User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    enfp

I can relate a lot to this! One thing though, writing really helps me to express my emotions better, especially since i keep a diary and it allows me to practise writing out my thoughts about life without fear of judgement or inaccuracy, since it doesn't matter when it's private. For me what i feel is a sense of incompleteness-- i can attempt to describe how i feel about certain matters, but it's only a very superficial thing. Somehow when i say it out what made perfect logical/intuitive sense in my head just sounds ridiculous when i say it out. because of this i probably seem really crazy to my friends, i can never explain my decisions properly! -.- it really gets in the way of having any rational arguments too, especially given that i'm rather emotional at times.....

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I've given up trying to get validation from my writing.

When my writing is on it's really on. Everything makes sense, however more often than not its poor and receives a lot of critics.

You could be a lot better at speaking? And, you'll find in life that meditation on your pathologies does nothing good for you, because those few strengths you do have a gems. They are the defining quality which the world will hold you up to the light and be in amazement. Not that the world's opinions should be the essence of deriving meaning.

You just cannot think much of the world's opinions. A lot of utterly useless and stupid people honestly.. I've made a success of myself in many areas because I abandoned convention. All told me I was stupid, but latter were asking me for my opinions. Its the crazy ones and the loners.. that uplift and give meaning to this world.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Feeling gets so personal and intimate for us that its impossible to communicate the feeling in words, but in sympathetic tones and textures that hint at it. An Fi sentiment is poetry personified, and accepting that you can artfully articulate it, but never fully express it directly is the key to allowing Fi to communicate in its own way; that of action and conviction unflinching.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Sorry it took so long to reply everyone, but all the advice was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    I think there was a threat where an INFP said they could never put feelings to words because it felt fake. I don't really feel the same way. However, I've noticed that when it is expected of me to show emotions, I find it very difficult and awkward.

My INFP bf is the same way as you are. He finds over-expreasiveness tacky. He prefers to keep feelings private :blush

Really? INFJ-INFP... I'm really curious as to how that would pan out... please tell... ok, I'm planning on dating an INFJ...
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

Feeling FiNe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    Feeling gets so personal and intimate for us that its impossible to communicate the feeling in words, but in sympathetic tones and textures that hint at it. An Fi sentiment is poetry personified, and accepting that you can artfully articulate it, but never fully express it directly is the key to allowing Fi to communicate in its own way; that of action and conviction unflinching.
    I liked the part about the Fi sentiment, and that's really reassuring that it's probably just an INFP thing that needs to be developed, and that I'm not just emotionally blunt or whatever.

Feeling FiNe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by flameskull95 View Post
    Really? INFJ-INFP... I'm really curious as to how that would pan out... please tell... ok, I'm planning on dating an INFJ...
    I can go on for ten pages on the INFJ-INFP dynamics

Anyway, the first thing you both need to realize is that the 'amazing similarities' that you seem to have are not real similarities. You more or less arrive at the same conclusions through very different processes. The gap is incredibly wide and deep, and you need to communicate A LOT.

INFJs can come off rather judgy and controlling, and INFPs can come off rather judgy and selfish. A lot of the disagreements come from "You hurt me because you did this and it means this" and the other person going "No, you're wrong because my action did not mean that", and the first person going "Are you suggesting that my precious feelings are wrong?" It is important to understand that you are different, and you evaluate things from a different perspective. The best solution is to keep in mind that no one is wrong, and the best approach to any disagreement is "Why do you feel/think that way? I really want to understand."

But anyway, the connection is just amazing and it's really emotionally and spiritually fulfilling. I've been with my INFP for almost 4 years now and it feels so right.

Good luck!

(Feel free to pm me with any questions!)
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by flameskull95 View Post
    Seriously no one!?!
    Lol just calm the fuck down
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Lol just calm the fuck down

Well... great contribution !

Feeling FiNe

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

It just seems like you're going into repeating thought cycles and spinning off into crazy. Do some relaxation excercises be proactive and don't overthink/feel that stuff. Be proud of yourself if you're doing the best you can.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

The deeper emotions are, the longer it takes me to process them, much less outwardly express them in a formal setting. I didn't really feel sadness right after my grandpa died - just endless hollowness. I was stone-faced through the funeral and only really began mourning months later. Now it's been years and I feel deeply, genuinely sad. I began to write a story about it in college but I had too hard of a time expressing such a personal thing, so I morphed it into a semi-autobiographical story, a sort of creative non-fiction piece. I understand what you mean - it was too much of me, too deep to be able to accurately depict on paper.