User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    IsFJ

Something like... Pessimism > Nervousness > Frustration > Insecurity > Anxiety > Aloofness > Self-loathing > Cynicism, I guess?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

a deflated balloon
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

indignation, repulsion/disgust, dissatisfaction, scorn, resentment. I feel a frequent desire to punish and make things right when the world doesn't live up to my expectations and demands.
    ^this is probably not the most healthy state of mind to be in, though I can say it's a lot less severe than it was even a few months ago. best to look on the bright side I guess. progress is progress
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

garbage

Cool stuff.

I'll also say that I used to experience a lot of anxiety and self-doubt, especially as my career had just started to veer toward
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Being a freelancer
    territory. Questions such as--"Am I actually putting in enough effort?" arose a lot, and there were feelings that whatever external validation I received about my 'hard work' were temporary and that it could come crashing down.

Good ol' anxiety. When I'm faced with a decision, I place myself in "wait and see" mode for just a lil' while, focus on a choice that seems right, and ask myself what the worst that can happen actually is. That "worst" usually isn't as bad as we think, but sometimes we just plain don't want to look at it.

With that in mind, I weigh and analyze my various options pretty heavily, but I barely feel the anxiety. Now, I accept and appreciate my flexibility and day-by-day 'blank slate,' and I've moved on to other neuroses
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    I wouldn't have bothered answering in this thread because I'm an NT type
    Yeah, I wasn't sure where to put this--I figured that the NFs would be most interested in this subject, but, yeah, it's open to everyone. I rarely post in the type-related forums, but here we are.
    , but its curious how much I align with the OP. By far frustration is my most common negative emotion. I feel it because I'm out of patience with....

People not being grown up enough to be self directed. I am constantly having to prompt other people to do the things they know they need to do. Just get in with it already, don't wait for a personal invitation from me.

Things would be so much easier if we did this.....so why the hell are we doing that? And wtf does it take a committee and 6 months to just to decide this would be a better way?

To me, the answers often seem simple but this whole death by committee thing keeps everyone in a perpetual loop of ineffectiveness. Someone just make a freakin decision please!
    Yeah, I agree. Sometimes, we just gotta confront situations, 'man up,' and do what we need to do.

Work expands to fill the time that we've allotted for it. Sometimes, we allot way too much time--and, with a lil' bit of trimming, we can just get things out of the way, focus on the important aspects, and move on with our lives!

And sometimes, someone needs to step up, be a leader, and make decisions. Leaders of small groups tend to emerge from those groups, and, often, they're not the same as those who were actually appointed to the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    progress is progress

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    I wouldn't have bothered answering in this thread because I'm an NT type, but its curious how much I align with the OP. By far frustration is my most common negative emotion. I feel it because I'm out of patience with....

People not being grown up enough to be self directed. I am constantly having to prompt other people to do the things they know they need to do. Just get in with it already, don't wait for a personal invitation from me.

Things would be so much easier if we did this.....so why the hell are we doing that? And wtf does it take a committee and 6 months to just to decide this would be a better way?

To me, the answers often seem simple but this whole death by committee thing keeps everyone in a perpetual loop of ineffectiveness. Someone just make a freakin decision please!
    I agree completely. Irritation, frustration, and more extremely, anger are my most common negative emotions. I generally do well at containing their expression, at least around others, but I definitely feel them. I also experience anxiety sometimes when I am waiting for things to fall into place; when I have done everything within my control, and just have to wait for the outcome.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Anger then agitation then melancholy and guilt is a common pattern for me under negative circumstances.

I actually fit pretty well with the respective temperament for my MBTI type. Although, that of keirsey, especially, is way overblown. Imo it is, anyway.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Frustration and anxiety are probably the most prevalent.

Anger would be next which I try to keep well under control.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Wow... take your pick.

Anxiety, self-loathing, anger, irritation, hopelessness, loneliness, sadness, melancholy, guilt, shame, on and on..

I suppose the emotion that I feel most frequently might be irritation. I am constantly irritated by people. This leads to anger usually.
    ( . )( . )

garbage

Geez. This whole "irritation" thing that many of us go through might be worth a thread itself!

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Geez. This whole "irritation" thing that many of us go through might be worth a thread itself!

I don't know about you, but I'd get too irritated just thinking about what I get irritated about.
    ( . )( . )