• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] statistics on us 1-3% INFJs

eternal recurrence

MBTI Type
iNfj
Does anyone have any theories/thoughts as to why INFJs make up such a small percentage of the population?:happy2:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Intuitives are less likey to be Js since Ns in general are more open minded like a lot of Ps and Feelers are also less like to be Js since judgements are more of a coldly calculating move lots of Ts make and also most feelers are more likely to be outgoing since the nature of connecting with people relates to E. Because of that INFP, ENFJ, and especially ENFP vastly outnumber INFJs because even though the letters I N F and J are not all the rarest letters, the particular way they combine together is rare.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My (not so serious) theory from an evolutionary and sociological perspective: Majority of INFJs in the caveman days stayed inside the cave and made theories about why the stars moved in a certain way as well as spiritual causation of natural phenomena. Rarely did they interact with the community, so lack of progeny resulted. Some lived as recluses in mountain caves as spiritual leaders that people went over to get advice from, went on long journeys alone, just to find a deeper insight of the workings of the cosmos. :alttongue: ;)

In all seriousness though, I'm not even sure why we're a small part of the population. :shrug:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If MBTI has any genetic correlation I would posit that: They aren't very good at running away from predators.

Actually, that's what I said the other day. Survival of the fittest. ES types are going to win that one at some point in evolution.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, that's what I said the other day. Survival of the fittest. ES types are going to win that one at some point in evolution.

Along those lines, is "N-ness" a luxury only afforded by the human race in times of (active) civilization?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Along those lines, is "N-ness" a luxury only afforded by the human race in times of (active) civilization?

ummm, possibly. I guess we wouldn't reach "active civilization" without a decent amount of innovation,.... as long as the N's could survive the other stuff leading up to it.

A

Anew Leaf

I, for one, welcome this day. I shall latch myself like a barnacle upon [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION]'s awesomeness and cling to life with a suction cup.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I, for one, welcome this day. I shall latch myself like a barnacle upon [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION]'s awesomeness and cling to life with a suction cup.

And you shall be protected from all harm, and feed well as my neverending gluttony consumes all life around me, Muhahahahaaa!!!!! :evilgenius:

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Intuitives are less likey to be Js since Ns in general are more open minded like a lot of Ps and Feelers are also less like to be Js since judgements are more of a coldly calculating move lots of Ts make and also most feelers are more likely to be outgoing since the nature of connecting with people relates to E. Because of that INFP, ENFJ, and especially ENFP vastly outnumber INFJs because even though the letters I N F and J are not all the rarest letters, the particular way they combine together is rare.

This is so full of stereotypes, I don't know where to start

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is so full of stereotypes, I don't know where to start

Come up with a better theory then about how both F and J are more common than T and P but yet INTP is more common than INFJ. It's all about the way the letters combine.

R

Riva

If MBTI has any genetic correlation I would posit that: They aren't very good at running away from predators.

*While the whole tribe is running away from predators*

INFJs - You guys go ahead, I'm going back to get my cats.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does anyone have any theories/thoughts as to why INFJs make up such a small percentage of the population?:happy2:

I've met more INFJs than I have any other the other intuitive types (save for the INTPs).

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because we're special snowflakes, and snowflakes melt quickly?

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do they do?

What do they like?

What are they known for?

What is the oppsite?

ESFP?

What do they do?

What do they like?

What are they known for?

bingbangboom! Answers and new questions to guide us along this mysterious path.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP

Unicorns don't actually exist. Sorry.

A

Anew Leaf

We don't have to chase unicorns because...........