User Tag List

First 456

First time I took mbti test I scored infp, and I was like awesome. Then I looked at some more, and was not sure, it was too ideal...took more tests and scored intp. Then I joined some intp board and made a few thousand post and still not sure. So I tried on istp, and, no, not really. These last few weeks I have had isfp, but I dont think it's that either.

If I am infp I guess I dont accept it, on the other hand I wish I was one, just don't think it is true, or any other type(those above) I might be. I've been looking at the exxp types for a while now, so maybe I will try them and see. I seriously doubt I'm E.

Guess I dont mind if I am a bit unsettled, maybe it is because it's fun with change, and I use myself as the lab rat now and then.

Junior Member lovely empty space's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

What I like, is being able to handle feelings, being able to see all aspects of yourself and finding it hard to deny what you don't like, endless strings of thought that end in "ah ha!", feeling various emotions physically, natural curiosity, not blindly following a certain authority just because they are called an authority.

I dislike my indecisiveness, intense social awkwardness (especially at work), laziness/lack of motivation, inarticulate, too sensitive to criticism, head being clouded by worry, when all I need to do is think for a second and the problem can usually resolve itself, being passive-aggressive versus being assertive, and not being able to think when I'm angry, because my heart is beating super fast, and I can barely remember anything I said, therefore I usually lose the argument.
    "Like the citrus glow off the old orange grove, or the red rocket blaze over Cape Canaveral.
    It's been a nightmare for me, some 1980's grief gives me parachute dreams like old war movies
    while the universe was drawn, perfect circles form infinity."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I like my 'intensely held values' and my deep protectiveness over my friends, family and loved ones, I like to nurture them, but in my own way, not in an ESFJ way, and my creativity and my appreciation of aesthetics and artistic talent and natural beauty, I like my warmth toward children and dogs, I like being a bit of a mental perfectionist, I enjoy my unconventional ways of thinking and feeling, I enjoy my liberal views, and I like analyzing a lot, and I love my intuition and my sarcastic sense of humor.

I dislike my inability to solve simple problems, instead I just dwell in it for a long, long time, too long, I am working on that problem, I dislike being discouraged easily, and I dislike my lack of certainty with logic, though I deem logic superior to emotions, but I can't quite argue with logic, I dislike being an introvert sometimes because many things just sucks the energy out of me.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Complex, abstract, emotional pain is not easy to resolve, and that can often be the world of the iNtuitive Feeler. Such pain is not subject to the external measurement of logic or anything concrete and observable. It is internalized perceptions of the external world and its meaning. When it is distorted by a subjective lens it can burn the soul. Becoming trapped by it is like fighting an assailant you cannot see.

So true and well said; it's very difficult at times to pull yourself out of that subjective place.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
    i like my personality and i like being a man but the two together just seems like a cruel joke sometimes.
    Tell me about it...