• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What makes you or existence worthless?

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you, the existence, everything. what makes it all worthless?

yet is this what you consider to make you worthless the very source of your strength? are you disgusted of how prideful yet lowly others perform in this section? how well do you perform at it and how it helps you to see existence/yourself that way?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Myself:
If no one cares about me.
Not accomplishing anything of value to society.
If I did accomplish something, would it make any difference over the long run?

Existence in general:
Human race is likely to become extinct over a long term either by natural causes or from our own undoing (e.g. nuclear war).
There is no god and life has no inherent purpose.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At our current level of evolution and phase of development we humans are a big nobody in this Universe though on our journey of achieving infinite mastery of creation we will gradually reach the alien Gods.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd also add that when you think in terms of the entire universe, all the stars, all the galaxies, etc., life on earth seems pretty insignificant. Then again, it kind of makes it special if life exists nowhere else but no one knows for sure yet.

Little_Sticks

you, the existence, everything. what makes it all worthless?

yet is this what you consider to make you worthless the very source of your strength? are you disgusted of how prideful yet lowly others perform in this section? how well do you perform at it and how it helps you to see existence/yourself that way?

Nothing, because everything is the foundation for worth.

HO HO HO

KDude

That's the height of pretension. That you've actually categorized "lowliness" in people who don't think existence is worthless enough. Boo hoo.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
What a 4w3 question!

I doubt my worth when I underachieve, which is a lot of the time. Then I start thinking about what I should've done, again and again. I was actually re-reading stuff about 4's today and I found this beauty:

Fours grow by recognizing that while the hurts and losses of the past were real enough, there is no need to keep revisiting them in the imagination. On the contrary, doing so keeps drawing them out of the richness and depth of the present moment—the one time and place in which their real feelings and their true identity can be found. Fours need to see how working up their feelings actually moves them further away from their most authentic self and their truest self expression.

I should really take that advice.

W

WALMART

Oh geez, was this thread made for me?

Let's see... I know more than a person should believe. I believe more than a person should know.

And all the while it's pointless.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Worthless by what standard? Existence can only be worthless if something else is worth something, otherwise the word worthless (i.e. without worth) becomes meaningless. But since existence includes everything it must include something of worth, ergo existence can not be worthless./sophism of the day

What value you attribute to your own personal life/existence is a whole different matter. You might think that a person's worth depends on their skills (but which?) or on the impact they have on their environment (but how do you decide what is a positive or a negative impact?) or on the affection that others have for them (how to measure that?) but not only is this arbitrary, you would still measure your own "worth" by comparing it to something else that supposedly is worth something, in this case the life of others you consider more enviable.

Long story short, I think you are asking the wrong question. It shouldn't be "what makes you or existence worthless?" (a destructive and depressive, psycologiocally unhealthy question based on some very shaky assumptions that ) but rather "What makes you and your existence worthwhile for you?". That would reap some productive answers since they will differ from person to person but every healthy human being will have some kind of answer to that.

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
myself: nothing is ever completely worthless, but, it does feel pretty bad to get rejected by others, and nagging loneliness can be a downer too. also, the "you're lazy, why are you sitting around on the internet? do something!" feeling, not as bad and i dont get it as often but it comes to mind.

everything: when i think about where everything came from, where humanity came from, wondering if its all just a coincidence that it all turned out this way and it always turns into an internal mindfuck for me that usually ends in "what is even the point in thinking about this?"

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Worthless by what standard? Existence can only be worthless if something else is worth something, otherwise the word worthless (i.e. without worth) becomes meaningless. But since existence includes everything it must include something of worth, ergo existence can not be worthless./sophism of the day

What value you attribute to your own personal life/existence is a whole different matter. You might think that a person's worth depends on their skills (but which?) or on the impact they have on their environment (but how do you decide what is a positive or a negative impact?) or on the affection that others have for them (how to measure that?) but not only is this arbitrary, you would still measure your own "worth" by comparing it to something else that supposedly is worth something, in this case the life of others you consider more enviable.

Long story short, I think you are asking the wrong question. It shouldn't be "what makes you or existence worthless?" (a destructive and depressive, psycologiocally unhealthy question based on some very shaky assumptions that ) but rather "What makes you and your existence worthwhile for you?". That would reap some productive answers since they will differ from person to person but every healthy human being will have some kind of answer to that.

point of life is survival, and while surviving we make our own achievements which either aid our survival individually or otherwise, in any case interest of the specie.

as such, worth is defined as something which a member of our specie finds aidful in their path on surviving this existence. whatever that is, is up to you.

well, i guess we Te's want to view existence as meaningless while viewing ourselves/people worthful, for Ti/Fe's opposite. thus the question is more Ti + Te concerning than Fi + Fe which are the optimist functions in comparison to T's being critical.

also to answer what makes it worthful to me: imagination. everything is plain without it.

and to answer my own question:
incapability to utilize myself to my maximum, and of existence: bad programming in human brains.

What a 4w3 question!

I doubt my worth when I underachieve, which is a lot of the time. Then I start thinking about what I should've done, again and again. I was actually re-reading stuff about 4's today and I found this beauty:

I should really take that advice.

i red your post and thought "hmm.. i havent been behaving like a 4w3 at all lately" .. then now i thought again, what have i spent past two weeks, all of my free time? well, yes, ive been thinking about the social dynamics which form the possibility of expressivity, and the different roles in expressing, emotional expressivity(the admirer), admiree(the star, one with seeming power while not necessarily holding the real control). etc, ive found interesting things. maybe i should start an in depth thread on the matter? =|

also: you cant have feelings without having a feeling bank, thus reviewing past feelings is crucial unless you want to end up flat like i currently am. and its nto easy getting out of this swamp, since im afraid of facing my feelings alone.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't understand the question. I'm not worthless at all, and never have felt that way. I think when the consequences of the actions of a person associated with their existence cause more harm than benefit, when the scales tip that way, then that person becomes expendable. I am not in that position. I think every living thing is worth something, because life is valuable.

Not that we really matter at all outside of our planet, but that's where we are, so we matter to us.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
occasionally it is really useful to think in these terms because it can free you from feeling like everything is so dang important and let you just do whatever the fuck you feel like.

hyperbole and a half demonstrates.

sad16alt.png

sad18.png

sad8alt7.png

sad23alt.png

sad23alt4.png

sad30.png

Picture+54.png

sad17alt.png

!

!!!

!!!!!

depression17alt.png

ALL OF THE SKITTLES.

sad1alt3.png

Attachments

• sad16alt.jpg
    sad16alt.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 0
  • sad18.jpg
    sad18.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 0
  • sad23alt.jpg
    sad23alt.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 0
  • sad17alt.jpg
    sad17alt.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 0

lostlanguage

I don't know but I love this question and am planning to start a support group around it in real life.