User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I don't know if it's just me, but you should probably post a short description of yourself from your point of view. I don't think everyone knows you by heart, as it is the internet and very anonymous, as unfortunate as that is.
    "I'm just not meeting these fantasy ideals of yours which are mine." -Adrian Madden

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Just curious if any members here (who are familiar with me) can relate to me since this is the main reason I joined the forum to begin with. I know at least one person here does.

Edit: If you have no idea who I am, it's likely that I don't know who you are so it would be a waste of time for you to respond if you know what I mean.
    I think I understand you (at least partly) because you remind me of somebody in the real life. I could be wrong too but who knows?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

^How old are you?

At least as old as me. ;P
    hee. I was gonna say, "Ancient beyond all recognition."

But I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I can understand the motivation behind all your actions. I get you 100%, or at least, I can say I've never not understood where you were coming from.
    How would you possibly know that you understood someone 100%? It's hard to distinguish that from simply believing we understood, when we didn't, and then we get corrected, over and over. (A process that occurs daily throughout our lives, no matter how smart we are.) I think the majority of conflicts occur because we react to people because we thought we knew what they meant, but we didn't.

It sounds like she didn't agree.

It would be interesting, Jen, to hear how you view yourself. We started doing the Johari/Nohari windows again over on another site and it always is so interesting to see how I perceive someone vs how they perceive themselves inside.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    It would be interesting, Jen, to hear how you view yourself. We started doing the Johari/Nohari windows again over on another site and it always is so interesting to see how I perceive someone vs how they perceive themselves inside.
    Great idea ! Those appeared to be great tools for learning how you come off to people! I think it only works knowing who sees/says what and them being open to feedback concerning their observations/insights. I would hold very little value lets say in a noob vs. someone who has hung out with me on a forum for a couple of years. You appear to have a fairly thick skin so this could be a great option. I would be happy to participate and own up.

Even though I will be meeting you soon I can give you what I think so far. I relate to you in many cases but I feel that's because we are in similar life circumstances raising a family & working. In personality/behavior I do not understand you as well really. We see 'issues' as a general rule quite differently. I don't have the same troubles with most of the other XNFJ points of view. I've summed this up (in thinking on it previously) that you are 'very J' which I think Athenian is as well. I think this could also be a reason why you two rub each other the wrong way at times! I don't know how you score on tests but that is what I get. I'm not a strong J so I think this could be one of the reasons I don't relate as well. Please keep in mind I'm just generalizing and offering what little I can get from you on a forum/ventrilo.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    ...In personality/behavior I do not understand you as well really. We see 'issues' as a general rule quite differently. I don't have the same troubles with most of the other XNFJ points of view. I've summed this up (in thinking on it previously) that you are 'very J' which I think Athenian is as well. I think this could also be a reason why you two rub each other the wrong way at times!
    That would be my guess as well, Jen; you and Ath are two very strong J types (to me), I'm used to hearing very explicit and strong statements from you both over the time we have known each other.

You have been a very straight-forward and strong support for me over the last year and I have so much appreciated it. I admit, though, that I don't intuitively understand you like I do with some other people, and that bums me out because I really like you and am disappointed I can't quite sync up; I feel like I keep misinterpreting what you mean when you say things.

(Which is why hearing how you work inside is something I think would be very neat.)

/end attack of the mushies
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFJ

I understand your response and honestly I have felt misunderstood my entire life so far so I thought I'd reach out to a forum full of strangers. I would say there are a few people who really get me, one is my INTJ husband who had a similar response to yours which made me .
    I just don't understand the need to be related to as long as you are understood.

I'm curious now. Why are you 'so J'?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Based on your assessment of me, I'd say your intuition isn't working very well. Your responses lead me to believe that you're easily annoyed and I've witnessed you react irrationally at times which is why I am not so sure you're an archetypal INTP. Bear in mind it would be impossible to accurately analyze you based on your typed words.
    How am I wrong? I'm not easily annoyed by everyone, but you tend to push my buttons when you try to ostracize others. I think it's childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    How would you possibly know that you understood someone 100%? It's hard to distinguish that from simply believing we understood, when we didn't, and then we get corrected, over and over.
    I anticipated that, so I said: "or at least, I can say I've never not understood where you were coming from." It's always a subjective assessment. Jen's never done said anything where I've had no idea why she's saying it or where she's coming from.

It sounds like she didn't agree.
    Oh well. That doesn't change my opinion or confidence in what I said.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I relate to your humanity, especially when I spoke to you on the phone. I think you're a great wife and mother, and I relate to the food thing too. Me and food, trying to be friends. You and food, same thing. Me and exercise, wanna get back into it. You too.

Plus, you're nice to look at. We totally have that in common.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

I don't know if it's just me, but you should probably post a short description of yourself from your point of view. I don't think everyone knows you by heart, as it is the internet and very anonymous, as unfortunate as that is.
    I guess it's just for the regulars who are 'in the know,' thus we sporadic posters are not quite elite enough to know whether or not we can relate. ;)

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    How am I wrong? I'm not easily annoyed by everyone, but you tend to push my buttons when you try to ostracize others. I think it's childish.

*Throws rose petals at the feet of the great Edahn* “Litigating for the needy, gracious champion of the downtrodden and noble empathizer of the pitiful!” All hail Eden!

Time is a delicate mistress.