User Tag List

123 Last

Default Rejection of Formerly-held Fi Values

Not just for NFPs, but for anyone.

Are your Fi values more or less constant throughout your life? Have you ever ended up rejecting one of your Fi values that you had formerly held? Seems more common that they gradually evolve and refine rather than change completely. However, if you've ever gone totally from one value to another, maybe say from believing one thing to be important to believing the opposite to be important instead, describe the situation and the process, to the extent possible.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

I really don't know enough about my values to tell you.

Banned

This thread already intrigues me.

As you were, cadets

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

My values have definitely changed over my lifetime. Events shape them, people shape them, experiences shape them, etc.

Edit: Mostly they have been refined or have evolved, as others have said, but a few have been downright dropped or reversed.

Mostly they have evolved and been refined over the years. Any perceived reversals are more likely superficial or due to a change in application of my core values as a result of learning about practical realities.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm still working on identifying my Fi values, but as far as I can tell I've never reversed or changed them. It's surprising to me, because I've had a lot of upheaval in my beliefs. But even so, the core remains. I think. What does seem to change is finding better ways of upholding them.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I have had some fairly big changes in Fi values. This usually occurs because I am introduced to some new information that shows an entirely different picture than what I was holding onto. It's happened quite a bit, but not typically with core values.

Recently one of the values I hold has been challenged an awfully lot... situations of conflict I have experienced or observed that boil down to rugged individualism vs awareness of social norms. I have started to feel very strongly that these two aspects need to be balanced.. and that while someone should be able to do, think, feel and behave however they'd like there is a certain amount of consideration they should have for their fellow beings. There is alot of Fe that is starting to make sense to me.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

YES

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I find mine...evolve, the more insight I gain into life. Things that I once reacted to in a volatile way suddenly become clearer and it suddenly dawns on me that a fear was causing the reaction, not a value as such. A self-defense mechanism as such which I mistook as a value. I prefer it when my 'values' are based on personal importance, not fear. When it comes to values themselves, I find that they gain more shades of grey as I grow older. And I do welcome that, as it enriches my views on life itself.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I know someone who's Fi core values have changed through a third party's intended brainwashing. He has succumbed himself to constant trouble and does not currently wish to look the way he used to see things. A defense mechanism was put in place to protect the newly found values to any alterations. He has unknowingly joined a cult and cannot see it no matter the evidence.