Agreed. I mean we all have positive and negative qualities and as mentioned earlier I think constructive criticism can be useful.

    Even though I will be meeting you soon I can give you what I think so far. I relate to you in many cases but I feel that's because we are in similar life circumstances raising a family & working. In personality/behavior I do not understand you as well really. We see 'issues' as a general rule quite differently. I don't have the same troubles with most of the other XNFJ points of view. I've summed this up (in thinking on it previously) that you are 'very J' which I think Athenian is as well. I think this could also be a reason why you two rub each other the wrong way at times! I don't know how you score on tests but that is what I get. I'm not a strong J so I think this could be one of the reasons I don't relate as well. Please keep in mind I'm just generalizing and offering what little I can get from you on a forum/ventrilo.
    Great use of Ne there L4. I mean I don't dislike Athenian and do see that we share some views on things possibly because we are very judgmental.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  2. #42
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    The question to this thread, "Can you relate to or identify with me?" isn't like, "Does this forum make me look fat?" is it?
    Are you saying I look fat???!!!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  3. #43
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You have been a very straight-forward and strong support for me over the last year and I have so much appreciated it. I admit, though, that I don't intuitively understand you like I do with some other people, and that bums me out because I really like you and am disappointed I can't quite sync up; I feel like I keep misinterpreting what you mean when you say things.
    Oh that's okay. I mean I can be friends with pretty much anyone as long as they don't annoy me and you don't annoy me too badly. I like Sub a lot too but we don't really have that much common. knowwhatimsaying? With me, what you see is pretty much what you get. I don't play games and usually just tell it like it is. Was I always that way? No, but I am older and don't have time for shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I relate to your humanity, especially when I spoke to you on the phone. I think you're a great wife and mother, and I relate to the food thing too. Me and food, trying to be friends. You and food, same thing. Me and exercise, wanna get back into it. You too.
    Thanks Food and I are good friends. I've tried to pick fights with it but it just doesn't seem to take well to hints. As for the gym, I love it and have been going every day.
    Plus, you're nice to look at. We totally have that in common.
    *blush* Thank you.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  4. #44
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Reading the whole thread, as a person who does not know you well, I am led to wonder if you use this judgmental thing, seeing people as stupid, pitiful, etc. is really a way to keep emotional distance between you and others because you are afraid of closeness for some reason.

  5. #45
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Reading the whole thread, as a person who does not know you well, I am led to wonder if you use this judgmental thing, seeing people as stupid, pathetic, etc. is really a way to keep emotional distance between you and others because you are afraid of closeness for some reason.
    Interesting, but I'm not so sure. I have the ability to be close to people and am very close to my Husband and kids. I do have several friends from my past that I keep in touch with. As for others, I am more of a loner and have never kept in close contact with friends or acquaintances as I prefer to move on to the next phase in life without any hassles. Call it what you will, I just don't get that attached.

    As for relating to or identifying with you, I believe we share similar morals and ethics. I have agreed with you on more than one occasion and admire your intelligence.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  6. #46
    Senior Member vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Thanks. That's a great movie btw.People more often times than not really annoy me. Is how you feel?
    I thought Idiocracy was great too. Great concept. Very funny sometimes too. Especially cause the main character is so powerless over all the idiocy. Very familiar. It's alsmot like a parody of my own life. Eventhough I can be an idiot myself in certain aspects

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Psych - ENTPs, can you relate to Shawn Spencer?
    By HiddenAutumn in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-28-2014, 02:17 AM
  2. [NF] NF can you talk to me
    By think2much in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 01:13 PM
  3. [NF] NFs! who can you relate to?
    By Black Hole Sun in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-03-2011, 03:25 AM
  4. [INFP] INFPs, can you relate to the martyr stereotype?
    By lapalm in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 07:39 PM
  5. [INFP] INFP, you can probably relate to this one
    By MrRandom88 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 03:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO