User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I know someone who's Fi core values have changed through a third party's intended brainwashing. He has succumbed himself to constant trouble and does not currently wish to look the way he used to see things. A defense mechanism was put in place to protect the newly found values to any alterations. He has unknowingly joined a cult and cannot see it no matter the evidence.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I have had some fairly big changes in Fi values. This usually occurs because I am introduced to some new information that shows an entirely different picture than what I was holding onto. It's happened quite a bit, but not typically with core values.

Recently one of the values I hold has been challenged an awfully lot... situations of conflict I have experienced or observed that boil down to rugged individualism vs awareness of social norms. I have started to feel very strongly that these two aspects need to be balanced.. and that while someone should be able to do, think, feel and behave however they'd like there is a certain amount of consideration they should have for their fellow beings. There is alot of Fe that is starting to make sense to me.
    You used to feel strongly that one was more important, now you feel that both are important? This seems to be how things have changed for me too. But I don't know that I have gone from valuing one thing to its opposite. Just from one side to a more balance between two sides.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Ah, yes, I apologise for my lack of more efficient substance to what you may more easily relate to.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I dont feel like mine have changed. They've clearly experienced some being trampled on, but I havent really left any behind. With that said, I've either refined some, or refined how they get applied. If anything, many of mine from long ago are still held, but held more deeply or at some deeper level or perspective.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Ladies love Lark. Even the lesbians. Is tha rulz.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Wait, this is not the unwritten rules thread, how did this happen. Is a mod trick me thinks.

garbage

I like to try out a variety of ideas, lifestyles, and mentalities on for size--it's a way to 'test' principles. The good ones get solidified, refined, and confirmed; the 'bad' ones get ditched. Often, the details of a belief get cast aside, but the core remains.

For example, a person may have identified with some particular political movement at some point in time and espoused its virtues. Over time, he was attracted to another political movement that had seemingly opposing ideals. This could very well be because he valued one particular general principle (e.g. freedom of personal choice and liberty) all along, but life experience taught him to refine the nuances and assumptions that he'd attached to that core value--and, as such, he found the same ideal better incorporated in a different political movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Ah, yes, I apologise for my lack of more efficient substance to what you may more easily relate to.
    Ah no... thumbs down at cult brainwashing...

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yes. Change as in refinement.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm still working on identifying my Fi values, but as far as I can tell I've never reversed or changed them. It's surprising to me, because I've had a lot of upheaval in my beliefs. But even so, the core remains. I think. What does seem to change is finding better ways of upholding them.
    This. Also, I went though some periods of discovering or coming to understand my values, but it was clear in this process that I always had them somwhere. I had never espoused the opposite, just perhaps hadn't considered that particular issue before.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...