User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Default What makes you or existence worthless?

you, the existence, everything. what makes it all worthless?

yet is this what you consider to make you worthless the very source of your strength? are you disgusted of how prideful yet lowly others perform in this section? how well do you perform at it and how it helps you to see existence/yourself that way?

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Myself:
    If no one cares about me.
    Not accomplishing anything of value to society.
    If I did accomplish something, would it make any difference over the long run?

Existence in general:
    Human race is likely to become extinct over a long term either by natural causes or from our own undoing (e.g. nuclear war).
    There is no god and life has no inherent purpose.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

At our current level of evolution and phase of development we humans are a big nobody in this Universe though on our journey of achieving infinite mastery of creation we will gradually reach the alien Gods.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'd also add that when you think in terms of the entire universe, all the stars, all the galaxies, etc., life on earth seems pretty insignificant. Then again, it kind of makes it special if life exists nowhere else but no one knows for sure yet.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    you, the existence, everything. what makes it all worthless?

yet is this what you consider to make you worthless the very source of your strength? are you disgusted of how prideful yet lowly others perform in this section? how well do you perform at it and how it helps you to see existence/yourself that way?
    Nothing, because everything is the foundation for worth.

HO HO HO

That's the height of pretension. That you've actually categorized "lowliness" in people who don't think existence is worthless enough. Boo hoo.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

What a 4w3 question!

I doubt my worth when I underachieve, which is a lot of the time. Then I start thinking about what I should've done, again and again. I was actually re-reading stuff about 4's today and I found this beauty:

Fours grow by recognizing that while the hurts and losses of the past were real enough, there is no need to keep revisiting them in the imagination. On the contrary, doing so keeps drawing them out of the richness and depth of the present moment—the one time and place in which their real feelings and their true identity can be found. Fours need to see how working up their feelings actually moves them further away from their most authentic self and their truest self expression.
    I should really take that advice.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

WALMART

Oh geez, was this thread made for me?

Let's see... I know more than a person should believe. I believe more than a person should know.

And all the while it's pointless.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Worthless by what standard? Existence can only be worthless if something else is worth something, otherwise the word worthless (i.e. without worth) becomes meaningless. But since existence includes everything it must include something of worth, ergo existence can not be worthless./sophism of the day

What value you attribute to your own personal life/existence is a whole different matter. You might think that a person's worth depends on their skills (but which?) or on the impact they have on their environment (but how do you decide what is a positive or a negative impact?) or on the affection that others have for them (how to measure that?) but not only is this arbitrary, you would still measure your own "worth" by comparing it to something else that supposedly is worth something, in this case the life of others you consider more enviable.

Long story short, I think you are asking the wrong question. It shouldn't be "what makes you or existence worthless?" (a destructive and depressive, psycologiocally unhealthy question based on some very shaky assumptions that ) but rather "What makes you and your existence worthwhile for you?". That would reap some productive answers since they will differ from person to person but every healthy human being will have some kind of answer to that.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

myself: nothing is ever completely worthless, but, it does feel pretty bad to get rejected by others, and nagging loneliness can be a downer too. also, the "you're lazy, why are you sitting around on the internet? do something!" feeling, not as bad and i dont get it as often but it comes to mind.

everything: when i think about where everything came from, where humanity came from, wondering if its all just a coincidence that it all turned out this way and it always turns into an internal mindfuck for me that usually ends in "what is even the point in thinking about this?"
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%