• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ: Morbidly Dark

Motor Jax

MBTI Type
INFJ
i love Dark Humor in a morbid kinda way

are all INFJ's like this?

i know i am a Dark kinda person, yet i find humor when everyone else is so somber

Penso mucho en eso!

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I'd say you're a rare bird. The INFJs seem to me very sensitive about those things....

then again one that I work with in the lab has no problem about decapitating Wistar rats for research purposes and kid about it, which kind of suprises me since she's an animal lover, so I may be off base.

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like dark humor/dark films. I guess there's just a lot of variation within INFJs. Based on at least one of the threads here there are INFJs that are upset by it I think.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
It depends, I think.

Grosse Pointe Blank and Hogfather are two of my favorite moves and I love Re: Your Brains by Jonathan Coulton, and Angel is one of my favorite TV shows. So if those things count as dark humor, then at least one other INFJ likes dark humor.

Happy Hogswatch!

7367.jpg

Atomic Fiend

i love Dark Humor in a morbid kinda way

are all INFJ's like this?

i know i am a Dark kinda person, yet i find humor when everyone else is so somber

Penso mucho en eso!

That depends on the person I suppose.

I love dark humor, I love irony. I'd love to read a joke about a man who hung himself with his own belt on a traffic light because he grew tired of living an undignified, and humiliating life, and he wanted everyone to take him seriously for once, only to have his pants fall right off and reveal his tighty-whiteys to the world. As long as it's just a joke, then yeah, I laugh my ass off.

Of course I would only tell people that are really close to me about that side of myself.

I've hung out with one other male INFJ before and we've made fun of things that are by no means funny. I don't know but I think it was because we knew we had nothing to do with it, and even though we knew it was tasteless, neither of us was going to take offense or tell anyone about it.

Motor Jax

MBTI Type
INFJ
That depends on the person I suppose.

I love dark humor, I love irony. I'd love to read a joke about a man who hung himself with his own belt on a traffic light because he grew tired of living an undignified, and humiliating life, and he wanted everyone to take him seriously for once, only to have his pants fall right off and reveal his tighty-whiteys to the world. As long as it's just a joke, then yeah, I laugh my ass off.

Of course I would only tell people that are really close to me about that side of myself.

I've hung out with one other male INFJ before and we've made fun of things that are by no means funny. I don't know but I think it was because we knew we had nothing to do with it, and even though we knew it was tasteless, neither of us was going to take offense or tell anyone about it.

yeah, i'm like that too. just joking around

now, if it was someone that i have known, i will miss them and feel really, really bad

but, like at work:
"hey, did you hear about the bus load of elderly that was hit by the semi?"

me: "yea" *smiles*

"that's not funny. why are you smiling?"

me: "well..."

"you need to get it together."

me: "get what together?"

"you smilin' cause there was an accident, like it's some kinda joke."

me: "i'm not going to cry about. what do you want me to do about it?"

I'd say you're a rare bird. The INFJs seem to me very sensitive about those things....

then again one that I work with in the lab has no problem about decapitating Wistar rats for research purposes and kid about it, which kind of suprises me since she's an animal lover, so I may be off base.

yea, that's familiar

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
yea, that's familiar

Yeah. I remember when we were dissecting cats in my Anatomy and Physiology class that I couldn't help but sing, "Pussy cat pussy cat I love you, Pussy cat pussy cat yes I do" but nobody seemed to find it as funny as I did.

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tried to quote this:

"
yeah, i'm like that too. just joking around

now, if it was someone that i have known, i will miss them and feel really, really bad

but, like at work:

"you smilin' cause there was an accident, like it's some kinda joke.""

I can't help but laugh at inappropriate things. I say "I'm sorry" while I'm laughing. People seem surprised like they never expected it and it's kind of embarrassing. o well.

Last edited by a moderator:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah. I remember when we were dissecting cats in my Anatomy and Physiology class that I couldn't help but sing, "Pussy cat pussy cat I love you, Pussy cat pussy cat yes I do" but nobody seemed to find it as funny as I did.
:huh: :rofl1:

Edit:

This is the shirt I bought my daughter today. It is so cute and it was on sale!

AAAAAmR9MmsAAAAAAH686g.jpg

Atomic Fiend

but, like at work:

"you smilin' cause there was an accident, like it's some kinda joke."

me: "i'm not going to cry about. what do you want me to do about it?"

lol. There was something that happened at some other school in the county between some girl, and the her schools baseball team, yes, the whole team.

Me and the other INFJ heard about this and sat in silence, but not cause we felt horrible, but because he wanted to joke about how much it sucked to be guy that had to go last.

hahatheresaspecialplaceinhellforushahahaha.

Desert Flower

*Giggles* Now this is the type of thing I would laugh at. I don't know if I have a dark humor. Its more cartoonish (ie. Southpark or Family Guy) or creating all these zany scenerios in my head to amuse myself. I can't take stuff like this seriously unless it happening in front of me. I guess my humor is a little irreverent.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a pretty big morbid streak and can be attracted to dark things (to the point where my ENFP sister bars my way), and have been known to say things that are dark and "WTH?!" but I don't get a lot of enjoyment from making jokes about horrifying episodes. I don't know if my being a primary Fe makes me more easily horrified than Ni primaries? I tend to think INFJs have thicker skins.

Hotherym

MBTI Type
INFU
I've been told I'm a very negative, morbid person, and I'm sure that spills over into my brand of humour. All the INFJs I've known have been very similar in that way.

I don't really subscribe to the idea of 'dark,' since that implies 'light,' and I get lost on a concept of something so black and white. I'll just say I have 'grey humour,' though I don't separate humour from everything else, either.

I laughed at my mom's funeral. I'm sure many would find that pretty morbid.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I laughed at my mom's funeral. I'm sure many would find that pretty morbid.

Not really.

If you laughed while attending your mother's funeral, that implies very little. Not all funerals are sad events, even for loving people. Laughter isn't banished from moments of grief because it's not always inappropriate.

If you laughed BECAUSE your mother was dead, others may deduce that you're either heartless or had no emotional or physical connection to your mother which merely signals you as tactless or gauche.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My brother and I were cutting up in the car between the funeral home and our grandma's graveside service. We were both devastated by her loss, but your brain has to have a break from the grief. It's how we stay sane.